Author Topic: Download site help, etc.  (Read 2475 times)

patrickgh3

• Spike Dodger
  • stay optimistic! :D
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 44.0 Firefox 44.0
    • View Profile
    • Github
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Download site help, etc.
« on: February 14, 2016, 04:52:17 PM »
I thought it'd be nice to gather these kind of explanations all in one place. Let me know if you have any additions to this list and I'll add them here.

Axfc

Axfc is confusing for everyone, not just you, don't worry. You might also consider enabling your ad blocker for it.

1. First, click this button.

2. On the next page, click this link.

I've noticed you'll occasionally be sent to this "unavailable" page. If you do, try again after waiting a while, or try incognito/private mode.

3. On the next page, click this link to start the download.

Note: If that last link doesn't work, there's a magical workaround called the herring trick. Replace the first word in the URL (some fish thing) with "herring", and try that.

Mediafire

Click this button when it's loaded. You might have to solve a captcha or watch a video ad beforehand. (consider enabling ad blocker)

Note: If the page gives you an error saying the download was blocked due to some music file or similar, try going back and then loading the page again a few times.

ux.getuploader
Scroll down and click this tiny Download button in the middle of the page.

pan.baidu

Click this button at the top. You might have to enter a captcha.

Error: Cannot read the game file

If you get this error message, it's because of the strange characters in the name. You have to rename the .exe AND ITS FOLDER and remove those strange characters.

Game crashes on Windows 8

See bmxbandit's fix for Windows 8 crashes
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:00:08 AM by patrickgh3 »

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Android 4.4.2 Android 4.4.2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 47.0.2526.83 Chrome 47.0.2526.83
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Download site help, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:26:46 PM »
There is also ux.getuploader.com, which is used probably as much as baidu is used.

I'd also like to point out another error that can occur for certain fangames: An unexpected error has occurred while running the game; it probably isn't too useful to add it, however, as, as far as I know, no one knows how to bypass it.