Fangames > Game Design

YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *RESULTS*

<< < (2/12) > >>

infern0man1:
I mean I'm gonna make the game no matter what because I like the idea behind it; I just have to ask, if I weren't to include a boss in this, would it be outright disqualified?

YoSniper:

--- Quote from: infern0man1 on February 14, 2016, 08:22:48 PM ---I mean I'm gonna make the game no matter what because I like the idea behind it; I just have to ask, if I weren't to include a boss in this, would it be outright disqualified?

--- End quote ---
You know, I'm torn because I want you in the contest, but I also want to be fair to everyone else.

Short answer is yes. Both the one area and one boss minimums have to be met.

Long answer is, if it really does not sync with your game like you're telling me, then maybe you can make your boss fight an optional quest or something. I am very lenient on the structure of games, but the elements need to be there in some form.

HAEGOE:
Good to see that this year won't be 'the winner takes it all' contest. The fact that people who made more creative and better-looking game didn't get the money because they didn't win the highest scores made me feel guilty.

also, about creativity rule.. can people make a reference to a shoe and horn together, or refer to them more than once(for example : boss is a shoe-wearing giant horn instrument that throws its shoes while making MLG horn noises)?
just curious. not sure I can make it this year.

YoSniper:

--- Quote from: HAEGOE on February 14, 2016, 09:49:25 PM ---Can people make a reference to a shoe and horn together, or refer to them more than once(for example : boss is a shoe-wearing giant horn instrument that throws its shoes while making MLG horn noises)?

--- End quote ---
Yes, that is allowed. Less likely to win the Creativity prize in my opinion, but it's allowed.

YoSniper:
Hey guys, I just want to get some quick answers from the community so I can make an early decision:

One prospective participant wants to reuse his entry from last year for this year's contest (revamped to include this year's rules, of course.)

DOES ANYONE OBJECT TO THIS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version