Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - MLSTRM

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Problem FPS/LAG Windows 10
« on: March 02, 2018, 05:47:22 AM »
So I've been playing fangames on windows 10 for a while, and definitely had some intermittent issues with lag. It was never across the board, but usually effected studio games more. This recently came to a point where I couldn't get Deferok's "I Wanna Explore The Mountains" to run well at all. After some investigation it seems that this may be the cause: httpss://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/game-works-worse-when-standalone-exe.1729/#post-98901
In the end force-updated my graphics drivers fixed the issue I was having with den's game, but it could be a more general thing with studio games for windows 10 on nvidia cards. If you're having issues, I would suggest you try to update your graphics drivers, or if you have an onboard GPU then try to use that as an alternative. If this doesn't work, then it might be that you need to go ask the game's creators if they have this option enabled, and possibly re-compile an alternative .exe

I Wanna Destroy the Maelstrom is an in-development adventure game.
The final game will have 6 stages, each with a secret screen.

Currently one stage is in alpha, with more on the way.
If you wish to be part of the testing, please contact me via PM here, or on twitch/twitter/discord

While I don't really have any screenshots I'm happy about sharing (I want stuff to be visually complete before showing stuff too publicly) you can track my progress and see development screenshots/notes at this onedrive folder:
httpss://1drv.ms/f/s!Av6-GR5e15QYjYc9SeLGQwSp-nsLUg

I've been working on this for a while now, and was holding off posting anything until I had at least something for people to test. While my progress from this point might be more erratic (I'm not likely to focus on a single stage at a time like I have done so far), I'm definitely hoping to give at least semi-regular updates to the game and what's going on.

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna get Cultured 2
« on: September 05, 2016, 02:45:11 PM »
Just a minor thing, the music for the first half of stage 5 gets muted in twitch vods, and if you look at the newgrounds page for the track there's a mention of it happening since may.
While I realise it's not going to be any kind of high priority issue, I figured it was worth mentioning in case you guys weren't aware since I assume streamability is something you consider.

Programming Questions / Re: More Spinning Cherries
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:40:50 PM »
So this is another simple fix, and probably comes from the fact that studio acts differently to gm8/8.1

When in studio you have to set a variable to true or false, whereas in older versions it defaults to false.
The fix would be to do the following:

After "if orbitRadiusMax > orbitRadius { orbitRadiusDec = true }" add "else { orbitRadiusDec = false }"
and
After "if orbitRadiusMax < orbitRadius { orbitRadiusInc = true }" add "else {orbitRadiusInc = false }"

(Apologies I don't know how to do code formatting here and the button seems broken for me)

Programming Questions / Re: More Spinning Cherries
« on: August 21, 2016, 11:12:28 AM »
I'm fairly sure it's an error with the original script. It should be radiusDev not radiusDevdiusDev. The first is called by the script but the second is never mentioned anywhere else.

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Leave the Cube
« on: July 11, 2016, 11:38:25 PM »
Well what started off as an idea for a couple of screens in jtool turned into my first full (but short) fangame.

It's nothing too long, just 6 needle screens with a little bit of a twist included. Should be pretty simple for most experienced players, and not too challenging for anyone without much needle skill (although the save/difficulty balance is a bit uneven).

Any and all feedback is welcome!

EDIT: The game is now up on the main list, you can find it here: https://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=17518

Some images: https://imgur.com/a/7vbFb

Pages: [1]