Author Topic: I wanna challenge 100 trials bug? Alternative wanted  (Read 4528 times)

InvisiblePanda

• Trial Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 35.0 Firefox 35.0
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
I wanna challenge 100 trials bug? Alternative wanted
« on: January 19, 2015, 07:25:31 AM »
Hey guys,

I watched someone (I think his nick was Fate) play an I Wanna game this morning and really wanted to try one. Someone in the stream chat recommended me I Wanna Challenge 100 Trials, so I downloaded it and got to level 81 so far. My problem: I can't play on. For some reason I'm stuck in the air next to the save point, where I shot it. But it wasn't like this from the start, as I remember trying the stage start twice, and on the third reload I got "stuck" there and don't know why. I can still shoot the save and in the other direction, but I can't jump or do anything else.
Is there anything I can do to fix a save in this game or even put me back 1 level (I'd have to do the boss again but that wouldn't be that bad)? It'd suck if I wasted 2.5 hours just like that :/

If not, do you have any alternative suggestion as to what fangame I could try out? Preferably a mostly bug-free one please ;-)

Thanks a lot!

Denferok

• Community Manager
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.99 Chrome 39.0.2171.99
    • View Profile
    • My stream
Re: I wanna challenge 100 trials bug? Alternative wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 08:42:19 AM »
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, please post a screenshot so I can help you out.

InvisiblePanda

• Trial Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't make myself clear, here's a picture: https://imgur.com/C8ReuRg

In the meantime I couldn't resist and played to that part again. In my 2nd save it is working at least! So I can play on. Any help what to do in the above case is still very welcome though :-) as well as suggestions for a 2nd game to play after this, assuming I'll get through this today.

Thanks!

SmokeyCR

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:40:16 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't make myself clear, here's a picture: https://imgur.com/C8ReuRg

In the meantime I couldn't resist and played to that part again. In my 2nd save it is working at least! So I can play on. Any help what to do in the above case is still very welcome though :-) as well as suggestions for a 2nd game to play after this, assuming I'll get through this today.

Thanks!
Stuck in the ceiling '-'
Most annoying bug ever '-'
Few suggestions:
1- Keep pressing the arrow keys and the jump at the same time like crazy for a while (It works sometimes. Well, worked for me once. But it worked, so who knows).
2- Hex Editing
3- Starting over from another save file is always a last option

Since only a bit of your character is stuck, the 1st suggestion might probably work '-'

Anyway, suggestions for a second game:
1 - I wanna Conquer the Blow Game (2 or 3)
2 - I wanna Enjoy the Game (1)
3 - I wanna get the Yellow Star
4 - I wanna be the FC :Kappa:
5 - I wanna be the LoveAE-RYRC

Denferok

• Community Manager
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.99 Chrome 39.0.2171.99
    • View Profile
    • My stream
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 10:05:37 AM »
If you're looking for more games to play I highly recommend you look at my list, link in my signature

InvisiblePanda

• Trial Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 11:33:30 AM »
Thanks for the help guys! One question (that I bet is already answered somewhere, possibly the wiki): is there a central point where I can find download links for fangames? I checked your list @Denferok and decided to give I Wanna Conquer The Blow Game 2 a try, and actually found some download links for 1, 2, and 3, but I got corrupt zips (I believe these were axfc links, where I successfully downloaded 100 trials before). I found another link somewhere, but there I couldn't start the game (Error: couldn't read the game file; could this have something to do with the language? There's what I believe to be Kanji in the exe and folder names).

I'd check the wiki, but it seems to be down atm.

SmokeyCR

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 11:35:39 AM »
Thanks for the help guys! One question (that I bet is already answered somewhere, possibly the wiki): is there a central point where I can find download links for fangames? I checked your list @Denferok and decided to give I Wanna Conquer The Blow Game 2 a try, and actually found some download links for 1, 2, and 3, but I got corrupt zips (I believe these were axfc links, where I successfully downloaded 100 trials before). I found another link somewhere, but there I couldn't start the game (Error: couldn't read the game file; could this have something to do with the language? There's what I believe to be Kanji in the exe and folder names).

I'd check the wiki, but it seems to be down atm.
To play Conquer the Blow 2 or 3, you must remove the kanjis on both, the exe file and the folder. Otherwise, this error will show up.
Also, the wiki is the only central point (Although it doesn't have links to all the fangames, and some of the links are down) I can think of.

InvisiblePanda

• Trial Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 02:26:25 PM »
Ah, great, now it runs. Too bad it crashes after one second of gameplay. Stupid Windows 8 :atkCry: Is there an ETA as to when the Wiki is gonna be up again? I really want to download some games :-) If anyone has an IWBTVenus link handy, I'd be glad, it sounds great!

In any case, thanks very much for the help and tips. I already like it here, and am kinda close to beating my first fangame (95/100 in I Wanna Challenge 100 Trials) :atkHappy: