Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - 128-Up

Pages: [1]
Programming Questions / Bullets and invisible blocks problem
« on: February 19, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »
How do you make it so that bullets can be stopped by invisible blocks (only after they've been touched) and fake blocks (only before they've been touched), as well as the usual regular block object stopping them?

The closest I've gotten is having the fake block part work but not the invisible block part worked (meaning they stop the bullets while still invisible).

User-Made Creations / I Wanna be the 128 v1.1
« on: January 18, 2016, 04:48:54 AM »

I'm using Lemon Engine on GM 8.0 and I want to know how to stop the blood from the Kid dying from landing on invisible blocks that haven't been revealed and going through fake blocks that haven't disappeared.

The Lounge / Blind RMJ Maps - Round 9
« on: October 29, 2015, 06:41:48 PM »
basically I start with providing an RMJ map with a recording of me doing something. What y'all have to do is either try to remake what I originally had or create the craziest map with what I did. I'll judge what the best map is, and the winner can do their own (I'll also post the original one I had)

Please use the convention of "Round 9 - [Username].map" when submitting
I'm sure after 8 rounds of this you get the idea. Have fun, and good luck!

I'll end this round within 2 or 3 days. (Yeah, not exactly the most formal deadline, but eh.)

EDIT:
Round over. Once again, I apologise for the long map. I swear it didn't seem that long to me...
As much as Patrick's simplistic map was a breath of fresh air, I'm giving it to Wolsk (yes, again) because it just had visual impressiveness to it.
As usual, the original map is now an attachment.

Programming Questions / Making a song only play once
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:40:36 AM »
I'm messing around with avoidances, and I want to know how to make it so the background music does not repeat after it's finished.

How do I do this?

Programming Questions / "Pushing" the player?
« on: July 21, 2015, 01:44:19 PM »
I'm using Lemon Engine and trying to create something so that an object pushes the Kid while he's touching it. (Basically a conveyor, but also applied to the air.) I think late rooms in Challenge 100 Trials used this kind of mechanic.

I noticed that it works perfectly... so long as the Kid's not touching the ground. Trying to remedy this with making a conveyor block still doesn't affect the Kid. What's causing the blocks to make the player unaffected by the pushing object?

The Lounge / What makes a guy game a guy game?
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:40:34 PM »
Question's in the title.
I've been thinking about this more than I should.

It can't be that the player character is the Kid because that rules out Boshy and Bread.
It can't be that there has to be traps because that rules out pure needle and pure avoidance.
It can't be that the player character has to be restrained to a certain set of physics because surely that leads to questioning why more than one engine exists.

So what are the hard and fast rules that determine whether something's a fangame?

Gameplay & Discussion / Music issues with fangames
« on: May 19, 2015, 08:24:32 AM »
First of all, I apologise if this is in the wrong board.

Anyway, as per the title, I've noticed some issues with fangame music since moving to Windows 8.1.
Occasionally, the music cuts out and it requires closing and re-opening the game to fix. While not much of a problem, it's still annoying, and I searched the forum beforehand and couldn't find a fix besides "Restart the computer" (which doesn't work, since the problem resurfaces eventually anyway) or "It fixed itself after a few days" (...very helpful(!)).

Anyone know what it is that causing this? The only connection I've noticed is that it only seems to happen with fangames that don't utilise external music.

Programming Questions / Multiple triggers for one instance?
« on: March 08, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »
Is it possible to have, say, one spike be affected by more than one trigger to make something akin to Floor 99 in NANG? I've tried to do it myself, but the objects seem to only consider the trigger conditions written last.

(Engine: Lemon for 8.0)

Programming Questions / Vertical moving platform question
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »
I'm using the Lemon Engine on 8.0 and noticed that if the Kid stands on the moving platform going upwards, when the platform hits a ceiling the Kid is pushed into the ceiling. Some games make it so that the Kid just drops through the platform if that happens. What do I do to make that happen?

Video Discussion / I Wanna Be the Roman v0.622 ~ Super Anime Avoidances
« on: December 01, 2014, 01:29:10 AM »
I may add more if I clear the others, heh. Either way, WOO!  :azoCheer:

Medley 1 (100 Songs - 9.5 Minutes)
(click to show/hide)

Medley 2 (100 Songs - 10 Minutes)
(click to show/hide)

Medley 3 (100 Songs - 11 Minutes)
(click to show/hide)

Medley 4 (150 Songs - 13.5 Minutes)
(click to show/hide)

Note: Not strictly an IWBTG fangame, but I feel it would be appreciated by the members of this forum. If this thread shouldn't be here, do please inform me.

Created primarily by myself, Giest118, and Neo; UpRising: The Mechanical Garden is a simple yet difficult platform game in which you are a small, sentient mushroom trying to save his friends from a mysterious yet familiar-looking being.

Inspired by games such as Jumper, Super Meat Boy, and I Wanna Be The Guy (it wouldn't be posted here otherwise!), there plan to be 200 very short stages (most averaging ~30 seconds) with more to come in the future and over 20 bosses!

Download the latest version of the game (currently v0.526) here!
A new version will be available with every new world completed.

Screenshots in the spoiler below:
(click to show/hide)

Meet and Greet! / Hello there, new forum!
« on: October 18, 2014, 04:35:01 PM »
Let's see... introductions... introductions...

Hi, I'm 128-Up/SpikyShroom/whatever you want to call me. (Most go for "128" or "Up".  :denMiku_v2: )

I'm a rather casual purveyor of IWBT games. I'm interested in them but kinda terrible at them at the same time.
I'm also a developer of a platform game that's not really a Guy game but is apparently close enough to one to be appreciated here. (Might make a thread for it if it's a good idea to do so.  :azoMoko: )

...There's probably more about myself that I should be saying, but that's all I can think of right now.
This seems like a nice place, so I'll see you around!

Pages: [1]