Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kadykunde

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Serious fangame making questions
« on: November 26, 2016, 01:49:26 AM »
I suck at formating so no quotes :(

-How much appreciation and support (if any) do fangame creators deserve, and are they currently getting enough?

Sometimes I do wish some creators got more appreciation than they get, but thats just my opinion on the stuff they made, in general I think they get what they deserve.

-Is it okay to heavily criticize people’s fangames that they made on their own time for everyone to enjoy?
 -How much patience and forgiveness (if any) should fangame streamers and players be expected to have?
 -What is the right balance of encouraging quality fangames while not scaring off potentially good creators?

I think criticism is very important for the makers to grow and make better games, but sometimes people put too much "emotion" on their criticism and end up begin more of an attack than a lesson. Please keep it cool when criticizing a game, specially for newer people, dont want to scare away any new makers.

-To what extent can you be proud of a fangame that heavily uses other people’s content? (spook jam, medleys, and in general using music+sprites+sounds made by others)

Just as proud as you are with your other projects (at least for your own part, or you can be proud of your team/as a team).

-Is it okay to use the self-made assets of other people’s fangames?

It makes me really happy when someone uses something from me (unless its completely copying chunks of the game), but please ask, everyone feels different about this and it's important to make sure the creator is ok with it.

-To what extent (if any) are quality fangames not getting attention they deserve?

Personally, there are a lot of games that I wish people would give more of a chance/gave more attention, but thats just because I think its good, others might not think the same, so I guess its all fair(?) (ended up begin the same thing as my first answer)

-To what extent (if any) are fangame creators limiting their creative growth as opposed to making freeware games for a bigger, more general audience?

I have a lot of ideas that I want to make but dont fit in fangames, so I end up begin lazy and forget about them, but I dont think they are limiting my creative growth, just the comfort of making fangames is making moving to non-fangame-games harder.

------------------------------

I enjoy making fangames (enjoyed? idk it has been some time), but praise and seeing people play them is what moves me, and I always wish more people played my games (even if they are played quite a bit), but I think thats fine, just dont let it bring you down.

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Grind MMO
« on: June 22, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to get a base of the multiplayer just to make sure al your planning doesnt go to waste (would also be a base on what you can and can't do)

Tools & Software / Re: jtool - a new RMJ-type thing
« on: October 15, 2015, 03:15:34 PM »
Thanks a lot for making this patrick, did a great job on it

Tournaments / Re: FGM Mega Thread [Info, Schedule, Everything]
« on: May 20, 2015, 10:40:19 PM »
can I join the venus race? I can do pretty well, have been playing the game quiet a bit latelly EDIT: im not sure how well my internet holds up streaming, will do some test streams soon then.

Tournaments / Re: FGM Mega Thread [Info, Schedule, Everything]
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:23:08 PM »
hype :azoCheer:

you could play Serial Experiments Kid, pretty awesome dagger adventure game:
https://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=14847

Tools & Software / Re: Crystalline - a Particle System Tool!
« on: January 19, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »
Thanks klazen senpai, hopefully people will start using pretty particles more often now  :IceFairy:

The Lounge / Re: what was the first fangame you played?
« on: December 15, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »
I wanna be the dark blue... I remember looking at dens list and fearing playing green because it was one star higher in difficulty  :kappaDisco:

I really like the game, it looks nice and plays nice, just some suggestions, make the timer start only when you press a button so you don't get to start running just as you die, I also think the bosses should have less health, and then for balance give the player less health. I also found a bug where when you die, and before you respawn you press R to go back to stage select, you will go back from where you went into the stage select room.

Meet and Greet! / s u p
« on: July 31, 2014, 10:39:14 PM »
I made some games and hang out in chats or something , have been lurking on these forums for a while just now decided to make an account. So yeah, hi  :denKamilia_v2: .

Pages: [1]