Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - zebbe94

Pages: [1] 2
Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 06:02:55 PM »
Fair enough TJ, I guess discouraging the follower alerts is enough to make those who use it rethink. I personally just have a deep hatred for them and I don't like hosting channels with them. And zebbe, those requirements you listed was basically what I was going for, and there are definitely people who don't live up to those as of right now. Because I basically handle applications on my own, I don't even know if you guys notice when new members are added.

About inactive members, I mostly just mean those who are "dead". If you wanna take a month off streaming, that's fine and you shouldn't feel stressed out about streaming. I don't want anyone to feel forced to stream just because they don't want to be removed. Basically as long as you still "exist" in the community then a removal wouldn't be necessary.

Hmm, I guess maybe I don't know about all newly added members. And thanks for clarifying about inactive members.

Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 05:21:28 PM »
Auto hosting is an interesting thing that is nice for people that want to use it. I don't mind it being encouraged but I am against forcing it on people to be a part of the team, it should be your own choice if you want to use it. On that note, hosting each other is something The Wannabes has always been good at, both for larger and smaller streamers. In the end it's the "end of stream" hosts that really make an impact, and that is something I think we are already excellent at.

On the topic of removing inactive members from the team. It's not something that I'm against but I guess it could be a bit tricky to say exactly what inactive means. Take Geezer as an example, sometimes it can be months between his streams and other times he streams every single day. I know people that used to stream a lot that now only streams occasionally. Some people only stream a few times a month. Personally I haven't really streamed much lately because studying takes a lot of my time, but I do try to stream occasionally if I got time. And I feel kinda the same as what Patrick said, I don't mind being taken off knowing I could get added back whenever I get back into streaming a bit more again.

I dunno about increasing the requirements. I guess it depends if you want the team to be exclusive to the "best" fangame streamers or if you want it to be more open for people that has a decent stream that mainly stream fangames. Personally I would have the requirements be something like:
-Fangames are the main attraction of your stream.
-You have some experience playing fangames.
-You have some experience with streaming.
-You have a decent quality on your stream (as in don't capture your whole desktop with your tiny fangame in the middle, don't have your computer audio played trough your mic and stupid things like that.)
-You have some experience with the fangame community (You know about essential fangame sites like the wiki, delfruit, the forums etc. You interact with the community in some way/s, for example: Watching and chatting in fangame streams, interact on the forums or in the community discord or maybe you made a fangame or something)

Remove members who no longer meet the requirements? I have a hard time seeing how someone could no longer meet the requirements unless they are drastically changed from what they are now. (Other than inactive people.)

I wouldn't say force english broadcast language on your streams but I would say if you cannot speak english then you can't really interact much with our community. As TJ said, I don't mind dual language streams as long as it's possible to interact with the streamer in english.

The follower alert is something that I don't particularly enjoy but I do think that some streamer can make it work ok-ish. I don't think it should be a requirement to be part of the team though, I think you should be able to run your stream as you want.

edit: I see Den clarified some of the things I mentioned while I was writing this. Also for TJ and others that may be wondering about the auto host thing, look here: https://i.imgur.com/kdl51eB.png

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be the Engine KS Edition (For GMStudio)
« on: June 09, 2015, 03:24:10 AM »
So there is a problem I'm having with this, saves won't work after closing the game, even after creating an executable. I dunno if others are having this problem too though.

I've also tried the engine out on the early access (aka beta) version of gms, and in that version the 2 block trick doesn't work. This makes me a bit worried things may break when gamemaker gets updated. :/

Also here are a few suggestions:
  • It would be nice to have a template room like in the Seph engine that you can duplicate (just an empty room with all the right settings)
  • Have a default savepoint that will be there no matter what difficulty you're playing on
  • It would be nice to have a d aligns when in debug mode
  • I also kinda like the idea of having the old gm icon like some others mentioned

Other than that and aligns being messed up this seems really nice :)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 20 20.04.2015 - 26.04.2015
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »
Eternity Glory:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 19 13.04.2015 - 19.04.2015
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:57:55 AM »
I was fun to play trough these games again :)

Average:
(click to show/hide)

See the moon:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 15 16.03.2015 - 22.03.2015
« on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:59 PM »
Parallel World:
(click to show/hide)

Labyrinth:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 14 09.03.2015 - 15.03.2015
« on: March 15, 2015, 09:12:55 AM »
Baton touch !:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 13 02.03.2015 - 08.03.2015
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
Ugh, I completely forgot about posting my picture for the WFC today. :s
I completed it a few days ago and it's on vod, so hopefully it'll still count. :s

Snown:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 12 23.02.2015 - 01.03.2015
« on: March 02, 2015, 01:46:32 PM »
Little runner:
(click to show/hide)

Also I noticed you put a "-" mark on me for "I wanna be the Air" for last week even though I posted a screenshot, would be nice if you could fix that. :P

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 11 16.02.2015 - 22.02.2015
« on: February 23, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
Air:
(click to show/hide)

50map:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 10 09.02.2015 - 15.02.2015
« on: February 16, 2015, 01:58:56 PM »
Deliver a letter:
(click to show/hide)

almost forgot to post the picture ( •ᴗ•)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 9 02.02.2015 - 08.02.2015
« on: February 09, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »
Animus:
(click to show/hide)

Go BANANAS!:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 7 & 8 19.01.2015 - 01.02.2015
« on: February 02, 2015, 01:56:14 PM »
Sink deeper:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 6 12.01.2015 - 18.01.2015
« on: January 19, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »