Author Topic: Super Cat Planet!  (Read 2629 times)

lawatson

• The Kid
  • I do things and I make things.
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 51.0.2704.103 Chrome 51.0.2704.103
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Super Cat Planet!
« on: July 11, 2016, 04:30:49 PM »
I've been getting bored lately, and thusly I decided to bring attention to a game series that I actually find particularly fun to stream! The game is Cat Planet alongside its unofficial sequel, Super Cat Planet. Basically, it's an exploration game where you collect all the cats. The graphics, although minimal, are fitting and nice, and the pixel-music isn't half bad either. It's fun both to play casually and blindly and to speedrun. It's actually surprisingly hard getting a decent time with the routing and all.

For starters, I actually suggest you watch raocow's legendary let's play of this game. He's a run-of-the-mill canadian let's player of ROMhacks with a hilarious voice and enthusiastic commentary.

(click to show/hide)

Next up, you can get the game for absolutely free at ludum dare! party like it's 1599! Also, it's made in gamemaker, wow! https://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-16/?action=preview&uid=1081

Finally, after you've enjoyed the old one to an extent to an extent to an extent, download and play the biggest fan sequel out there right now, Super Cat Planet! It's a lot bigger and quite possibly one of the best things possible if you're a guy who digs exploration, and the difficulty is decent too. I would absolutely recommend a blind playthrough and even a stream to lighten up the mood. Also made in gamemaker (studio this time!), you can get it at raocow's forums. https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16025&sid=d83a803fd7eb10e76c9c1d6500a07edf

That concludes the cat planet booster package, so please consider playing it!
(click to show/hide)

smoke weed everyday

L4Vo5

• Cherry Eater
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: Super Cat Planet!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 06:43:39 PM »
Best credits ever xD downloading the sequel
I have to admit, i still haven't beaten IWBTG

Wolsk

• The Kid
  • Wolsky McKitty :3
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: Super Cat Planet!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:11:56 AM »
raocow's video is a classic, but I didn't really enjoy Cat Planet when I played it.  The movement is painfully slidey, and you bounce off everything you touch, so the platforming feels too difficult for the physics (even if the platforming isn't that hard).  I'll prolly still try out Super Cat Planet, though!
meow :3

Why are you complaining about being a meme? this is a positive thing