Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - TvPvZ

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: The best TAS drop v-string?
« on: July 25, 2016, 12:00:30 PM »
I'm a little curious, might look into it. I don't think it's important for the turnarounds, you should have the same amount of frames (2 for each I think with good align?) no matter what jump height, but for the half diamond I'm not sure.

After playing around at 10fps, I think 4 or 5 framing is the best. I actually got really bad results with 3 framing.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: New Comp.
« on: July 25, 2016, 11:50:43 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/download/8fkknupj4t944x3/I+Wanna+Kill+The+Kamilia+2+-+Stage+3+%28INFLUKA+BOSS%29.zip

This is the closest I could find with google. Beating Influka again shouldn't be a big deal and it's a fun boss anyways.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Roulette Streaks
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:43:16 AM »
Liking this trend, seeing lots of random games on streams you'd normally probably never see. Also good source of keks sometimes with how mean the rolls can be.

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2016 Wrap-Up/Future Considerations
« on: June 13, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »
Really enjoyable experience, can't wait for the next one, thanks to everyone that made this happen!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: V-string aligns
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
Above reply got valign(or vertical subpixel) right, you don't generally need to worry about it except for bunny hops or certain aids jumps. Vertical subpixel position isn't usually relevant to vstring except in certain needle aids jumps.

Vstrings are strings of vertical positions. Best demonstration of this is vstring tricks, like here.

Just fall off and hold left on any of these jumps, and you won't hit spikes. Fangames run at 50fps, and it's tied to the physics. The kid never touches the spike in any of those frames, even though it looks like you should move right into the spike.

There's all sorts of uses for vstring magic. The simplest are those 2, 4, 7 block tricks in that image. There's a lot more situations where you can use vstring tricks though.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Fangame keyboard review thread
« on: April 10, 2016, 06:38:27 PM »
Second in the recommendation against the Razer Chroma.  I tried it,  and it had the same issue Geo mentioned where it can't do less than 3 frame jumps or 6px movements. It's due to bad minimum press/release reporting time which was ~42ms.

I also have a 2013 Black Widow as well with Blue switches.  Like said before,  great 1 framing keyboard,  the minimum press/release reporting time I could see was 4ms or so,  which is really good.  I would have used this but my dog chewed the cable so I needed a new keyboard.

The one I bought after the Chroma disappointed was the CMStorm Quickfire Ultimate with Red switches. I've come to really love red switches,  this is just my preference right now.  The keyboard can one frame,  but it's not consistent enough to rely on so I learned to cancel.  The minimum press/release reporting time is 9ms,

I mentioned press/release reporting a few times,  this is not the same as polling rate (what is advertised on your keyboard,  1000hz or 1ms etc).  My Quickfire has a press/release minimum of 9ms while at 1000hz polling rate,  but it will be very precise after that.  If it's at 125hz,  the minimum drops to 8ms,  but it will only let you get 8ms precision.  8/16/24/32 etc. If you hold a key for 25ms, it'll become a 32 ms input. Could make accidental 6 pixel movements more likely. 

There really isn't a way I know of to find out the minimum press/release reporting time without testing a keyboard out.  You can view this data with a tool to analyze the inputs going through your USB port. The lower the number is the more consistent one frames can be, since a one frame jump is actually a jump where the press and release happens in the same frame(20ms) Technically zero frame jumps, but that's not what the west calls them.  And since humans aren't tasbots,  sometimes even a 3ms input can overlap a frame and do a 2f, and sometimes a 19ms input will one frame (the accidental one frames we all love) . And then some keyboards have 40ish minimum and can't even shorthop at all like the ones Geo listed.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Your worst fail in a fangame
« on: January 17, 2016, 07:09:09 AM »
I got to K3 S1 and panicked and jumped to the save and pressed S for some reason to save, since I was used to Backspace being the exit secret button from playing cultured.

Got it quickly after but it's easily my worst fail so far.

I bought a Razer chroma late last year, I wasn't able to shorthop at all on it (lowest possible jump was a 3 frame).

Using a usb monitor tool I saw that the lowest possible delay I could get from [key press] to [key release] was around 35-40ms. That's where the issue probably is for you too. So your inputs will usually be minimum 3 frames. I don't know if there's any way to fix it, I personally returned mine and got a CM Quickfire Ultimate.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: January 10, 2016, 03:55:35 AM »
Nice main game, wasn't planning to play the extra going in but it looked doable and it was mostly fun. Glad the game has AD aligns, extremely useful on certain segments.

I don't like his placement of S saves. Some a bit in the air, or a few blocks away from the jumps. I like to be able to save at the setup for the first jump in needle.

« on: December 17, 2015, 06:54:10 AM »
Animus, Uhuhu 2, Venus, Blow Game, Sheep Spike 1, Green the Eye
Been binging these games a bit, getting a lot of practice with align knowledge and stuff.

Obligatory softlock on final screen

« on: December 12, 2015, 08:21:53 AM »

Getting through classics
So much more to play

Meet and Greet! / Hello
« on: November 14, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »
 :denMiku_v2: Been watching fangames since I saw cirno play sunspike and he hosted stinky after, was hooked on watching since. :cirPrise:

Never really figured I'd be the type to enjoy these games for some reason, but I tried some the last month or so and I love it.  :cirThree: Right now I prefer straight needle stuff, assorted platforming too, but I want to get decent at avoidances too, some time.

I'm quite reserved so don't think I'll post too much, but in case I do I wanted to introduce myself.

Pages: [1]