Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Lss40

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / Can anyone get good at avoidances?
« on: November 07, 2016, 06:22:04 PM »
I've been playing fangames for something like 15 months now. And of course, over the time I have gotten better at fangames. Other than well... avoidances.

Do you guys think it's possible to get better at avoidances just by playing them a lot? Lately I feel like there is something more to my inability to do them. Despite playing both easy and hard avoidances for many hours (quite regularly too), it feels like I don't get better at them at all. Could it be I am simply physically limited somehow? Bad reflexes, or eyesight? Or maybe I just can't concentrate? What do you think? I still find them fun, and I love watching other people beat them, but this lack of improvement has been frustrating me lately.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Good DotKid fangames?
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:55:12 AM »
Indigo Needle has some dotkid segments, none of which are too hard or obnoxious.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What fangames would you recommend to play?
« on: September 20, 2016, 07:26:53 AM »
It really depends on what genre you want to play. Either way, many of the people who stream (denferok, geezer, sunbla, zurai, paragus...) have either a recommended list or a clear list with ratings. Or you can scout out games that have similar skill rating to those that you liked on deliciousfruit.

Personally, I recommend these games:
I wanna be GENKI with you
I wanna celebrate 100
I wanna Bread
I wanna go to night sky
I wanna stop the MELTDOWN

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna get Cultured 2
« on: September 12, 2016, 05:25:28 AM »
That is a pretty clever use for the effect :atkHappy:  I hope this won't be considered an exploit, I enjoy seeing unusual strats like this in games. Depends on how the devs feel about it though, of course.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *RESULTS*
« on: August 13, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »
Thank you for hosting the contest YoSniper! It was a great inspiration to actually finish a game.
All of the entries looked amazing this year. Each participant definitely put a lot of effort into their game. When I first saw some of the other entries I thought I was screwed for sure!

I am glad people liked my entry. Making the game I kept thinking that maybe making an unusual game like this for a contest might be too risky, but I guess I got lucky :)

Here's a fun fact about the game: The idea for a game about collecting ingredients came from RuneScape quests "Cook's Assistant" and "Recipe for Disaster". I actually wanted to use this idea for a Minecraft adventure map some years ago, but I never finished it.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi !
« on: July 20, 2016, 03:24:54 AM »
Welcome to the forums  :atkHappy:

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016
« on: June 03, 2016, 03:12:07 AM »
I wasn't sure if I was going to join, kind of procrastinated with it to be honest, but I made some very good progress this last week. Pretty sure I can make it in time now. So yeah I will be sending my entry a little bit later.

Video Games / Re: Yume Nikki
« on: May 28, 2016, 01:50:52 PM »
Yes, I am a big fan of the game. I tend to shrug off similar games as pretentious, edgy, etc., but Yume Nikki just doesn't make me think those things. It manages to give me feelings of eeriness and dread without relying on dialogue or jump scares. It's all from the enviroment and music. The fact that the author is M.I.A. and no one has heard from him in years also adds to the atmosphere for me. But it also sucks, because an update would be amazing.

Looks like this will take a while to finish, going to share some things to help me stay motivated

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

User-Made Creations / I wanna plant seeds
« on: December 29, 2015, 09:44:49 PM »
Hello!
This is my first fangame, I started making it in August this year. It's an adventure/trap game, similar to the original IWBTG, with some avoidance bosses. I am quite new to fangames still, so the difficulty reflects that - veterans should be able to beat it without much trouble.
I drew all tiles and sprites other than the intro art, which was drawn by my sister.
If you want to stream it, it would make me very happy if you messaged me/tweeted at me (@Lss40), I'd love to watch people play through it. :atkHappy:

DL Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/ibt96t5vep5195d/I_wanna_plant_seeds.exe

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)

Pages: [1]