Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Joni

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Maybe we should eventually create a "Ask questions about jumps here"-thread, if it doesnt exist already? Or rename this one?  :kalCultured:

Video Discussion / Re: I wanna be the Last TIS CLEAR!!! - Aprils Fools
« on: April 02, 2015, 08:06:18 AM »
Yatta, Yatta !

Congratulations.

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The Rex - Early Alpha
« on: March 31, 2015, 04:47:10 AM »
I'm looking for feedback on what I've made so far so I can correct them and avoid the same mistakes going forward. A list of things that you did or did not like would be much more helpful then telling me to stop making this game and get better at making games by making a different game first.
How would that be more helpful? Because you are already 100% committed to the idea of producing this game?
Look at it this way: By the point that you have finished 80% of the game, your gamemaking skills will have improved significantly and you will have to redo the first 40% because they are way below what you can produce by that point. This hermeneutic cycle of learning happens to everyone but the better you become, the less significant the increase in gamemaking skill is going to be, so that you will only apply minor changes to earlier stages, because relatively you have improved little.

So you can obv start working on this game right away, but most probably will redo every single screen you create in the beginning either way (after improving a lot, you yourself will not want them to be part of your game, let alone the beginning part, since it arguably is the most important part), which means this work will just go to waste. Or you heed Piece's advice and start a different project to hone your skills, that while not being up to your standards anymore after you are done, will at least not just "go to waste", as you can keep it, since it will not be a part in a big game that is of lower quality.

That's just my 2 cents though, obviously you can do whatever you want.

General Games / Re: Describe the person above you
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:29:52 PM »
a guy that really doesnt want to get cultured

Video Games / Re: Most addicting game
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:50:55 PM »
Not quite what this thread is about, but this is my favourite flashgame, that I enjoyed a lot. I like games that basically follow a very limited set or rules and are still quite hard/make you think, hence z-rox is a brilliant game, as it literally is a very one-dimensional game:

https://www.kongregate.com/games/evildog/z-rox

If you get stuck, dont google answers. Drawing helps a lot and finally figuring it out after staring at it for a long time is so rewarding.

Video Discussion / Re: I wanna be the Boshy 2 : World Record [20:27]
« on: March 22, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »
Congrats, I think you can improve on the first save a bit, so Im looking forward to seeing your attempts. :Kappa:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: March 19, 2015, 07:41:09 AM »

Soooooo gooooooooood :O

( ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ψ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ᴗ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ψ)

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be Minimal (second game)
« on: December 05, 2014, 03:50:32 AM »
Made it past the first 11 screens, and must say this is one chill-ass game. The music, the ambiance, the symmetry, real top-notch, good chap. Though I'm very much a scrub at needle games, the design makes failure a bit more refreshing. Speaking of, each time I die I feel like grabbing myself a soda. I propose a Soda Challenge: each time you die, take a sip of your favorite carbonated beverage. Bonus points if it's a Fanta :D
Bonus points if it's a beer. :Kappa:

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi people
« on: December 01, 2014, 03:12:19 PM »
Hello, hello ! :D

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi everyone :3
« on: November 25, 2014, 01:43:40 PM »
Welcome ! :)

Tools & Software / Re: External Deathcounter for streamers
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:25:15 AM »
I think what Mike wants is, to have the option to 'split' the deaths, i.e. on button press save the current death count, the same way livesplit saves the current time when the split button is hit. That way it would be possible during speedruns to see what was the deathcount at the split.

I find your idea of creating a counter in gamemaker to read the saves hilarious btw. I dont think I would have come up with this solution, hahaha.

« on: November 25, 2014, 03:57:43 AM »
Oh wow, then I guess I just never noticed until now, lol.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: November 25, 2014, 03:39:32 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Can only recommend minimal. Was a lot of fun. :)

« on: November 24, 2014, 01:52:56 PM »
Im playing through this right now and have experienced a strange sensation:
Sometimes when I die holding left, then let go of left and restart, the kid will have moved one frame to the left. This even happens when I let go of left like 0.3 seconds before pressing r. I tested this quite a bit and was able to recreate it easily.

Aside from that the game is awesome, I played it til 2nd boss so far und will continue tomorrow most prob. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3