Author Topic: How to perform cancel jumps and how to implement them  (Read 2373 times)

Destructor Destroyer

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 41.0 Firefox 41.0
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
How to perform cancel jumps and how to implement them
« on: November 01, 2015, 02:03:42 AM »
I am using keyboard and i know you need to use both shift keys. When i use it i can't jump afterwards what is the timing for that. Biggest problem is how do you implement it in the game in order to do inverts or really tight jumps. When i perform one i feel like i need an extra hand so i can move the character as i cancel jump what else am i doing wrong? A video would be nice on how to do this or a picture of the controls of a keyboard or just a full tutorial on it....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:08:27 AM by Destructor Destroyer »

lawatson

• The Kid
  • I do things and I make things.
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 46.0.2490.80 Chrome 46.0.2490.80
    • View Profile
Re: How to perform cancel jumps and how to implement them
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »
Basically, what you have to do for singlejump cancels is press one shift and release the other at the exact same frame, should be easy. Pressing left or right while reaching your hands out for a jump cancel is pretty hard though. For inverts or double inverts, it's actually a lot more complex. You might have to use autohotkey to chain cancels. JGB had a tutorial he made for water inverts, it might help a bit
(click to show/hide)

smoke weed everyday

JGBMaster

• Spike Dodger
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 46.0.2490.80 Chrome 46.0.2490.80
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
Chaining cancels is only used for jumps where you have to cancel more than once in a row (floor and water inverts). As far as I know I'm the only player who does these jumps that way (basically because I'm the one who came up with this method) and since my cactus cancels are too high because I have a shit keyboard. Chaining cancels is definitely a lot harder than cactus cancelling and noone (besides me) uses it. Wouldn't recommend it unless you have a shit keyboard.

For inverts or double inverts, it's actually a lot more complex.
Nope. 2.xxx inverts (till 2.375), double inverts and 1.5 inverts can be done even without cancelling (if you can 1frame with your keyboard) and you don't need to chain cancels for that, you can just single cancel with rebinds. As I've said before chaining cancels is only used for floor and water inverts.

Also, if you have any questions about how to add rebinds, how to cancel with rebinds (it's slightly different than cancelling with a standard keyboard layout), how to cactus cancel, how to chain cancels and everything related to jump ancelling just add me on Skype (username is JGBMaster, the one with the Spanish flag).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:11:39 AM by JGBMaster »
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/jgb_iw
YouTube: gamemastr97
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jgb_iw
Speedrun.com: https://www.speedrun.com/jgbmaster
Discord: JGB#1037

Destructor Destroyer

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 41.0 Firefox 41.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »
In i wanna be the wing there is one jump which i think requires a jump cancel varient but im not sure how to implement a cancel jump while moving which i feel requires 3 hands because of how many times i have to press shift and move at the same time to do the jump. Always avoided inverts or downwards planes because of this. Still not sure how to cancel jump with this explanation its took confusing and could you do into more detail on how to do downwards planes only jump i can't do are jumps requiring jump cancels (small spike forming triple diamond, inverts, downward planes etc). Also where are you getting the 3rd shift key from i only have 2 shift keys on keyboard so the video doesn't help too much at all... Last thing is there is a jump in kamilia 3 secret 2 (which im not there yet but planning to do) which people say are one frame and bunny hop not sure how to do those either only thing stopping me from trying secret 2. JGB Master i now just got i hope you got my send skype i clicked the one with the spain lettering saw no flag its my first time. also do you want to add twitch as well? Instead would be big help and thanks for the continued assistence i appreciate it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:30:07 PM by Destructor Destroyer »