Author Topic: Razer Black Widow Chroma unable to move 1 frame/3 pixels at a time  (Read 2157 times)

OhHeyKyohei

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 47.0.2526.106 Chrome 47.0.2526.106
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Hey guys, OhHey/Kyohei here. Just picked up a Razer Black Widow Chroma today in hopes that I would like it better than the brown switch keyboard I had before. And, much to my dismay, it is literally impossible for me to move 1 frame at a time to the left or right. I also tried this on both the 4 and 6 numpad keys to make sure it wasn't just the arrow keys, and they do the same thing.

And I know Den, Wolsk or Jumpy (forget who) and a few other guys in the community have the Razer Black Widow Ultimate, which I thought would be the same thing, just with colors. Does anyone else have this keyboard that has this issue? Because it's not even worth keeping if I can't move frame by frame.

Thanks for any help in advance, homes.  :atkHappy: /

JGBMaster

• Spike Dodger
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: Razer Black Widow Chroma unable to move 1 frame/3 pixels at a time
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:51:30 AM »
I don't think you'll just start doing 1frames consistently, I think you have to practice them first. Wolsk never knew how to 1frame until he somehow started doing them in Zeus. I personally can't 1frame with my keyboard (I can barely 2frame), but I can move left/right for 1 frame kinda consistently.

I know your keyboard isn't the same as Den, Wolsk, Jumpy and other players use but it's still a good keyboard and you should be able to 1frame/move for a frame with it, so I don't think your keyboard is the problem. I think you're pretty much new to fangames (not trying to be offensive here, I'm assuming you are new to this since this is your first post) and you (as many other players when they started playing fangames) aren't skilled enough to shorthop and move for a frame consistently.

I guess this is the "issue" since I've played fangames with other keyboards that could let me move for a frame kinda consistently but I've never been able to 1frame.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/jgb_iw
YouTube: gamemastr97
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jgb_iw
Speedrun.com: https://www.speedrun.com/jgbmaster
Discord: JGB#1037

OhHeyKyohei

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »
I don't think you'll just start doing 1frames consistently, I think you have to practice them first. Wolsk never knew how to 1frame until he somehow started doing them in Zeus. I personally can't 1frame with my keyboard (I can barely 2frame), but I can move left/right for 1 frame kinda consistently.

I know your keyboard isn't the same as Den, Wolsk, Jumpy and other players use but it's still a good keyboard and you should be able to 1frame/move for a frame with it, so I don't think your keyboard is the problem. I think you're pretty much new to fangames (not trying to be offensive here, I'm assuming you are new to this since this is your first post) and you (as many other players when they started playing fangames) aren't skilled enough to shorthop and move for a frame consistently.

I guess this is the "issue" since I've played fangames with other keyboards that could let me move for a frame kinda consistently but I've never been able to 1frame.

Lol, well, I'm also going to try to not be rude as well. And I chose this name because it's my twitch handle so people would recognize me. So, I've been playing fangames for just about a year now, and have beaten a few really shitty hard needle games and got to Boss Rush in K3. And I conveniently downloaded a game a few hours before I bought my new keyboard that shows my x pos, y pos, and how long I hold down the shift button for, and this showed me that I can 2 frame with ease on the old keyboard. So I'm 100% positive the new keyboard is the issue. I can 2 frame on command with my old keyboard in both red and brown switches. So that game was the first thing I opened up when I bought the keyboard, and I tried for 10 minutes straight to move 1 frame at a time left and right, and it is just completely incapable of doing so. I've run every test I could possibly to try and not move 2 frames at a time to the left and right, and there's simply no way, it will not happen. And I know that the issue isn't me because after those 10 minutes of trying to move left and right 1 frame at a time, I reached over the my laptop integrated keyboard, tap the left arrow key once, and moved 1 frame/3 pixels. First try. So, again, the keyboard is definitely the issue, I know I'm not a scrub and just "can't do" these easy techniques (not that you said I can't, just saying ahead of time).

I just don't know why this keyboard is having this issue. So I'm gonna return it and get my old one back today or tomorow unless someone on here knows some sort of weird trick to get this to work.

TvPvZ

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 03:32:47 PM »
I bought a Razer chroma late last year, I wasn't able to shorthop at all on it (lowest possible jump was a 3 frame).

Using a usb monitor tool I saw that the lowest possible delay I could get from [key press] to [key release] was around 35-40ms. That's where the issue probably is for you too. So your inputs will usually be minimum 3 frames. I don't know if there's any way to fix it, I personally returned mine and got a CM Quickfire Ultimate.