Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Adamcake

Pages: [1]
Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »
I made an account just to post here :denKamilia_v2: I'd like to chip in my thoughts as a viewer.

Autohosting would be cool and useful to me personally, I don't watch many people who aren't on the wannabes these days, so I can't see a downside to it. I'm not so sure about making it a requirement though. Some people may want not to (for various reasons) and it doesn't sound very fair to force it upon them if they want to be part of the team. You could strongly encourage it, sure, and you could ask people who don't enable autohosting to see if they have a valid reason for not doing so? But that's quite different.

I talked to Den about this and he felt that enforcing autohosting would do away with any sort of "if he's not doing it I'm not doing it either" arguments. Personally, I don't think that's the right way of dealing with that kind of thing. If there is such bad blood between wannabes then that should be managed maturely by the group leader, including kicking people out if it's felt necessary. You can't force people to like each other. In fact if there are any problems between people, this will most likely bring them to the surface so that they can be dealt with.

Moving on to the other requirements which I had a few comments on:
- Removing inactive members is a good idea as long as it's done on a case-by-case basis rather than a hard and fast principle, for the same reason TJ said.
- Increase the requirements - talked to Den, he said this only referred to people's status in the community. I hope this doesn't mean a viewer/follower count though, but I do agree people should be very well known to be part of the group. This and the previous point will make it quite a nice group for streamer and viewer alike, hopefully.
- Require the streamer not to have a follower alert - YES, please do this. This is probably the most agreeable point on here, I hope I don't have to explain why. If you don't do this I'll pester you until you do it.

Keep up the good work Den & Wannabes. ( •ᴗ•)

Pages: [1]