Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - BaronBlade

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: December 05, 2015, 02:42:47 PM »
Don't worry, the challenge gets better, at least through the stage 3 games. Tribute's a huge pile of shit, though, I'll agree there.

Tools & Software / Re: Tool for avoidances :/
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:53:35 PM »
This looks really cool! If I could suggest something, I'd like to see a way to draw shapes like in MSPaint or something. Great beta, though! I'll update when I have a chance to import into Game Maker.

PS your english is fine : )

I think we need to change the color on the thread page text, as it's really hard to see against the gray background.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: November 30, 2015, 01:25:04 PM »
How it feels to chew 5 Gum (TM)

Programming Questions / Re: Looping Actions?
« on: November 27, 2015, 11:02:35 AM »
instance_create(x,y,object)
not instance_create(object,x,y)

:paraPalm: I guess I should have checked how that function worked. Thanks, sudnep!

Programming Questions / Re: Looping Actions?
« on: November 27, 2015, 09:56:07 AM »
Here's a snippet of a basic cannon using alarms: https://klazen.com/gm/QVK

Let me also tell you what's wrong with the code you posted. By default, all alarms start out at 0. Alarms will only trigger if you set them to a value above 0, and then they count down back to 0 later. So, setting alarm[0] to 0 does nothing; the alarm event will never trigger! If you want the alarm to trigger immediately, you can set it to 1.

In your alarm 0 event, you set alarm[1] to 25 three times over, which is unnecessary. The alarm will only trigger once, not three times; that's just how alarms work.

In regards to what Kyir said about emulating alarms yourself, I think which method you use depends on personal preference and context. In one-off objects like this cannon I might prefer to use alarms to keep things simple. In more complex objects, I might prefer to do it manually.

Alright, I understand what you're saying about alarms. However, when I try to implement that code snippet, GMS throws me this error:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object objCannon:

Creating instance for non-existing object: 448
 at gml_Object_objCannon_ObjAlarm0_1 (line 3) - new_cannonball = instance_create(objCannonBall, self.x, self.y)

I do have an object called objCannonBall, which only deletes upon hitting a block, so I'm perplexed.

Programming Questions / Looping Actions?
« on: November 26, 2015, 11:02:00 PM »
Hello! I'm trying to recreate the cannon enemies from I Wanna Be the Aura, but I'm having problems with having them launch projectiles. In my cannon object, I have a create event and two alarms.

Create:
Code: [Select]
alarm[0]=0;
Alarm 0:
Code: [Select]
var i;
for(i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
    alarm[1] = 25;
}

alarm[0] = 100;

Alarm 1:
Creates moving instance of the cannon ball object moving upwards at speed 3

Unfortunately, nothing happens when I run the game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: November 20, 2015, 07:29:03 AM »
More Permanence 2 Progress :^)

Didn't choke to the end of Rose Gear's boss, luckily.

The Lounge / Re: Blind RMJ Maps - Round 12
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:53:27 PM »
Spat this out in about 10 minutes.

Video Discussion / Re: Delicious Fruit Is Delicious
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »
I want the minute I spent in this thread back.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hey
« on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »
Hi BaronBlade :). I just started playing I wanna go the dotkid, today I reached the first boss, red Miku, the one starring in K3 boss rush.

:atkWut: Wow! I'm only at Tribute because fuck Koffing. I've been grinding out most of the stage 2 games, though, so I'll be moving on pretty quickly once I pass this dumb roadblock. Seriously, fuck Tribute.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hey
« on: November 16, 2015, 03:25:08 PM »
K2 CHALLENGE! NICE! Where are you at with that? Oh, and welcome! ~(=^・ω・^)ノ

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: I Wanna Be The Coolflowers
« on: November 14, 2015, 12:40:39 PM »
i forgot to include the block at ground level...  :FailFish:

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:17:58 AM »
welcome! ~(=^・ω・^)ノ
(step up your game, infern0  :kappaBlues:)

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: I Wanna Be The Coolflowers
« on: November 14, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »
the block above looks like a 4.5, you could just bunnyhop if it is :Kappa:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11