Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - SparkleDon

Pages: [1]
Would you be altering the boss hp? Or would he be staying at 500 with these modes implemented in?

If it's 100 hp per mode, it could be alright. Though, my only concern with type A / B is that they're pretty similar, might make the player feel like they're repeating the same phase. Maybe have...

Type A do 1 damage with no frames. (100 shots to break the phase.)
Type B could be 2 damage with .1 invincibility. (50 shots to break the phase.)
Type C could be 5 damage with .2 invincibility.  (20 shots to break the phase.)
Then type D with 10 damage and .5 invincibility. (10 shots to finish the battle.)

400 HP in total, 100 per phase. With the idea of increasing the players damage with just a short hindrance, it'd maybe make the fight not take as long, while still taking some doing, and it'd make the player feel like they're gaining ground, maybe pushing the boss in to more of a desperation as the phases continue.

If you'd be changing how the bosses attacks progress each phase, try to avoid too much clutter with cross ups. It's alright if there's a lot going on, but RNG has a bad habit of crossing attacks in ways that make it literally impossible to dodge them.

This idea you've got already sounds quite a bit better though. I'll keep my eye here if I have any more thoughts, or if you have more you want to pitch for ideas.

Observing your boss during a stream. The thing just has way too much HP. I can see what you were trying to do, but it's honestly just too much. I think your boss would be much better off having 100 hp split up in to 25 hp phases. You can set it up to be just as epic while avoiding the tedium. I understand if you don't want to bother, but as I see it now, no one's going to want to bother fighting this boss, which is a shame to get that far and then just to see that and be put off from the game. It might not be worth it for you, but why not give it a redesign? I think you could make this work much better than it is now.

25 HP per phase, after 25 damage give it some invincibility frames so it can get some attacks off every phase if the player is wasping, but try to avoid making it invincible for too long in case a legit player is going at it. Give it enough time to get off one or two attacks and re-open it to damage. If you're playing legit, it'll still take some doing to kill it, but it won't be horribly repetitive / drawn out.

That's the best advice I can give I suppose, if you decide to pursue it, I hope it works out for you.

Pages: [1]