Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - lawatson

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
too many computers!!!!!!

Aside from that, it looks pretty neat.

Programming Questions / Re: Handle rotary object
« on: September 13, 2015, 08:06:34 PM »
>tfw

basically alarm events are activated when you set them, so alarm[0]=10 will make alarm 0 activate after 10 frames. if you set an alarm inside an alarm, you can make an infinite loop. Then you just put in the create star code and that should do it.

« on: September 13, 2015, 02:37:34 PM »
Alright, I've got some tricks up my sleeve for that. I'll just modify the original message into this post.

in the object getting sucked in, put this in the create event:

radius=point_distance(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y);
angle=point_direction(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y);
speed=(maximum speed you want) / (maximum distance from the object) * point_distance(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y);

step event code:

x=blackhole.x+(radius*cos(degtorad(angle)));
y=blackhole.y+(radius*-sin(degtorad(angle)));
angle+=(rotation speed here);
speed=(maximum speed you want) / (maximum distance from the object) * point_distance(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y);
radius-=speed;
if point_distance(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y)<speed{instance_destroy();}

If you want it to lose alpha as it approaches the object, put this in the step event too:

image_alpha=1-(1/(maximum distance from the object)*point_distance(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y));

If you want it to lose rotation speed as it approaches the object, replace the angle+=(rotation speed here) code with:

angle+=(maximum speed you want) - ((maximum speed you want) / (maximum distance from the object) * point_distance(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y));

That should be it. If there's a bug, post it.

« on: September 13, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »
in the object getting sucked in, put this in the create event:

direction=point_direction(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y);

step event code:

if point_distance(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y)<speed{instance_destroy();}

If you want it to lose alpha as it approaches the object, put this in the step event too:

image_alpha=1-(1/(maximum distance from the object)*point_distance(x,y,blackhole.x,blackhole.y));

If you want it to get rotated inward, I have a way of doing that as well.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: K3 save problem
« on: September 06, 2015, 02:26:28 PM »
That's a problem I experienced too. I'm afraid you're going to have to savehack the player into the right position, either that or back to square one.

Programming Questions / Re: Making Portals Unusable After Defeating The Area
« on: September 06, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »
You can use the global.boss[index] or global.item[index] variables to do that. You don't have to make a pickup or a boss either, you can simply just trigger it secretly after beating the area.
You can do it like so:

global.item[0]=1;

Simple as that. To make portals disappear and appear when you enter the warp room, you can basically do something like:

if global.item[0]==1{
    instance_destroy();
}

Put it in the creation code of the portal, not the create event (The one in the object maker). And if you want to make a portal appear when you have all the items, what you need to do is something like:

if global.item[0]==1 && global.item[1]==1 && global.item[2] ==1 ...{
    a=instance_create(position,position,warp);
    a.roomTo=finalArea;
}

Simple as that. I hope this helps!

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The Studio Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: September 04, 2015, 06:54:41 AM »
Goddamn, v1.0 is here. I'll just confirm the differences between studio and then maybe I'll install it and take your engine for a test drive. Awesome work, you really are a good programmer.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: September 02, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
with every new k3 selfie, the no-carers dick just gets harder

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: September 02, 2015, 12:27:31 PM »
shit dude i didn't know that shadows made the text mountain challenge

« on: September 01, 2015, 08:48:41 AM »
I think weekly should be fine. It allows for faster coverage of all the users while still giving them a large amount of time in the spotlight.

« on: September 01, 2015, 03:30:23 AM »
Alright, I see. Make sure to make the best of it!

« on: September 01, 2015, 01:24:06 AM »
Awesome shit. Can't wait for the full product.

« on: September 01, 2015, 12:58:31 AM »
The concept of this worries me. It has good intention, but to be honest, as of right now it just sounds like a slightly bigger version of a twitch host. It seems that a similar effect could come from just hosting someone through the fangame marathon channel. Plus, many people already knew about and watched sunbla beforehand, so I would simply like to know if your picks will range to the streamers with less viewers, such as Iginlaj and JGBMaster. Another thing I'd like to know is how well you think the concept will turn out. Most people come to delicious fruit just for the games and the reviews. To be honest, I can imagine that some people will come to the site and completely overlook this feature. I don't mean to make a big assumption, but it is a possible problem, even if occurring on a small scale. I would like to know how you feel about these problems and if you are thinking of a good way to fix them up a bit. I hope to see a more helpful and more practical idea in the future.

Video Discussion / Re: swag strats
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:05:37 PM »
more swag strats

when i saw that I was thinking you were gonna do that downward plane, shit man rip

« on: August 30, 2015, 03:27:50 AM »
damn that's sick.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25