Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - 3-headed monkey

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Game Design / Re: RNG in avoidance. Doing it RIGHT.
« on: February 07, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
damn Gauss, it's not enough to make my life a misery in my maths degree, now he's going to persecute me with delicious fruit as well.

The page looks great, the things that have helped me most though are the align guides, do you think it would be worth including these somewhere?

Zurai's strat guide (https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1202.0),

thebmxbandit's align guide (https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1342)

and Kinata's Pixel Techniques videos (httpss://www.you......tube.com/channel/UCp0caWk9pHK5qN_CfoEPLdw)

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Fangames stopped working on my pc, help plz
« on: December 19, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
the first thing you should do is test your hard drive with Seatools or something, and make sure you have backup.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: December 19, 2015, 06:08:10 PM »
that's good, switching from shift to R constantly is definitely not good for the old limbs.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: December 18, 2015, 10:37:21 PM »
pain in my left lower arm... Guess I'm making good progress towards my eventual carpal tunnel syndrome  :Kappa:
(click to show/hide)

you could try remapping the R key to caps lock, it works a lot better for me

Tools & Software / Re: Twitch Title Helper
« on: December 13, 2015, 11:53:51 AM »
this is a great idea and I hope it catches on with the streamers, I usually want to know what game it is and don't want to break concentration etc.

Game Design / Re: Feedback on horrible jump please
« on: December 06, 2015, 02:10:18 PM »
idk you could just take it as a compliment...

Video Discussion / Re: Which type are you?
« on: November 29, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »
I tried to figure them out myself before watching other people do them, so I was risky at first (or a risky little bitch, apparently) and then watched people doing them the classic way and realised yeah, that's much easier :)  It's surprising how many ways of doing them there are.

I did my first double diamond the other day and we were discussing ways of doing them in Igzi's channel, so it would be cool if you could do a video for those. I did mine by being miles away from the first spike, like 1 or 2 frames right of the align one block away to the left, but apparently there are quite a few other ways, some of which are probably easier, and sometimes you are restricted in what method you can use so it would be good to see those if you have the time.  Thanks

The Lounge / Re: (Fan)Game of the Year Award???
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:10:01 PM »
fair enough, it might be fun to have a few joke awards but I agree that it is unfair to give game makers any impression that their efforts are not appreciated.

« on: November 20, 2015, 01:11:43 PM »
some more ideas for awards:

Best graphics
Best music
Most annoying gimmick
Most blatant ripoff
Most indimidating ridiculously hard looking needle aids screen

General Games / Re: My hill
« on: November 19, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

My hill.

You'd be amazed how often that works

« on: November 18, 2015, 09:42:02 PM »
It would be cool if there was an award for different categories, eg:

Best game
Best needle game
Best avoidance
Best adventure
Best troll
Best boss
Best 100F

Hopefully it would help people find a lot of good new games.

Meet and Greet! / Re: new guy!
« on: October 29, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »
Hi mate welcome, I'm curious, how did you manage to resist for 18 months?!  What made you want to finally start playing fangames, and how are you liking them so far?

Game Design / Re: Automatic R to Restart?
« on: October 25, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »
so now i have Caps lock for R and \ for Z, works great, happy days.

Game Design / Re: Automatic R to Restart?
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »
thanks man, will give it a try.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4