Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ViTheGhost

Pages: [1]
General Games / Re: Never Ending Sentence
« on: October 18, 2018, 04:26:17 PM »
anyway, here's wonder

Meet and Greet! / Re: Return of an old friend...
« on: July 09, 2018, 02:01:23 PM »
actions speak louder than words. welcome back

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The GMS2 Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: February 04, 2018, 02:14:28 PM »
If you draw the FPS to the screen, what number gets displayed?

For whatever reason it fluctuates between 58-63. Very strange.

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The GMS2 Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:47:56 AM »
Sorry to necro a thread.

For some reason, when I try using this engine, it runs way faster than other fangames. The room speed is 100% set to 50. I've tested it at various other room speeds, 30, 40 and 49. They all function as they should. However, fifty, for whatever reason, is a bit faster. You can see it being demonstrated in this gif

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out, but nothing seems to work. I've tried setting the room_speed through code, setting vsync to true instead of false, and using game_set_speed. I have a sneaking suspicion it's a fault of GameMaker and not Yoyo's engine.

The closest I've gotten to a fix is using
Code: [Select]
game_set_speed(49.9999999,gamespeed_fps) in the Game Start event. But you can probably tell a very slight difference. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, I'll kiss you on the mouth :)

EDIT: The gif really doesn't show it off very well. It's a lot more noticeable when you're playing it. The jumps feel a lot heavier and more precise.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Boss Rush In Fangames
« on: January 23, 2018, 01:28:29 AM »
A lot of fangames have a boss rush. The majority of medley games have a boss rush. Some of the more noteworthy/well-known (for better or for worse) are Kamilia 2/3, Series Z 3, Kill The Shadowlink, and Kill Originality.

Tools & Software / Victoria's Advanced Input Viewer v1.2
« on: November 15, 2017, 05:11:08 PM »
Download link: httpss://www.mediafire.com/file/dg302sgxdbdmaxn/

I've finally made the updated version of my input viewer public!

Features:
  • Keyboard input displayed for standard fangame control scheme
  • Frame counter for both shift keys
  • Multiple layout options
  • Skins with extreme customization!
  • Included source code for you to play around with

Feel free to modify the .gmz however you please, all that I ask is that you adhere to the following:
  • Do not redistribute the .gmz (edited or not) without my permission
  • Share your additions/changes with me! I'll consider putting your tweaks into the official release.

Thanks to Mqpg_, RandomChaos, WaterSalesman and Patrickgh3 for testing, and special thanks to Patrick for helping make adding skins easier!

Screenshots:

Potential future changes/additions:
(click to show/hide)

Details on how to use skins, change layouts, etc are in the readme! (It's very long) Feel free to leave suggestions, bugs, questions, etc.!

edit 18-12-21: fixed download link

Game Design / Re: Why I gave up making Fangames
« on: July 05, 2017, 06:14:55 AM »
Sorry to break it to you, Kye, but the bosses in Kill the Shadowlink are definitely not what you should strive towards making.

This, Shadowlink bosses strive in production value, but they're not amazing bosses from a design perspective.

However, you have to keep in mind that none of those games are their creator's first games. You have to make some shitty games before you can make good ones, that's just how it works. Everyone gets better over time, and if you don't believe me compare Dallas to Ghost Realm and tell me that's not the case.

You have to start somewhere, and to give up on something meant to be fun is unfortunate, so try not to beat yourself up over it. The same applies to any hobby, not just fangames.

Meet and Greet! / Hi
« on: May 20, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »
Hello.

Pages: [1]