Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ciaran

Pages: [1]
Meet and Greet! / Re: Hey everybody!
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:59:11 PM »
Yo o/

Meet and Greet! / Yo
« on: September 29, 2016, 12:11:42 PM »
Hi I'm Ciaran or TC. Either is fine.

What brings me here is that I really enjoy watching fangame streams. I already know 1 or 2 members of the community already so I'd like to hang out more, seems like a great community here.
About me, I'm a controller pleb, I perform better than with a keyboard. I'm currently playing through the infamous Boshy, very casually and am up to world 4. I am keeping record of the run but it's a super casual playthrough, for fun. I also have Find my Destiny and a few others downloaded, ready to go.
I don't play them too often, I prefer watching the streams but every now and again I'll delve in and test my patience.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask, aslong as it's reasonable, of course!

Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 06:21:09 PM »

Here are my thoughts on things.

Follower alerts in general from what I've seen are quite in your face and can cover up a lot of the stream.
This can get particularly annoying during fangames, especially with audio alerts. Something subtle like a "ping" and small piece of text on stream wouldn't be too bad, however an outright ban on them is fair enough. You'll definitely get noticed by chatting in streams, which brings me to my next point.

I feel like if you're going to add someone to the team, have idk, for arguments sake say 3 current team members who know this new applicant and who can say "Yeah I know this user, they seem cool and would be a good addition to the team" because if you're going to join a team, at least be familiar with a few of the members of said team. It'll make breaking the ice with the rest of the team members a lot easier.

As for stream layouts and experience, you want viewers to come back to your stream so stream scenes have to look nice and non-tacky.
Minimal layouts tend to go down well.

Regarding the point on stream experience, I think you should have a mic at least. Camera is totally optional, I've seen streams both benefit from adding one and removing one, it's up to whatever the streamer is most comfortable with.

Having a re-application form for former members is also a good idea. We all need a break, sometimes more extended than others. Sometimes life gets in the way, sometimes they lose their spark but it can always come back.

Pages: [1]