Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ForestFalcon

Pages: [1]
Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Restore the Balance v0.5
« on: July 10, 2014, 04:36:17 AM »
So far I've usually been checking in at the other forum, but never saw this one there, so since I was trying out ones from the contest, thought I'd give this one a go. I played it on hard and actually had a lot of fun with it.

Love the idea of the triple jump being water specific so you don't have to worry as much about it being a game breaking power, and there was a nice amount of areas where the dash was either required or just made things easier. And you placed enough tutorials everywhere I never found myself raging from not knowing what to do.

One thing I've noticed with some fangames that have a vast number of screens to them is that they feel empty in some ways and incomplete, never got that feeling from this game. It was vast yet never felt like there were pointless paths leading to nowhere, I feel like I'd love to go exploring in this world especially once it's finished.

Anyway, there's not much for me to say in terms of what to improve on, the only thing I can think of is that with that eyeball boss (my gosh, that's got to be at Kirby's Zero 1 level of disturbing) I never really felt that there was any need to shoot those switches, it just seemed simpler for me to just ignore them, and deal with as the spikes were originally, but maybe that's just my way of doing it and others found it easier to switch the spikes when necessary.

Well, best of luck with the contest, of the ones I've tried I think you've got a very nice shot at winning with this one.

Pages: [1]