Author Topic: What happens when you mix speedrun.com and fangames? Magic.  (Read 1956 times)

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 41.0.2272.101 Chrome 41.0.2272.101
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
What happens when you mix speedrun.com and fangames? Magic.
« on: March 26, 2015, 07:46:27 PM »
Hello everyone,

As always, the fangame community is branching out in multiple ways to create a larger community, and a more informed one at that! With that being said, Jumpyluff had the great idea of adding fangames to speedrun.com, with the approval of pac!

What does this mean for me?

It doesn't mean much directly, however, this puts all of the fangame speedrun times in one place, and a centralized source to boot. Speedrun.com seems to be an up-and-coming site for all speedrun times, regardless of game/platform. Adding fangames to this mix will only strengthen our communication with knowing our own community, and others!

You can find all the fangames Jumpyluff and I have added so far here: www.speedrun.com/iwbtgfg

Of course, you've probably noticed that there is a large number of fangames missing. We're working on it! This is a huge work-in-progress, but will hopefully yield great results. Although I do not want to discount Denferok's list, I believe that submitting times here AND on Den's list would be fantastic.

The main purpose of this thread is to not only inform you of this addition, but to ask you: WHAT ARE WE MISSING? Did we mess up your time on a game that's there? Is your time simply not there? Did we forget a game that you ran and would like a leaderboard for? Did we forget a category? Did we forget to link a video on your name? etc. etc. Let us know here, or on twitch at twitch.tv/tehjman1993 or twitch.tv/jumpyluff. We won't take offense, I promise.

The cool thing about speedrun.com is that if you currently don't have an account, but decide to make one, all of your times that have the same name will be auto-connected to your account. If for whatever reason you make an account but you spelled it differently than how we have it on the leaderboards, let us know here.

Enjoy guys!

-TJ & Jumpyluff

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: What happens when you mix speedrun.com and fangames? Magic.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:13:43 AM »
Just to bump this post -- we're looking for a lot more fangames that are either A.) hard to find times for and/or B.) were not previously recorded on Den's list or some equivalent.

Here is a small list of games that we are looking for that we know people have run:

sunspike
conquer the blow game
conquer the blow game 2
conquer the blow game 3
crysis
go the run
showdown
parallel world
crimson
neon
prism
galaxy
loanwords
challenge 100 trials

There are countless others, but these are the ones that we are actively trying to find. If you have a time/know where times are for ANY of these games, please submit them either here (if the game is not on speedrun.com) or on speedrun.com if the game is currently there.

Thanks!
-TJ&Jumpy&Yoyo

sharkruisher

• Cherry Eater
  • "Balls!" - Ziltoid The Omniscient 2007
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 10:30:19 AM »
Got a 3:11:33.3 on Genki and 1:09:17.7 on Blow game III (I know, those are some amazing times  :kappaEnvy: )

Wolsk

• The Kid
  • Wolsky McKitty :3
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 41.0.2272.96 Chrome 41.0.2272.96
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »
Here's all of my times that aren't on speedrun.com:

I Wanna Be The Neon (12:24)
I Wanna Wanna (0:58.61) WR
I Wanna Sunspike - To Boss (25:47)

Also, Maxinator235 has the "Purple Zone" WR with 14:56.
meow :3

Why are you complaining about being a meme? this is a positive thing

Sudnep

• Global Moderator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 36.0 Firefox 36.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 02:52:38 PM »
I have 1:33:25 time on I wanna be GENKI with you. I know para has a 2  hour~ run of it but I don't know the exact time.