Fangames > Unfinished / Incomplete

I Wanna Be Gaming! update 12-23-14 "Alpha Build 2" (CANNED PROJECT)

(1/2) > >>

TheGamerGuy500:
PROJECT CANNED DUE TO MASSIVE FAILURE.
I got a bit bored in game maker and then I decided to begin making an actual game with the knowledge that I have obtained.
This is a prototype, just to see what needs to stay and what needs to go. There will be more to come soon.
I would like to see what everyone thinks so far of the game, some of the levels might look bad but I'll rework on those later.
Also it's designed more on introducing new players to the mechanics of Fangames for the first parts.
So without further ado, I'll just link up the game. It's sorta complete, has an ending but it is still a WIP, so here you go.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnobrfhf56c53l1/I%20Wanna%20Be%20Gaming%21%20PA2.zip?dl=0
The game is mostly about concepts and ideas that I have had over the years but some are gonna be hard to implement, so this isn't a real serious game just yet (ahem escape sequence)
SCREENIES!
(click to show/hide)

Reminder: It IS a prototype and there will be fixes to certain aspects in here later, along with fixes and such based on your comments. I'll have this topic open and reloading regularly to see new feedback. I've got a lot of time on my hands to make this the best damn game I've ever made.
CHANGELOG!
(click to show/hide)0.0.5: Started MAKING a changelog
fixed the bug with the warp after you beat the final boss
fixed how many times it says to hit the final boss, it said 35, actually 100, without invincibility frames
fixed the BG in Death School Zone
changes to Meloetta's sprites
other minor stuff
0.0.8: at least one change has been made to almost EVERY room
changed title screen
a bunch of other stuff
PA1: Major overhauls and recreation made
released like 2 weeks after it was actually made
added partners system (hold enter and press respective arrow key to select partner)
added many new levels and got rid of some old ones
no more walking for freakin 5 minutes to get to a destination
many other things
PA2: Pushing the possibly last version out
added MOTV to the title screen indicating that if The Wannabes still hate it this game will officially be dead.
fixed HPZ screen wrap death (possibly?)
added more medium blocks
fixed the README
many other last-minute changes

wolfy135:
I spent about 10 mins playing this game before I was lagged really bad in the water exploration screen.
Honestly, this whole game seems like a big train-wreck. It seems that nothing is in that much of an order, and some of the levels just seem really long and have nothing good to do in them, except walk left, right and maybe jump. There seems to be no challenge involved, but maybe I didn't get that far.
Some of the tile sets look nice, but this seems far from an enjoyable game. Everything just seems placed there, and has no good level design.
I don't wanna offend you, but this really isn't that good of a game. I want to see somewhat of a challenge within the start of the game, even if it isn't that hard. It is quite a boring game to start, and not many people will want to continue on.
In a nutshell, the game is all over, and needs some kind of  sense of what it wants to be. I know it is a prototype, but I will come back and visit it when it has more to offer, and in a higher completion stage.
Sorry if I offended you, I am just giving back my criticism to try to make this a better game, because I can see that you have possible potential to make something good.
-Wolfy

TheGamerGuy500:
I completely understand, and I know there's much to fix and recreate, put some spitshine on, and make better. I was lacking in creativity during the creation of the first levels and rooms and got a little bit better as I went, the later levels show this.
I've got until the end of the summer to get this stuff all intact.

Derpyhoovesiwbtg:
whats with all the Everybody Edits stuff?  :atkWut:

TheGamerGuy500:

--- Quote from: Derpyhoovesiwbtg on July 01, 2014, 06:33:39 AM ---whats with all the Everybody Edits stuff?  :atkWut:

--- End quote ---
XD... everybody edits has such a massive tileset everything is possible.
I think they won't mind if I "borrow" some tiles, I'm not making profit offa this lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version