Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - vlhx

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: May 19, 2015, 06:36:37 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I recently got motivation to play this game again and today this happened :FrankerZ:

« on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:17 PM »
pretty solid needle game with some interesting platforming
(click to show/hide)

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Fangame Music
« on: January 19, 2015, 10:42:21 AM »
Rozen Maiden - Bara no Jubai

(click to show/hide)

Programming Questions / Re: Platform Question
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »
I checked back to see if I did that but I actually didn't. I have a background image with a foreground. They appear fully stretched and clean together in game maker but when I test the game they end up looking like this without any motion.
(click to show/hide)

thats weird. im not experienced enough to say what could be wrong with it  :BibleThump: by my logic your background should be scrolling with given values on the first picture, atleast thats how it works for me if i boot up a fresh map and just add those same values in the background tab

you could try it on a new room just to see if you can get it working there, it might help you to figure out whats the actual problem with your current room

Programming Questions / Re: Platform Question
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:25:44 AM »
Oi vey. Thanks cheese. I used hs thinking it would work like the spikes but I'm dumb as usual.  :atkCry:

While I'm at it, how do I get the background to scroll on it's own even if the player is staying still? Like a visual kind of scrolling. These are what I currently have the background set to but it's just motionless.
(click to show/hide)

you probably have a duplicate background in background 1 which is currently blocking background 0 from showing, it should work fine once you have dealt with that

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Restore the Balance v0.5
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:34:51 PM »
dem credits :Kreygasm:

awesome game so far, definitely interested to see how the full game turns out to be

There seems to be some bug with screen transaction, if you move towards the corner of the screen that has two different screen transactions some funky stuff starts to happen

« on: May 27, 2014, 09:39:10 AM »
I finally became the nose hair!  :PogChamp:
This one was my first real avoidance fight I decided to devote my time on, it took kinda long but I still found it pretty enjoyable
(click to show/hide)

Meet and Greet! / Well met!
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »
Long time twitch lurker here that finally decided to post something

Im a 23 year old guy coming from the cold lands of Finland, gaming has been something I have always enjoyed ever since I was a kid

I started my more focused lurking carreer for IWBTG around the release of KTK3 and ever since then I've been slowly getting more into fangames, moving from only watching them into actually playing and developing simple stuff with game maker. So far the most interesting category for me has been needle stuff due the extreme precision plus needing to know how the engine itself operates, this is something I enjoyed too during my Maplestory carreer where i considered myself pretty good at jump quests  :Kappa:

Another noteworthy game I used to play was Everybody Edits, a browser game with very similar elements to fangames in terms of user creativity and such but sadly the community slowly dying over there

Overall I really like the community here due the variety of people on it and I would love to be bigger part of it, but sadly Im lazy when it comes down to actually doing stuff  :ResidentSleeper:

TL;DR: hi

Pages: [1]