Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - verveplay

Pages: [1] 2 3
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: November 01, 2015, 07:07:13 AM »
MMM progress

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be the Engine KS Edition (For GMStudio)
« on: August 04, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
decently advanced programming

Code: [Select]
if(global.trigger[key]=1){global.trigger[trg]=1;}
This is literally all you need and you're golden.
Thanks piece :D I didn't really look into triggers to figure it out myself, i'm a very lazy guy ;-;

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but...
I found something wrong with saving.
If you save on the floor, you get stuck in it and can't move left or right until you jump.
Not having this problem at all no matter what i do. Do you have the 0.9 version?

« on: August 04, 2015, 05:03:16 AM »
Can you maybe add triggers that trigger only after a certain other trigger has been triggered? It's sometimes usefull for more complicated level design, and it is a decently advanced programming. It's in the old engine.

Edit: maybe implement it into the one trigger there alaredy is? Like if you put in creation code
Code: [Select]
trg = 2
key = 1
it will trigger only after trigger 1 has been triggered, without "key" it would work normally.

« on: July 31, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
Actually, there's still another problem  :atkCry:
EVERYTHING is undefined. I get this error on startup for every single sprite, stage, background, sound, etc.

Error loading:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Tem...\maskBlock.sprite.gmx.
File not present
Did you like move the gmx file out of the folder with the resources? Everything worked fine for me

Programming Questions / Re: "You forgot to put a BGM for that room!"
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:32:23 AM »
It's Background music. Go into Scripts and find the one with the music. Rest is written there. (Also i googled Bgm and the first thing i got was background music)

Programming Questions / Re: Avoidance Battles - Help plz!
« on: June 29, 2015, 07:54:52 AM »
I know i'm kinda late, but WetWookie made an amazing set of scripts allowing you to make shapes from projectiles and move them.
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1704.0

Programming Questions / Re: Problems with creating this shape
« on: June 29, 2015, 07:45:55 AM »
Do that with all the objects that might possibly overlap, the higher depth is,  the further they are from the player (covered by objects with smaller depth)

Off Topic / Re: The Game
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:58:49 AM »
I lost the game.

Dammit Fireball, this was such a good morning until now

Maker Profiles / Re: Kyir's Fangame Emporium
« on: June 28, 2015, 03:17:09 PM »
Go for it. They are all extremely high quality products created with nothing but most intense effort.

Any difficuilty order? Or should i go timeline order?

General Games / Re: Word Association (Let's Try this Again)
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:51:50 PM »
Trolling (that's sometimes funny, right? Rarely)

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:50:16 PM »
Hello
Don't worry Rad, I spammed a lot of questions in the game design thread, and the community doesnt hate me :Kappa:
(Atleast, I think they don't  :atkWut:)

We all hate you :Kappa:

Off Topic / Re: Banned from twitch
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
So as it seems Im not banned anymore as of now. I did not receive any notification, mail or anything as to why I was banned, so I guess I'll be rebanned in a day for doing god knows what.. ><

Well congratulations on solving your problem. The less you have to do the better.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Fangame block at ESA 2015
« on: June 28, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »
From what i remember Kayin saw an online game called Owata, which was a difficult-ish troll game. It was kinda unfinished so Kayin thought he could do better. That's how I Wanna Be The Guy was made in October 2007. In March 2010, I Wanna be the Fangame was made. Don't really know more stuff. Source: IWBTG speedrun on AGDQ (Skype call with Kayin during the run) and the original IWBTFangame site

(click to show/hide)
I need to work on this again ;-;

Really nice to see something new, but i never got into unity. Sometime maybe...

Pages: [1] 2 3