Fangames > Engines

I Wanna Be The GMS2 Engine YoYoYo Edition

<< < (2/3) > >>

YoYoYoDude1:
Yes, the top of the Kid's jumping sprite peeks outside of the hitbox by a couple pixels. It's like that in pretty much every fangame engine as far as I'm aware.
Not really a bug, more of a weird visual design decision since the jumping sprite is longer than the hitbox itself.

Jmannorway:

--- Quote from: YoYoYoDude1 on June 11, 2017, 04:51:30 AM ---Yes, the top of the Kid's jumping sprite peeks outside of the hitbox by a couple pixels. It's like that in pretty much every fangame engine as far as I'm aware.
Not really a bug, more of a weird visual design decision since the jumping sprite is longer than the hitbox itself.

--- End quote ---

Hi YoYo o/

Thanks, that makes sense.

ViTheGhost:
Sorry to necro a thread.

For some reason, when I try using this engine, it runs way faster than other fangames. The room speed is 100% set to 50. I've tested it at various other room speeds, 30, 40 and 49. They all function as they should. However, fifty, for whatever reason, is a bit faster. You can see it being demonstrated in this gif

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out, but nothing seems to work. I've tried setting the room_speed through code, setting vsync to true instead of false, and using game_set_speed. I have a sneaking suspicion it's a fault of GameMaker and not Yoyo's engine.

The closest I've gotten to a fix is using
--- Code: ---game_set_speed(49.9999999,gamespeed_fps)
--- End code ---
in the Game Start event. But you can probably tell a very slight difference. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, I'll kiss you on the mouth :)

EDIT: The gif really doesn't show it off very well. It's a lot more noticeable when you're playing it. The jumps feel a lot heavier and more precise.

WetWookie:
If you draw the FPS to the screen, what number gets displayed?

ViTheGhost:

--- Quote from: WetWookie on February 02, 2018, 06:41:04 PM ---If you draw the FPS to the screen, what number gets displayed?

--- End quote ---

For whatever reason it fluctuates between 58-63. Very strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version