Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - GalacticHooloovoo

Pages: [1]
Programming Questions / GM Lite Logo Removal(?)
« on: February 06, 2016, 09:44:35 PM »
Hello all!

I have been recently trying to create a few not-joke fangames, and I realized that I could not find any way to "remove" the GM lite logo (by methods of downloading other programs, such as GM:Studio, which doesn't work on my computer for some reason). However, i realized that there are a crap ton of fangames (even bad ones) where I doubt the creators were willing to buy GM Standard, and it doesn't have the GM:Studio starting screen.

So, how are a lot of people able to create fangames without the stupid logo?

Thanks!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Good Avoidance Games? (beginner-intermediate)
« on: November 23, 2015, 10:09:45 PM »
Alright, thanks!

Gameplay & Discussion / Good Avoidance Games? (beginner-intermediate)
« on: November 23, 2015, 07:26:55 PM »
Hello!

I'm pretty bad at avoidances.

I'm even worse at finding ones that aren't stupidly difficult.

Do you have any recommendations for fangames that would improve my ability to play avoidance games?

Thanks!

For comparison, I've gotten really close to beating Touch The Entrance (final attack).

(Yes I know this is kind of a stupid question as difficulty is relative but whatever)

The Lounge / Re: Level Design Experiment
« on: October 21, 2015, 11:09:18 PM »
Because of what everyone has been posting, I changed the screen to be more open-ended. I also changed the rules, so be sure to check those out if you plan on making a level!

Thanks for your suggestions!

The Lounge / Re: Level Design Experiment
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »
I feel that it would just be easier and faster to do this, but I guess that I could include the map.

The Lounge / Level Design Experiment
« on: October 20, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »
Hello!

I recently had an idea:
What would happen if different fangame players created a screen using an outline?

So I'm going to try it out.

Here is the outline:
postimg.org/image/p35ci7rvd/
(sorry, for some reason I couldn't get the image to work (probably just me being stupid))

Basically, use whatever you want to create the level. However, I have to set up some rules and other stuff:
1. Do not remove any blocks that are already there.
2. Use whatever you like to create it, whether it be GameMaker or RMJ (or something else).
3. The red death block represents a portal.
4. If your level has triggers, please indicate them (or just make a needle :OneHand:)
5. You may add blocks.
6. You may choose the start location, I just thought it would be easy for me where it is.

Please post your screens so everyone can see them!

Here is mine:
postimg.org/image/8tf6fbh7d/

Thanks for your time!  :tenKapple:

EDIT: Here is a link for the map download (for RMJ):
mediafire.com/download/o954w99d5xa1d4y/Finished.map

Programming Questions / Making Portals Unusable After Defeating The Area
« on: September 06, 2015, 02:03:01 PM »
Hello!

I've been trying to make it so that there are multiple selectable areas which can be chosen at the player's decision, and once the area is defeated, having the player be returned back to the screen with the multiple portals, and having the area be unable to be returned to. Also, I would like it so that once all of the portals are defeated, another portal appears that wasn't there before. As someone with little GameMaker experience, I cannot figure it out.

Can someone help me with how to do this?

Thanks!

Also, I am using the Yuuutu engine.

Programming Questions / Making Title Screen Show Stats For Saves?
« on: July 10, 2015, 12:55:38 PM »
Hello!

I've been trying to make fangames for a couple weeks now, but I cannot figure out how to make the title screen show the stats (such as death count and time) under the save file, like a lot of other fangames do.

If anyone's wondering, yes I am a noob when it comes to programming, so please don't be mean to me!  :denRin:

Thanks!

Game Design / Re: Tutorial: Getting Started With Fangame Development
« on: July 04, 2015, 03:42:54 PM »
Oh! Also, I am unsure on something dealing with triggers. I know how to make it so that a spike will rise/fall, but I cannot figure out how to make it stop where I want it to. Can anyone help with this?
Thanks! (again)

« on: July 03, 2015, 10:25:41 AM »
Found it! Thanks Anon70000! :tenKapple:

« on: July 02, 2015, 09:51:34 PM »
Hello! First of all I'd like to thank you for this tutorial! It has been very helpful! However, I encountered a problem whilst playtesting. When I turn the music off, I am able to pass through the spikes without dying. Do you know how to fix this?
Thanks!

Pages: [1]