Author Topic: My belated greeting!  (Read 1466 times)

geogeo222

• Global Moderator
  • Wannabe
  • Hello o/
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 41.0.2272.118 Chrome 41.0.2272.118
    • View Profile
    • My twitch stream
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
My belated greeting!
« on: April 20, 2015, 06:35:57 AM »
Hello fellas and fellettes.  :paraKid:  I'm glad to finally introduce myself here, although I know some of you are familiar with me through the various wannabee twitch streams I've been frequenting for the past couple of months. I'm very fond of the community and the people that make it up, and have been becoming gradually more involved in streaming and in fangames over the past 8 months. Recently, I've been trying to get more involved with the wider fangame community!  :TriHard:

I'm a heavy viewer and fan of many twitch streams, and I actually found these games and the community through seeing RockLeeSmile do a playthrough of Celebrate 100. Having played IWBTG on lunchbreaks in middle school, and being a long-time fan of difficult platformers, the game immediately caught my attention and I played it right away. At this point I started discovering the wannabee team and peeking into various channels from time to time.

Pretty soon after, I found I basically couldn't stay away from these games and the community  :atkLove: There's just something about these games and watching people play them that is incredibly addictive. Since I am largely a loser who sits in my house all day, a large portion of my time is spent watching and playing fangames. After finding Celebrate 100 and playing it over and over, I started streaming occasionally, for proof of my speedruns of it. Nowadays, I stream pretty frequently(with a very small following), doing various casual playthroughs and speedruns of fangames, and you can find me live at literally any hour of the day, because what is a normal sleep pattern? I've been honing my fangame skill over this time, and I hold the record for Celebrate 100 and also I Wanna Bread  :cirThree: although I am by no means an expert player yet.

I frequent twitch streams a lot more often than forums, usually, so I will probably see you around there more often than here, but I recognize this is a place where I can begin to make some formal contributions to the community and (maybe?) have some more thoughtful conversation.
So even though it's a tiny bit redundant at this point for some of you, this is my formal super-official bona fide introduction to you all. o/
Hey TJ! Turn it up :Kappa:

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Playstyle: Keyboard