Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Daikyi

Pages: [1]
Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The StepMan
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:15:14 PM »
Yeah, I was kinda designing the levels more with the fact that people completely new to iwbtg (like, others in the ffr community), but I think I'm going to nix that.  That being said, some of the save stuff is intentional still, with the above fact in mind, although I'll definitely reconfirm that you can't break the game like that

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The StepMan
« on: May 31, 2015, 04:12:40 PM »
the titlecards are more for the other community than anything else; since the levels are based on in game songs and such.

i'm definitely using my own tileset, i'm not sticking w/ the base tileset that was given

i'll be fixing the death sound too, and I guess I can just ramp up the difficulty from the beginning without worrying too much?

thanks for the feedback though

edit - most likely i'm going to throw the curve (more or less) out the window, and have actual jumps that you'd normally see in fangames and w/e

Unfinished / Incomplete / I Wanna Be The StepMan
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:58:23 PM »
Hey, this is my first attempt at making a fangame, inspired by IWKTK3 and the other community that i'm from.

basis - you generic 100 room fare, based off of songs from another game i'm involved with. (IWBTEngine Seph Edition base)
difficulties from 1-100, with 1 being "literally can't fail", and 100 being ??? (i'm not sure how hard this is actually going to be, wanted to get some opinions on the 15~ rooms and the difficulty progression)

Current status - feeling out game maker/designing
- I've coded in a banner system pretty much like IWKTK3's banner system
- threw together custom death sound + restart sound, added in some music

couple things to note
- much of the looks of the game are not going to remain that way - I'm working with a friend who can make the levels not look like the blocky poop that they currently are (he's the one who did the banners for the first 10 levels)
- title screen and select will be revamped to look good (lol)
- there are 3 warps that you can't get to, which are secret levels based on the unlock system in the other game, so disregard those for now (?)
- in the level with a ton of apples all over the place and no blocks (11) is inf. jumps
- there's currently a debug feature, which is simply, click anywhere inthe level to be teleported there

In conclusion, I know I'm completely new to gamemaker/designing levels, but I know how to program, do sound, and do graphics (with some help) half decently well.  Again, with the current difficulty progression, do you think it's going maybe too slow, or too fast for a 100 room game?  Also to keep in mind, this is also very much going to another community that (mostly) has little experience with IWBTG fangames, which is why these first 15 levels are stupidly easy for now, and are just introducing different mechanics and stuff.  (some of the difficulty/design stems from inside joke stuff in the ffr community)

Also, if there's any other comments/advice there is to offer, that would be appreciated as well, thanks so much!

p.s. a full run of all the current levels should take like <10 minutes, and very little deaths

couple screenshots (very low aesthetic, again)
(click to show/hide)

download link
https://www.mediafire.com/download/bb1fvf4e5pqolqc/IWBTSM.rar

thanks again in advance!

Pages: [1]