Author Topic: Kamilia 2 Final Boss Strat Thread  (Read 1403 times)

BaronBlade

• Spike Dodger
  • bees?
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 50.0.2661.102 Chrome 50.0.2661.102
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Kamilia 2 Final Boss Strat Thread
« on: June 04, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »
I've started seriously grinding the final boss in Kamilia 2, and I've decided to make a thread for my strats (which are probably standard) to see if anyone has advice or alternative strats to work with. This could go ignored, but I think it'd be useful to have a written guide for this boss.

Start: It's pattern, so just learn how to do it. I use the left platform, but the left corner also works. You have to be on the left platform once the pattern ends, though, so keep that in mind. After the pattern, Kamilia fires off columns; stay just to the right of the wall to avoid getting hit by the bad hitboxes. When she fires the tracking bullets, quickly double jump over the first one and fall down. Stay still for the following attack. Finally, she rains down RNG bombs. She will fire two pillars around you twice, so you need to read carefully, quickly, and in a wide radius, as the bombs have a surprisingly wide angle range. The bottom left corner and just to the right of the platform are safe from the final wave of columns.

Yellow: The ideal starting attack. Dupe the gray apple (if this isn't the starting attack, you can dupe it by jumping to the left, then falling to the right), then run to the right, making sure you don't run into the first ring of shurikens. They're pattern, so you can just run right after that. Stop just to the right of Sticky Keys, then run left as soon as you can. Don't jump, and stop a bit before the wall to get through the spike rings. Check Denferok's video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaDKvXVxRLQ) for clarification. This is the only attack without RNG.

Red: This starts off referencing Beezlebub's attack as well as the Big Kid Head. It's best to choose one safespot to work from, although you also need to be wary that the RNG might force you to juke into another one. The  best is the one just to the left of center. I believe that the advantage of this over the center is that the right Kid's bullets are more spread out, so you can focus a bit more on the left Kid. The RNG can be frustrating, but is mostly manageable. Make sure to wait for the last set of rings to fire before jumping to avoid the lava. Then, bats happen. This is the bad part of the attack, as the bats, just as in Geezer, start at random times and stay active for a random amount of time. Generally, the best strat is to go to the right, watching the right Kid head's bullets, and jump over.

Purple: To start, stay in the lower left, dodging the Viridian stars and Influka bullets as they come. Get to the platform as soon as you can after the Viridian bullets go away. From the middle of the left block, jump over a bullet that's about 2-2.5 blocks above the platform, barely dodging the pillar, and jump over the remaining bullets. Read the pattern from the middle and slowly edge left at the purple apples. From here, it's just barrage. Stay somewhat toward the center, as a transition to green will be fatal from the corner. This barrage is surprisingly tough to dodge in many cases, so you really need to look far ahead to make sure something that looks safe doesn't get plugged up before it reaches you. The small green bullets are especially annoying.

Green: This is the hardest to learn in my opinion. It starts with green orbs, then Biollante pops up. Three Hydro Pumps come out; Biollante reappears after the second one. Generally, it's a good idea to let the water take you to the ceiling, depending on how much of a safe area there is up there. It's imperative that you constantly look for which orbs are brightest, as those will fire next. Do a bit more ground dodging, then hearts appear. Start slightly to the right, as Biollante shows up one last time after the first ring passes. Dodge the second ring to the left side, then the attack will finish. Be wary, as the green orbs never stop. This means that you don't want to wait in front of the safe spots for the heart rings, but a bit to the side so that you don't get an orb in the way.

Blue: Start slightly to the right of the left corner if possible. Inch to the right, being mindful of the random red and bouncing yellow apples. Find a safespot from the Gravity Man rain, dodge a few Big Kid apples, then inch to the left, this time with Nue bullets to fuck you up. When in doubt, you generally want to press farther ahead rather than doubling back on both the beginning and end of the attack. It's especially important here to be able to read bullets coming in from all angles.

If you manage to beat all these attacks in one go (and stand away from the middle, as Kamilia fires a single pillar in the center), you get a save point for the rest of the fight. Try to stand on the pillar here, since the game saves your position. I'm still on phase one, however, so I'll stop here.

If anyone would care to elaborate on any attacks, go ahead. This is just a starting point from someone who's grinding the boss.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:42:31 PM by BaronBlade »
bean!

Denferok

• Community Manager
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • My stream
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Kamilia 2 Final Boss Strat Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 03:22:03 PM »
The guide is not very specific, you're mostly talking about what happens but not what you should think about. I think you can go more in-depth. Also it's much better to use the safespot 1 space to the left of the center as your main safespot. Yellow also has two possible cases for the spike rings

elraimon2000

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
Re: Kamilia 2 Final Boss Strat Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 03:41:06 PM »
you should also mention that the player should stand on the top left part of the arena after surviving the first phase so that the game will save him in a good position for the second phase