Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - klazen108

Pages: 1 [2]
https://speedrunslive.com/race/?id=ktbk9

We've got a few hours to go, so let's get some friendly competition going in here :Kappa:

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Fangame Programming Help Board
« on: February 09, 2014, 01:14:08 AM »
Hey guys,

I've noticed, a lot, in twitch chat that people would like to make games, but are having silly issues with getting started, like "how do I make music play?" Wouldn't it be nice if instead of spamming Wannabe chats with troubleshooting messages, if we could give them a link where to a place where they could be helped? Well, that's my idea. Just put a subforum here dedicated to iwanna game design help, and let experienced, kindhearted (and especially patient!) developers assist the newbies with the finer points of Game Maker & the iwanna engines. Not to shamelessly plug myself or anything, but I've already had three separate instances where I helped people get started. It would sure be nice if I could do it in a more persistent location. It would also be nice for more experienced developers to pick up tips, like how exactly to get those cool shapes everyone makes in their avoidance fights (something I'm working on learning right now!)

Just a thought; it could really help expand the audience of this board and help keep Twitch chat relevant to the real topic, lamp spam :paraLamp: (P.S. how is paraLamp not a board emote yet? :DansGame: )

Meet and Greet! / Kappa FrankerZ
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:17:13 PM »
What's up guys!

You may know me as the guy who has no life and watches the wannabes all day, but hey, it sure beats watching whatever filth it is that passes for TV these days...

For the longest time, I just watched fangames, but had never actually tried one out before. So, thanks to Tehjman's recommendation, I'm on floor 64 of Celebrate 100. I'm also in stage 2 of Boshy... not much progress, but man are they addictive :P

Also, I'm currently designing my own fangame. You may see some of the streamers testing it out from time to time; I depend heavily on their critique as I've not had a lot of experience playing the games myself. Big shoutouts to TJ, Paragus, and Fate for the feedback so far!

P.S. I spent way too much time trying to make that image captcha below as perfect as possible... I can already tell posting here is gonna be fun

Pages: 1 [2]