Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 3143 times)

Reply Code: Alpha

• Wannabe
    • View Profile
Hey guys
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:34:55 PM »
Hey guys,

what's the point of this forum besides having alle these crazy new smileys noone with a post count above 2 will ever be using because everyone is hating on them? 

Should I just go and post my games here which would ultimately reach the exact same people I've already reached with posting on the official forums? I am rather confused as to what this is all about. Someone please explain.

Thanks in advance.
I've rearranged the reply code.
Your planet will be spared.
I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.

Sephalos

• Spike Dodger
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »
This forum is for our TwitchTV IWBTG fangame community (The Wannabes).
I'm not sure who exacly is hating on this forum, since we have a larger and stronger fangame community than the official forum.

If you're interested in this community then I would point you to our team.
https://www.twitch.tv/team/thewannabes

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
We the people of the Fangame Community wont hate on anyone's game unless it legitimately sucks.  :Kappa:

Not saying any of your's suck. theyre pretty good!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:21:10 PM by infern0man1 »

lemonxreaper

• Administrator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Do you even needle?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:27:13 PM »
because the existence of the fangames board on that forum is a fallacy. nobody on that forum likes fangames or are stupid about it.
we however are here for our enjoyment of fangames so our thoughts are clouded by a bias of "all fangames are shit".  :DapperKapper:
Just pretend I have a cool picture like Zero.
Completed Fangames: httpss://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4678222/Complete%20Fangames.txt

Reply Code: Alpha

• Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:38 AM »
Woah, guys, I didn't accuse any of you of being hateful. I just meant the smileys. They don't like them on the other forums so I just figured I'd make a stupid joke about that as an introduction.

Now if that is so I will be posting a collection of my old games and my new one in the completed games section.

Thank you for answering my questions!
I've rearranged the reply code.
Your planet will be spared.
I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.

Holyanus

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
If you didn't find out by now, the smileys are from Twitch  :4Head:

Paragus

• Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 09:52:13 AM »
Hey guys,

what's the point of this forum besides having alle these crazy new smileys noone with a post count above 2 will ever be using because everyone is hating on them? 

Should I just go and post my games here which would ultimately reach the exact same people I've already reached with posting on the official forums? I am rather confused as to what this is all about. Someone please explain.

Thanks in advance.

First, welcome to the forums.  As someone mentioned these forums are based around the the Twitch.Tv team known as the Wannabes, which is a collection of streamers who play fangames.  Many people on the "official forums" are clueless to the popularity these games have and the growing popularity they are getting on twitch tv.   The entire fangame genre has grown into something far bigger and better than the original game that it deserves to have much more attention than a little sub forum on the official forums.

One of the great things about this community is that many of us have played hundreds of fangames, so you will find a lot of constructive opinions here if you are a game maker looking for feedback.   The other cool thing is that as our influence on twitch tv grows, your game will be seen by a lot more people than it would be just being buried on the official site.   Some of the streamers on this team are capable of drawing sizable viewing audiences, so you will get a lot of exposure, especially if your game is really well made.

You also get a chance to participate with both the people playing your game's in real time, and the people watching on twitch tv, who are often very curious about the games the streamers play.   I hope you will enjoy being a part of this community and help us spread the word.

Ario147

• Spike Dodger
  • Sex me
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »
People on official forum seems to be not nice, and not giving any help/feedback.

I remember when i asked for codes.
1. for warp, so u can change room -> after 2 days the working code has been posted \:Kappa:/
2. for not reseting music -> 10posts, 0answer, nobody knew  :4Head:
3. and i asked how to make room changing without warps, like, you go off screen and you're in another room -> I STILL DON'T KNOW THAT.  :Kappa:

And when i posted my very very first fangame on official forums reactions was like ,,fix this, fix this, change this, and we won't tell you how to do that even if you're new game maker"  :Kappa:
Its a beautiful day outside.

Birds are singing, flowers are blooming,

On days like these, kids like you...

S H O U L D  B E  B U R N I N G  I N  H E L L .

Holyanus

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »
Official forums is crap, just stay away from there, and I made a topic here about the warp outside the room issue, you should find that  :Kappa: