Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Mr Wonderful

Pages: [1] 2
Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016
« on: February 17, 2016, 03:20:12 PM »
I feel like using a game you've already made (especially from last year's contest - and one that rated highly already at that) is a cop-out.

Sure, if that person adds a whole new stage and a whole new boss, it's 'as much work' as someone who made a one stage and one boss game specifically for this year's contest - but it's naive to think that the judging for the reused game will not talk one ounce of nor be affected by what was already polished and worked on last year, and to me that sounds unfair.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *RESULTS*
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »
Thanks again for hosting the contest! The videos were all great. Looking forward to next year.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *NOW ACCEPTING*
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »
Sending mine via pm in a few minutes.

*Sent

« on: June 30, 2015, 07:39:19 PM »
Alright, thanks  :atkHappy:

« on: June 30, 2015, 06:17:30 PM »
Is deadline tonight or tomorrow night? I'm not 100% certain :s

Tournaments / Re: FGM Wrap-Up/Future Considerations
« on: June 08, 2015, 01:41:39 AM »
Also, I mentioned this before, but I think having a trusted gamemaker (or small group of makers) create a game before the marathon, and have some well known players race it blind on stream would be tons of fun, and I honestly don't think it would be too hard to get organized or find people who are willing.

Tournaments / Re: FGM Wrap-Up/Future Considerations
« on: June 07, 2015, 12:39:01 PM »

Variety of games: A slightly minor issue in FGM, but a good topic to discuss. Some viewers had pointed out a lack of avoidance, while there was heavy emphasis on needle games. While this is true, this ultimately ended up as a scheduling/submission issue. For future events, I encourage the organizers of the event to promote all game types, and to spread them out evenly in the event.
Another idea would be to make "blocks" of games. Like an avoidance block, a needle block, an adventure block. This would make easier for viewers who like specific genres not to miss what they want to watch. I'm not sure this is a good idea, but I figured I'd mention it just in case someone can elaborate on it.

In my opinion, this isn't a good idea. First off, this isn't like gdq, where runners are available at any time. Maybe small blocks of the same genre spread over the entire marathon would work? But I bet it would cause a lot of problems for the organizers to plan everything.
I think big blocks is also a bad idea, except for a different reason: I'm sure a lot of people would tune out for a big block of a genre they don't usually enjoy as much, and just not end up tuning back in for whatever reason. Where as if it's just one or two games before there's another run they want to see, they're more likely to stay and check it out. I feel like having a near-constant variety is better for viewer retention, and for just making things more exciting in general - I mean, how many people really want to watch needle grinds for, say, 6 hours straight. Even if you're into that sort of thing, you know chat will be ResidentSleeper.

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be the Engine KS Edition (For GMStudio)
« on: May 20, 2015, 11:52:55 AM »
600 instead of 608? DansGame

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Kill the Kermit
« on: May 01, 2015, 11:53:43 PM »
Sorry update took longer than expected to finish.

Version 1.5:
httpss://www.dropbox.com/s/h8sl6lmlpc3vtmm/I%20Wanna%20Kill%20the%20Kermit%20v1.5.zip?dl=0

Update notes:
  • Changes to Stage 5, Stage 6, and Extra Stage
  • After you clear final Stage, there is now also a warp in the hub to go to the final boss
  • Unfortunately I could not compress the music without the quality being messed up (I tried), so file is still large :atkCry:

The ideas I had for extra boss did not pan out, so I decided not having an extra boss was better than having a bad extra boss. Sorry for those who may have been looking forward to one.

At this point I am looking forward and working hard on future projects, and hoping this is the last update for Kermit.

Good luck to those looking to finish this game, and thank you for your patience to those who were waiting for the update  :atkWaifu:

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Be the BM
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:52:00 PM »
I was inspired to make a Rukito-styled game.

It is hard.

Good luck.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/t611qkgdyvos7ui/I+Wanna+Be+the+BM.zip

The Lounge / Re: memes
« on: April 09, 2015, 03:01:34 PM »
dude nice

User-Made Creations / I Wanna be the Dapper Dan
« on: March 31, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
I Wanna be the Dapper Dan

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/download/3b6vpcm64rh2yad/I+Wanna+Be+the+Dapper+Dan.zip

Screenshot:
(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: The FGM Suggestion Thread
« on: March 12, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »
It would be nice if some game makers would work on a short collaboration game that people can blind run during the event.

Not sure if people want to spend the time on that though.
I like this idea. Would be willing to help work on a project like this as well.

Tournaments / Re: The FGM Suggestion Thread
« on: March 11, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
For anyone adding to the list: make sure to ctrl+f whatever game you're about to add before you add it, so there aren't duplicates all over the place.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *READY SET GO!*
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:08:09 PM »
I'll participate again this year. I promise not to make it needle this time.  :atkWaifu:

Pages: [1] 2