Author Topic: I Wanna Revive Demo  (Read 2488 times)

l3agu32

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.134 Chrome 43.0.2357.134
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
I Wanna Revive Demo
« on: July 21, 2015, 12:17:10 AM »
Can you return from the world of the dead? Press shift if you think so! This is a demo with 3 platforming screens and one boss. I put a lot of savepoints so you could check the whole demo without trouble. Give your thoughts on what should be worked better. And so you know I got to finish the platforming part, but I didn't get far against the boss, so as a skilled player if you are quite sure the boss is unbeatable because of so many attacks let me know.
 Link for download: https://www.mediafire.com/download/i4ehbrecnxsxc3p/I+Wanna+Revive+Demo.exe

Kyir

• The Kid
  • Normal Guy
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.134 Chrome 43.0.2357.134
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: I Wanna Revive Demo
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:59:55 AM »
A few things:
  • GMS is free now, and there's a workable engine with it that doesn't have any of the watermark or loading box nonsense in it.
  • Restarting music is really painful the player.
  • Something you did with the game makes it lag more and more with each time you die. I really don't know how you managed to code that.
  • Your spritework could use some... work. It's not really congruous and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of thought behind any of it in general.

So... yeah. I'd take this one back to the worktable.

Derf

Re: I Wanna Revive Demo
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:22:17 PM »
  • Something you did with the game makes it lag more and more with each time you die. I really don't know how you managed to code that.
This can be a lot of things, but the most common reason for this would be a surface or a particle effect that is loaded every time the room starts but not destroyed/freed when the room ends. So every time you restart the room, more system memory is being allocated to something you only needed it for once.

+ In regards to the game, Kyir was being polite. I've seen plenty of beginner fangames in my days and I've also seen plenty of troll fangames. While there are similarities between the two you can usually tell which is which. I'm leaning more towards this being a joke as opposed to a genuine attempt at a fangame.