Fangames > Tools & Software

External Deathcounter for streamers

<< < (3/3)

Zurai:

--- Quote from: Denferok on November 22, 2014, 10:33:38 PM ---Would it be possible to remove the timer somehow? I wouldn't want that during speedruns

--- End quote ---

Yes, I put in the GMK for you guys to be able to customize the Tool. If you want to remove the Timer, just adjust the draw event in the "init" object. Also
make sure the Kid and the "pink object" are on the same height, because every time you die, the kid fires a bullet which is responsible for changing the old death variable
to the new one.
If you don't have any clue, I can maybe find the time to upload you a version.

--- Quote from: ShadowsDieAway on November 23, 2014, 12:21:04 AM ---Is there a way to have splits on the death counter? I feel like pressing your normal split button and getting deaths along with times would be helpful.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, but I have no clue what you mean. If you mean by pressing the "split button" you want to reset the Timer and deathcount, no, that's not possible, because the tool
reads these variables directly from the save and as soon you save, the variables would be set to the "save-file-variables" again.
What you could do is changing the variable names in the draw event to your own once, and as soon the "real-death-variable" changes you increase your own one by 1. The same thing goes for
for your timer variable.
And by pressing the split button you could also reset your own Timer variable along with your own death variable.

Joni:
I think what Mike wants is, to have the option to 'split' the deaths, i.e. on button press save the current death count, the same way livesplit saves the current time when the split button is hit. That way it would be possible during speedruns to see what was the deathcount at the split.

I find your idea of creating a counter in gamemaker to read the saves hilarious btw. I dont think I would have come up with this solution, hahaha.

Denferok:
Thanks for the help

ShadowsDieAway:

--- Quote from: Joni on November 25, 2014, 05:25:15 AM ---I think what Mike wants is, to have the option to 'split' the deaths, i.e. on button press save the current death count, the same way livesplit saves the current time when the split button is hit. That way it would be possible during speedruns to see what was the deathcount at the split.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. I did this manually in my first playthrough of Boshy (380 deaths reaching HK, 750 beating her, 1340 deaths at the end of world 2, etc)

Mattisticus:
This is pretty cool! Thank you  :atkHappy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version