Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RedSalamando

Pages: [1]
Programming Questions / Re: Growing and Shrinking Object
« on: September 07, 2016, 11:44:28 AM »
Thanks guys, this is what I was looking for.

Quick question on the topic: Now if I want an object to grow into infinity, would I just remove the cap from the code entirely, or as a more simpler method just make the cap absurd and just roll with it?

Programming Questions / Growing and Shrinking Object
« on: September 07, 2016, 10:47:52 AM »
Kind of a dumb question, but I really can't find it anywhere. Most I can find is sprite resizing. Its probably somewhere, but I've been searching using the wrong words.

I'm needing an object, say a fruit, to grow, or optionally to shrink when it caps at a certain size.
Something along the idea of: "starts off 75% scale (or 100%), grows every step until it hits a cap of 125%, then every step it starts to shrink until 75% is hit again, and repeats".

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Be Red
« on: August 16, 2014, 08:36:27 AM »
After following this community for quite a while now (about a year), and seeing a load of "I can do better than that" games, I decided to make my own to see what I was capable of.

The outcome was I Wanna Be Red.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/hymtata2l1tiv7i/I_Wanna_Be_Red.zip

For a first Fangame, and after seeing a lot of peoples reactions, I thought I did pretty good, aside from a few unintended F-ups.

For my assumptions below, I first watched Paragusrants run through of it on a past Twitch broadcast (unfortunately I wasn't able to see it live).

What I know to work on:
- File Size
        Yes, I got a lot of complaints about file size, and most of them were assumptions about WAV files for the music. Yep, they were indeed WAV's. I wasnt aware that they took up so much space. Easy fix.

- Specifics
        The Pokeball that you shoot near the end. Wasn't very clear what you had to do to trigger it. If I could go back I would have placed a little "Shoot! -->" prompt next to it.

- Sound
        Some sound kind of fluctuated to me, being too loud or a bit too quiet, but still able to be heard. Easy fix too.

- Bosses
        My boss is simple, yeah. With more game making comes experience in these things. I can try to be more creative with my limited "shoot apple at player" and "apple-explosion" gimmicks.

What I did right:

- The Trolls
      Watching Para play it and fall for every trap the way I intended anyone to, was glorious. From the beginning of the game with the gate jump "shortcut" to the shooting the fish in the cave, I was in tears watching someone play it.

- To me: Tilesets
      You understood that the 2nd stage was meant to be Battleblock Theater, right? I mean, if you've played BBT. Also, the Pokemon stage was an experiment with a premade tileset.

Post your opinions on how I did, I'd like some feedback on what else to work on.

Programming Questions / Re: The simplest of Triggers
« on: July 13, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »
Thanks! I've got it down now!

Programming Questions / The simplest of Triggers
« on: July 13, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »
I just got into fan-game making yesterday, using Klazens well made guide on how to start, Ive gotton the hang of things, but theres just one thing I'm not understanding. And its probably the most vital of a fan-game.

I'd like to know how to make a trigger that destroys itself (you know, so the action cant happen again), and makes an object move in from somewhere, or say move a spike upwards until a certain position is reached (like hitting another invisible trigger to stop it from continuing).

I've read the guide a couple of times attempting to figure it out, but its all gibberish to me.

Pages: [1]