Author Topic: Fangame Manager  (Read 2747 times)

Cronpa

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 48.0.2564.116 Chrome 48.0.2564.116
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Fangame Manager
« on: March 05, 2016, 10:51:36 AM »
Are you tired of extracting the games and having to check every time if it's already inside a folder or not?
Do you want to have a cool Google Sheets file of your completed games but it's too much work?
Do you have a folder full of games and can't find which one you played last?
Do you use autohotkey and find it a pain to close the script?
This is the answer to all these and more!

The google start row and column options mean how many empty rows/column you want. It enables you to make some cool graphics as padding in case you want to. With just the default options it'll look like: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rb_DruPDAMqX50Wi0fgnK5-xz_mqan02od_DMctzAFM/edit#gid=0
The automatic death and time finding only works for games with readable DeathTime or save1-3 files. Otherwise it'll use 0, or try to read it and get a wrong number. It also doesn't support milliseconds, as seen in I Wanna Eat Chocolate Cake.

Autohotkey stop script will be ran automatically when you close a game opened thru the program, or when you close the program.

This is what the program started as. I always wanted to know how close I was to the right frame, or how fast I could shoot so I made this. The other parts came on top of it afterwards. The frame count isn't always accurate, because the frame starts on different times.

Download link to the file: https://www.mediafire.com/download/nzf9b1lm4w9xlsm/Fangame_Manager_0.92.zip
The program works by searching the folder it is in for folders. It then adds .exe files inside the folders as games.

Github link: https://github.com/Samlof/Fangame-Manager
The google sync won't work straight if you compile it yourself. You need to get your own Google Developers account and script id. I added a small tutorial for it and the script itself.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:30:25 AM by Cronpa »

Kyir

• The Kid
  • Normal Guy
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: Fangame Manager
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:10:31 PM »
This is pretty neat! I don't have anything specific to say really, but I'm sure this will be a useful tool for people with ten million fangames stuffed into one folder. If it doesn't do it already, I might suggest making the Games: column sort alphabetically though. Otherwise it might end up being just as much of a nightmare to find something in there.

lawatson

• The Kid
  • I do things and I make things.
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »
Sounds like a nice idea! I would suggest potentially having folders/search queries such as "Avoidance" or "Name Contains Special Characters" to make searching games easier.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:31:03 PM by lawatson »
(click to show/hide)

smoke weed everyday

Cronpa

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 08:31:30 AM »
I figured searching with Windows own search function is really useful already, so I focused more on the new fangames and remembering which one you played last. Also not quite sure how to filter folders like that. How would I know it's a category and not a game?
I thought of adding a list of new entries on the wiki, but can't automate downloading from mediafire anyway.

13.6.16 Edit. Updated the exe again. WinForms has some strange bug with Form.Hide() and Show() when multithreading. Or more likely I'm just bad :^). Made the main window never hide and some other usability improvements. Updated the solution too.

1.8.16 added github. No changes, but I still see some main window disappearing bug. No idea why really.

25.9.16 WPF branch on github. Revamp is almost done, just stats and wait windows and testing left. Should be much easier to develop new features or changes after it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:37:33 AM by Cronpa »