Fangames > Unfinished / Incomplete

I Wanna Be Gaming! update 12-23-14 "Alpha Build 2" (CANNED PROJECT)

<< < (2/2)

wolfy135:
If I could suggest one thing, is that in the start of the levels, remove a lot of the area that has no use, like the ride to the crash, it is just too long and got boring. Now, I didn't play with music so I can't make a note on that, but there is just so much dead space with no use, and bores some people from continuing on.

TheGamerGuy500:

--- Quote from: wolfy135 on July 01, 2014, 03:58:56 PM ---If I could suggest one thing, is that in the start of the levels, remove a lot of the area that has no use, like the ride to the crash, it is just too long and got boring. Now, I didn't play with music so I can't make a note on that, but there is just so much dead space with no use, and bores some people from continuing on.

--- End quote ---
I see. Yeah now that I think about it the empty space could use some stuff to fill it up.
I'll attempt to rework the first parts.
Also the music selection is unlike any other fangame using music ranging from Bucky O'Hare to Megaman Sprite Game.
I'm adding a level select for debugging, so you can get past the laggy underwater area, just jump to the left in the first intro level.
The bosses are kinda makeshift for until the fangame tutorial post adds the section on boss movement.
I look forward to feedback on what needs to stay and what needs to go.

wolfy135:

--- Quote from: TheGamerGuy500 on July 01, 2014, 06:02:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: wolfy135 on July 01, 2014, 03:58:56 PM ---If I could suggest one thing, is that in the start of the levels, remove a lot of the area that has no use, like the ride to the crash, it is just too long and got boring. Now, I didn't play with music so I can't make a note on that, but there is just so much dead space with no use, and bores some people from continuing on.

--- End quote ---
I see. Yeah now that I think about it the empty space could use some stuff to fill it up.
Also the music selection is unlike any other fangame using music ranging from Bucky O'Hare to Megaman Sprite Game.
I'm adding a level select for debugging, so you can get past the laggy underwater area, just jump to the left in the first intro level.
The bosses are kinda makeshift for until the fangame tutorial post adds the section on boss movement.

--- End quote ---

If I am correct, for boss movement, I know some people use paths, but I think there is a way better way to do movement on bosses. I will try the new update and see how the rest of the game is.

TheGamerGuy500:

--- Quote from: wolfy135 on July 02, 2014, 07:42:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheGamerGuy500 on July 01, 2014, 06:02:10 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

If I am correct, for boss movement, I know some people use paths, but I think there is a way better way to do movement on bosses. I will try the new update and see how the rest of the game is.

--- End quote ---
I'll take a look at the code for the built in test boss and see what I can do.

EDIT: So for right now the bosses are mostly just bouncing heads because I tried using timelines twice with no success. Paths are mostly working.
It's been 4 months, holy jesus. I've been working on this thing ever since last release. Hope my next reply doesn't count as a necropost. (Looked it up, it'd be only necroposting if it's irrelevant)

TheGamerGuy500:
After over 5 months the game has finally received an update so this topic can be alive again (right?)
Hope this isn't a 'necropost' as it is relevant to the topic (my game)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version