Author Topic: I Wanna be the Test Needle Game v0.1  (Read 2546 times)

kilgour22

• Cherry Eater
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 35.0 Firefox 35.0
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
I Wanna be the Test Needle Game v0.1
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »
Hello!

As the title says, this is a WiP needle game I'm making. The type of needle I make tends to be challenging, and this is no exception! However, I also try to avoid having generic needle (gate followed by diagonal followed by corner followed by another gate, etc.) being tossed around everywhere.

I have a strong aversion to mandatory one-frame/jump cancel jumps, so there will never be a jump forcing the player to do either of those things (2-frame jumps are fair game though).

Here are a couple screenshots:

https://prntscr.com/6bdnyh
https://prntscr.com/6bdoao

As of right now, stage 1 is the only complete stage. You'll know you've reached the end when you're in a screen surrounded by demo blocks. Let me know if you stumble across any bugs.

Please tell me what you think!  :atkHappy:

DL Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/07q3dd1shmxwsbv/Test+Needle+Game.zip
Don't let a spike ruin your day.

SpicyFishesKiller

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.115 Chrome 40.0.2214.115
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna be the Test Needle Game v0.1
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 12:33:19 PM »
Ok I played your game, here's my critic :

- You have to add some sounds. When the player jump, when he shoot, when he die.

-That pink bow doesn't fit well with the white player

-Don't keep floor 6.5 please. Or add more gate jumps.

-The music should be different at every tileset change, and at the title/difficulties screen.

-Imo, you add gimmicks too quickly. That water screen should be 3 water screens.

-And of course, The game is wayyyyyyy too hard. Really, if you do 100 floors, the game would be impossible. Look at crimson needle, It's a good example.

But this game is really interesting, It's a really good needle. Crimson needle ripoff ripoff incoming :4Head:

kilgour22

• Cherry Eater
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 35.0 Firefox 35.0
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna be the Test Needle Game v0.1
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
Ok I played your game, here's my critic :

- You have to add some sounds. When the player jump, when he shoot, when he die.

-That pink bow doesn't fit well with the white player

-Don't keep floor 6.5 please. Or add more gate jumps.

-The music should be different at every tileset change, and at the title/difficulties screen.

-Imo, you add gimmicks too quickly. That water screen should be 3 water screens.

-And of course, The game is wayyyyyyy too hard. Really, if you do 100 floors, the game would be impossible. Look at crimson needle, It's a good example.

But this game is really interesting, It's a really good needle. Crimson needle ripoff ripoff incoming :4Head:

Noted! Thank you for the feedback. I'll boost some of the sounds like jumping and shooting, and the death sound a bit. The reason I had the death sound so low is that it annoys me in games when I die repeatedly.

I'll probably just delete the pink bow.

I wanted to showcase a few of the gimmicks I'll be using throughout the game, which is why they appear in rapid succession. It's not the last time you'll be seeing any of them. :)

I'll put in another song in the first stage.

6.5 was a experiment. I'll toss it :P

As for the difficulty of the game, well... it's supposed to be hard. Sorry  :atkHappy:

Again, thank you for the feedback. It's much appreciated!
Don't let a spike ruin your day.