Fangames > Game Design

YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *RESULTS*

(1/12) > >>

YoSniper:
RESULTS

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Sunday, July 3

RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS:

1) Minimum of 1 Area + 1 Boss Fight
2) Include a God Mode option (toggled with Ctrl + G)
    - Immortality
    - Ability to place Kid with mouse
    - BOTH OF THESE ARE MANDATORY
3) Include a README text file with your game describing how the Creativity rules are implemented, as well as any other necessary details
4) NO JUMPSCARES - Do not push the boundaries of this rule. I mean it.

CREATIVITY RULES:
5) Include a reference to a shoe (the generic Kid's shoes cannot count toward this.)
6) Include a reference to a horn.

PRIZES:

Once total purse is determined by number of contestants, the money will be divided as follows:
- 50% to outright winner of contest (highest aggregate score from judges)
- 30% crowd favorite (mass vote at end of contest)
- 20% most creative use of Creativity rules, as determined by judges

Thank you in advance to all who participate.

CONFIRMED CONTESTANTS & ENTRIES:
1. WetWookie - I Wanna Dance With Daggers
2. Lss - I Wanna Be The Soupreme
3. 128-Up - I Wanna Escape The Basement
4. GamerGuy500 - A Gamer's Journey
5. Hop - HopPros

Link to submitted games:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/1pu3drtzfntayka/Submissions.zip

JUDGES:
1. YoSniper
2. Paragus
3. GeoGeo22
4. Patrickgh3
5. pieceofcheese87
6. just_another_Guy
7. L4Vo5

infern0man1:
I had an idea a week ago that compelled me to make something for this contest for once; however, I have no idea how to incorporate a boss into it or any of the creativity rules for that matter without straying away from the original vision I had for the game, so rip ;;

YoSniper:

--- Quote from: infern0man1 on February 14, 2016, 02:26:25 PM ---I had an idea a week ago that compelled me to make something for this contest for once; however, I have no idea how to incorporate a boss into it or any of the creativity rules for that matter without straying away from the original vision I had for the game, so rip ;;

--- End quote ---
Well hey, you've got 4 months. You shouldn't tap out just yet. But I guess we'll see...

patrickgh3:
Sweet, another contest! In addition to your goal of having people come up with more interesting fangame designs, your contests are also a motivator for people to make fangames in the first place. Sometimes you just need a prompt and a deadline to get the creative juices flowing. And it's fun as a community to have events like this going on, and of course to see how people's games turned out, even if you don't participate. So, thank you.

I'm still not a huge fan of the "include references to this specific thing in your game" rules, but I like how they make fun of themselves this time. I might participate in this one, depending on how my other projects go. Oh and just to clarify, we can work in groups right?

YoSniper:

--- Quote from: patrickgh3 on February 14, 2016, 02:37:52 PM ---Oh and just to clarify, we can work in groups right?

--- End quote ---
Yes, group projects are allowed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version