Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Cantavanda

Pages: [1]
Game Design / Re: I Wanna Be The Dreamer [Devolopment]
« on: April 01, 2016, 06:32:59 AM »
I have a feeling this guy is a troll.

Game Design / Re: 16:9 resolution
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »
I don't think many people would appreciate the graphical upgrade unless you were to scale up the size of The Kid and the tiles accordingly, since making the game that big with the current sprites would cause everything to feel shrunken, especially those of us who play on fullscreen.
What if I would only make it wider, not any bigger, like 1088x612, would that be a good idea?

Game Design / Re: 16:9 resolution
« on: March 31, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »
The majority of fangames are either 800*600 or 800*608 (and about 1% of fangames use a different window size); this has never changed.
If I make I Wanna Be The Legendary a 720p 16:9 resolution, would that be a good or a bad idea? Would it be revolutionary or dumb?

Game Design / 16:9 resolution
« on: March 30, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
Hello there m'ladies and apples.
I have not played any recent fangame ever, only very old ones, like Tribute, Fangame, Boshy, and so on.
So I have a question.
Are fangames now still in 4:3 resolution (800x600pixels), or are the newer fangames 16:9 resolution? And 720p. (1366x768 resolution)
I'm about to start making my fangame for 360Sniper's contest, thank you!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!

Game Design / Re: Flexible moving platform
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:05:51 PM »
-Snip-
Oh dude, thank you so much!
I haven't logged in since November, so I haven't seen it, sorry!

日本語 / Re: 大きな団子家族
« on: November 23, 2015, 12:05:15 PM »
No. Warned.

Game Design / Re: How should Extra Stages/Screens be implemented?
« on: November 22, 2015, 03:02:57 PM »
Even though not many people will find them, I still love extra or secret rooms/screens.
You could put down small tips, and so a little few more people will find them, not a problem to me.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:28:55 AM »
Hello there, I wen ton this page, and sorted the list by rating, because I wanted to see the highest rated fangames. Only to find that the best ones were all obscure fangames with only ONE rating.
Is it possible to make a kind of search function that will sort the best fangames, but not only with average score, but also how many ratings it has, that way, only ones that have been rated a lot, and still have a good 9+ or 8+ score will appear there. That would be amazing.
Thanks!

-Cantavanda

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Official Fangame Soundtracks Request Thread
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:19:35 AM »
Request: The all-mighty I Wanna be the Boshy
Code: [Select]
httpss://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL845AFB1B669381D5 I don't know what the invidual songs are called, you'll have to figure that out yourself.

Thanks, M'Friendo, greetings from my cat!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Official Fangame Soundtracks Request Thread
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:05:08 AM »
Request: The all-mighty I Wanna be the Boshy

Game Design / Flexible moving platform
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:03:18 AM »
Hello there, since the birth of IWBTG engines, starting with Tijit's engine, I have been very dissapointed by the moving platform code. That complicated weird small unflexible heap of characters.
That one weird code made it's way in EVERY other engine in existence, including the Yuuutu and YoYoYo editions.
I am looking, and even ready to pay for a code, an edit of the player/platform collision code, that is very flexible, so the platform can follow paths, and go in all directions, without any studdering, or clipping, flawlessly.

If you have the skills to program it, and want to discuss it, and want some MONEY, then feel free to reply to this, or PM me.
And if it already exist, could you please post it as a reply?

Thank you!

Off Topic / What's your favourite colour?
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »
What's your favourite colour?

Meet and Greet! / Cantavanda is here
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:36:22 PM »
Hello, I'm here!
The reason why I posted this, is because I didn't want my account deleted in 72 hours.

Pages: [1]