Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Klaty

Pages: [1]
Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The Studio Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:08:33 AM »
I can see that so far (I just finished the first screen and working on the second)

Good luck!  :atkHappy:

General Discussion / Re: To the community: I am sorry
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »
My condolences. I hope you recover from what's happened.  :atkHappy:

« on: June 22, 2016, 12:21:50 PM »
Too late.

Indeed, I'll outbeat all of the popular and polished ones like Boshy and Co-op in a week. :DapperKapper:

« on: June 22, 2016, 12:14:05 PM »
No worries. I used to use FMOD in 8.1 because my tracks would always stutter when looping. In studio everything plays perfectly with the built in engine. The vast majority of fangames just play the music and maybe pitch shift on death. I think most people would consider any other manipulation of the music unusual an therefore interesting. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

But... I said I wasn't promising anything. I don't even know a string of GM.  :atkCry:

« on: June 22, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »
Maybe "hostile" isn't the right word, I'm just butthurt that you won't let me use FMod. :p Well I mean there's nothing physically stopping me, I guess, but there's no point in trying to convince me to stay. What counts as interesting is an opinion.

« on: June 21, 2016, 12:04:59 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the built-in audio engine that comes with GameMaker: Studio. In the past with GameMaker 8.1, people had to use FMOD to decrease loading times, and get more functionally like Pausing and Playing music, now it's all built-in to the default engine.

You can still choose to use FMOD but at this point you'd have to be doing something really interesting with the music to make use of it at this point.

While that may be true, I can never be too sure. I'm not certain if you're trying to say that in a hostile way (proving that there's something bad about FMod) or just not wanting to answer my question on whether it's compatible or not.
I'm having a really hard time believing that the built-in audio engine can manage MIDI, pitch shift, reverse, pass, what more.

« on: June 19, 2016, 07:15:47 AM »
To set what music you want a room to play, change the "scrGetMusic" script. You can also place an objPlayMusic object in the room and set the variable "BGM" in its creation code. If you want something to stop music, use "scrStopMusic()".

I assume I could also use a sound engine like FMod instead, correct? (I'm sorry, I'm still new to this ^-^)

Meet and Greet! / This exists
« on: June 17, 2016, 08:27:14 AM »
Hello. You may recognize my name from the old forums.
I've been informed by the chats of several people who're in The Wannabes that this place has existed for quite some time now. I'm happy to accompany the fun, however feel unsatisfied as I've never heard of this before. I guess I never asked.  :atkCry:
I've also heard some FGM (Female Genitalia Mutilation?) has been going on last week? I'm not sure if I should be interested in that.

Pages: [1]