Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - InvisiblePanda

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / Need some tips for this jump (and its name)
« on: May 03, 2015, 02:49:27 AM »
Hey guys,

yesterday I started playing "I wanna be the 3200min" and while everything went kinda smoothly, I came to a point I where I need some advice. It's this jump:

I guess I'll have to grind this one out, but I wonder how to go on about it? What do I even have to do (if I don't do a 1frame jump, that is)? The jump before that was similar, and I managed to do it with bonking first, but I don't know if that's the way to go with this one. Appreciate any tips/tricks, thanks!
Btw, does this jump have a name (in the game, it's filled squares instead of the invert)?

Update: I installed Windows 7 again and there everything works (es expected). But since in the future I may be forced to use Windows 8 or 10, I guess the problem is going to reappear I still welcome any advice  :atkHappy:

Hey guys,

I still suffer from having no working music in very many of the fangames I play on Win8.1. I already posted in this topic, but so far only one seems to have had the same issue and doesn't do so anymore for some reason :) I use the Win8 fangame crashing fix.

Problem:
There are certain kinds of "having no music" for me, most common are these types:
  • There is no music in the stages, but I hear every sound effect (shooting and jumping) correctly
  • There is no music in the stages, but the sound effects work, and in boss stages there is actually music
  • There is no music anywhere, and the sound effects are "suppressed" (for lack of a better word). That is, I hear some crippled shooting sounds, usually no jumping sounds, but rarely, there is a "real" jump or shoot sound effect coming through

Example fangames:
  • I can't speak Loanwords - no music, crippled sound effects
  • I wanna Sheep 100 final - everything works
  • I wanna Kill the Guy - everything works
  • I wanna conquer the blow (any part) - everything works
  • I wanna eat the Rori Girl - no music, but SFX work
  • I wanna Now or Never - no music, but SFX work
  • I wanna be the Venus - no music, but SFX work

Unfortunately, I can't think of an example for type 2 right now, but I'll edit once I find one of those again.

Thoughts and questions:
Do you know what engines are used for those games? I have so far tried out (using GameMaker 8.0 Lite) the following engines and could reproduce the problems in part:
  • IWBTE yuuutu edition ver 2.11 - no music in the sample, but SFX work
  • IWBTE ErunatyanEdition classic Ver.1.00 - everything works fine in the sample
  • IWBTE nekoronEdition ver 1.1.0 - no music, crippled sound effects
  • IWBTE japan2 - no music, but SFX work
So there could be a relation to the engine used to create the above games and I'd like to find out if that's correct.

Also, I tried pressing the "Play" button in GM for the sound files and I couldn't even play them in GM in the three engines without music above. Could this be a codec problem? Does anyone of you know "how" those sound files are added in the actual engines? The difference to ErunatyanEdition seems to be that this one deploys the music files as OGG in a separate folder while in the others they seem to be included in the engine file somehow (I'm a newb at this). When changing the background music for the stages in for instance the japan2 engine to some system sound file, it worked in the game as well!

If anyone could suggest some stuff for me to do or try out, or give me some more examples of fangames where you know the engine used, I'd be glad, as right now I can't play most avoidance games. And in general playing without music sucks!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Music not working??
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:10:33 AM »
Did you find anything that helped you? I have the same problem right now, though I'm on Windows 8.1 (I guess that's the problem, but I really can't do a downgrade due to issues I'd get into with my work. The music works in Boshy, but I have no music in I Wanna Challenge 100 Trials, NANG, and IWBTVenus (I dl'd that one because Denferok wrote in his list that it has calming music; so I hope that these 3 games even HAVE music^^).

Ah, great, now it runs. Too bad it crashes after one second of gameplay. Stupid Windows 8 :atkCry: Is there an ETA as to when the Wiki is gonna be up again? I really want to download some games :-) If anyone has an IWBTVenus link handy, I'd be glad, it sounds great!

In any case, thanks very much for the help and tips. I already like it here, and am kinda close to beating my first fangame (95/100 in I Wanna Challenge 100 Trials) :atkHappy:

Thanks for the help guys! One question (that I bet is already answered somewhere, possibly the wiki): is there a central point where I can find download links for fangames? I checked your list @Denferok and decided to give I Wanna Conquer The Blow Game 2 a try, and actually found some download links for 1, 2, and 3, but I got corrupt zips (I believe these were axfc links, where I successfully downloaded 100 trials before). I found another link somewhere, but there I couldn't start the game (Error: couldn't read the game file; could this have something to do with the language? There's what I believe to be Kanji in the exe and folder names).

I'd check the wiki, but it seems to be down atm.

Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't make myself clear, here's a picture: https://imgur.com/C8ReuRg

In the meantime I couldn't resist and played to that part again. In my 2nd save it is working at least! So I can play on. Any help what to do in the above case is still very welcome though :-) as well as suggestions for a 2nd game to play after this, assuming I'll get through this today.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I watched someone (I think his nick was Fate) play an I Wanna game this morning and really wanted to try one. Someone in the stream chat recommended me I Wanna Challenge 100 Trials, so I downloaded it and got to level 81 so far. My problem: I can't play on. For some reason I'm stuck in the air next to the save point, where I shot it. But it wasn't like this from the start, as I remember trying the stage start twice, and on the third reload I got "stuck" there and don't know why. I can still shoot the save and in the other direction, but I can't jump or do anything else.
Is there anything I can do to fix a save in this game or even put me back 1 level (I'd have to do the boss again but that wouldn't be that bad)? It'd suck if I wasted 2.5 hours just like that :/

If not, do you have any alternative suggestion as to what fangame I could try out? Preferably a mostly bug-free one please ;-)

Thanks a lot!

Pages: [1]