Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Cucumberflant

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / New to fangames- Computer doesn't start some?
« on: January 23, 2016, 09:15:39 PM »
Hey all. So I recently started playing a few fangames after watching a bunch of other people play them, and I've got a bit of an issue. Various fangames just don't ever start up on my computer >_> whether they do or not is consistent (I have never had an issue with 3200min starting up, but Genki has yet to start a single time), and I have to restart Windows Explorer each time because it just freezes up afterwards. I thought it was just an issue with "I wanna be GENKI with you", but then I tried "Not another magic tower game" and I'm getting the same lack of game.

I have windows 8 (although I'm set to update to 10 soon-ish), and I read + tried the "stop windows 8 from crashing your games" but it seems to be a different problem from what I've been having anyways.

So, uh, yeah. I've also checked my drivers just because that's a simple computer error thing that can happen, they're all fine... help :( I want to play more games and I'd rather not fish through a list just trying to find one that I both like -and- actually works.

Games that have worked:
3200min
NANG
I wanna see the cherry blossom

Haven't:
I wanna be genki with you
not another magic tower game

Bit of a small sample size, yeah, but I'd really like to play at least one of those two games that are being dumb. And I doubt it's going to go away by itself, so might as well find a solution early >_>

Umm, other stuff that might help... I've never gotten an issue when downloading, everything seems fine right until I try to launch them.

Right, that's all I got. If anybody knows anything, that'd be pretty cool. Ask me if I'm not mentioning something important.

(Also, sorry if I put this in the wrong spot, I looked around the forums a bit and this seemed like the best subforum to post this in.)

Pages: [1]