I Wanna Community

Fangames => Game Design => Topic started by: YoSniper on February 03, 2014, 10:04:32 PM

Title: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2014 *RESULTS*
Post by: YoSniper on February 03, 2014, 10:04:32 PM
I hosted a contest where various game developers get to create fangames within certain rules. The prize at stake was $100.

Judges:
MetaKnightKirby2 VOTED
Axl VOTED
ethinthenougathorn VOTED
Alexthe9995guy VOTED
Natmanoleon VOTED
YoSniper VOTED
Hiddow VOTED

My sincere thanks to everyone who stuck with me to the end here, whether you participated or judged.

Contestants in the Running and projects
1. SirRouven1003 - I Wanna Get Some Money SUBMITTED
2. pieceofcheese87 - I Wanna Escape Reality SUBMITTED
3. klazen108 - I Wanna Restore the Balance SUBMITTED
4. renhoex - I Wanna Be The Gun SUBMITTED
5. Kendom - I Wanna Be The Boss Hunter SUBMITTED
6. zeapawak - I Wanna Find The Sealed Power SUBMITTED
7. Kyir - I Wanna Conceptualize the Omnitruncated Tesseract SUBMITTED
8. GayWizard609 - I Wanna Be The Gaywizard SUBMITTED
9. Storyyeller - I love Time Travel!  SUBMITTED
10. charizardfuego52 - I Wanna Kill The Ochipi 2  SUBMITTED
11. Gutiger - I Wanna Enter Ironically SUBMITTED
12. Mr. Wonderful - I Wanna Wake Up SUBMITTED

Announcement video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU7-xYYE_is

Rules Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4-kMMY-Ss

RESULTS HERE!
Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMd-7dah9-A
Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcI7u3C3gRk
Part 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bc9tEwbnGc

The deadline for submission was June 1st, 2013. Whether your game is complete or incomplete, the final product must conform to all of the following rules in order to qualify:
Serious Rules
1. No double-jump restoring objects like in I Wanna Be The Boshy
2. No lasers that switch on and off like in I Wanna Kill The Guy
3. No Mario references or music
4. No bosses that are mere bullet hell like in I Wanna Be The Barrage
5. No copying rooms from other fangames like in I Wanna Kill The Kamilia
Entertainment Rules
6. Include a pie somewhere in your game
7. Include some form of cinematic in the game
8. Include a specific sound effect (you'll know it when you hear it)

Download the pack of submitted games here:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/39ik76ufxeijhdl

Note: I Wanna Kill The Ochipi 2 was omitted by author's request.
Title: Re: Upcoming Fangame Contest (Judges Wanted)
Post by: Starz0r on February 03, 2014, 10:31:17 PM
Stickied :BloodTrail:
Post by: infern0man1 on February 03, 2014, 10:44:33 PM
Welcome to the forums Snipes. :BloodTrail:

Post by: lemonxreaper on February 04, 2014, 04:51:53 PM
Its certainly an interesting idea. I will of course be interested to see how it goes and maybe even take part myself for the hell of it :P

If I was to take part, it would probably be a fairly short game, thinking about this makes me wonder if there will be any or many guidelines, or if that is something that will be decided upon the start of the contest.
Post by: YoSniper on February 04, 2014, 06:25:23 PM
Oh there will be rules and guidelines. But I'm holding off on revealing anything until the official start of the contest. I'll probably be looking for people to announce their intention to compete after Valentine's Day, and then start the contest March 1st or something.

EDIT: Contest has been officially announced! People are still welcome to become judges, but I'm looking for at least 15 people to announce their running in the contest by way of video responses!
Title: Re: Upcoming Fangame Contest
Post by: lemonxreaper on February 08, 2014, 09:41:48 PM
if my status/post count meets the required amount for automatic verification. Then put my name down too :D
Post by: Sephalos on February 08, 2014, 09:43:36 PM
if my status/post count meets the required amount for automatic verification. Then put my name down too :D
I can voutch for lemonreaper, he's a cool guy.
Post by: Wolsk on February 09, 2014, 01:22:15 AM
Seph is in.  Everyone give up.
Post by: HAEGOE on February 09, 2014, 01:52:31 AM
Do I need video response with my face when I apply for judges, too? I just don't like showing my face online, even if hundreds of dollars depend on it.(edit : And I'm not a good fangame maker anyways)

Although I'm able to clear fangames made by me, I think I'm not so good at others.. is that OK?
Post by: klazen108 on February 09, 2014, 02:18:09 AM
Uhh, I'm halfway through making a fangame, can I enter it in the contest? I know I won't win if Seph is in the rankings, but heck, why not :Kappa:
Post by: MetaKK on February 09, 2014, 08:46:49 AM
That's why there's a wide variety of judges. And to be honest, I used to think gimmick-oriented fangames are the one and only way to go, but after someone in the comment of one of YoSniper's reviews explained the appeal of the metagame a bit more (a variety of different jumps and always new constellations of spikes and hazards; basically an a lot more gameplay oriented point of view rather than gimmicks and/or graphics) I can now, somewhat, see the appeal of needle games.

Don't forget: The winner has to please every judge.

Though it would be nice to have someone from the hardcore needle fangame community in as a judge as well, at least that's my 2 cents on it.
Post by: lemonxreaper on February 09, 2014, 09:15:11 AM

I'm hoping people wont actually think this way and still go for it :)
I'm pretty certain I don't stand a chance, but it will be fun anyway.
Post by: infern0man1 on February 09, 2014, 09:46:53 AM
Though it would be nice to have someone from the hardcore needle fangame community in as a judge as well, at least that's my 2 cents on it.

Ohai. :Kappa:
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on February 09, 2014, 09:47:53 AM
can anybody vouch for me to be in?  :Kappa:

Post by: Sephalos on February 09, 2014, 10:49:39 AM
can anybody vouch for me to be in?  :Kappa:
Definitly. I'll voutch for pieceofcheese, he's another great member of our community.
Post by: YoSniper on February 09, 2014, 10:56:01 AM
Ok, I have automatic varification for lemonxreaper, and HAEGOE because their accounts were created prior to the contest announcement, and I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be added. Also pieceofcheese because Seph vouched.

I'm going to need more varification or vouching for klazen, though. That registration date is kind of cutting it close.

Anyone else?
Post by: Sephalos on February 09, 2014, 10:59:55 AM

Everyone has as much of a chance than I do. We'll all start at the same time and we'll all have the same amount of days/months to work on it. Plus there will be rules to follow. I'm definitly gonna be doing something very different than I'm used to, so who knows how it will turn out.
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on February 09, 2014, 11:11:01 AM
I'm going to need more varification or vouching for klazen, though. That registration date is kind of cutting it close.

Klazen's a cool guy, he's pretty active on twitch and he made a game once that was decent.
Post by: ethinthenougathorn on February 09, 2014, 11:27:32 AM
just in case there arent 15 judges up to march, i would be  very keen on being a judge too. i hope you  remember me (and could varify me too then) ... :)
Post by: YoSniper on February 09, 2014, 11:32:57 AM

Klazen's a cool guy, he's pretty active on twitch and he made a game once that was decent.
That's great, but I feel I should get verification from a more senior member. What game was that, exactly? That will help Klazen's cause.

just in case there arent 15 judges up to march, i would be  very keen on being a judge too. i hope you  remember me (and could varify me too then) ... :)
I'm not as stringent about background-checking judges, but your registration date definitely helps you. I'll add you to the Judges panel.
Post by: Sephalos on February 09, 2014, 11:42:04 AM
I can voutch for klazen as well. He's been part of the twitch community for a long time and recently made a account here. He has a decent game in development as well.
Post by: YoSniper on February 09, 2014, 11:49:47 AM
Alright then, Klazen is in.

At least 9 more contestants are needed before February 28th. At this rate, things are looking good!
Post by: ethinthenougathorn on February 09, 2014, 11:50:19 AM

That's great, but I feel I should get verification from a more senior member. What game was that, exactly? That will help Klazen's cause.

I'm not as stringent about background-checking judges, but your registration date definitely helps you. I'll add you to the Judges panel.
ok. but im a bit disappointed you cant remember me....ive watched you on youtube a lot a few years ago :D
Post by: YoSniper on February 09, 2014, 11:54:51 AM
ok. but im a bit disappointed you cant remember me....ive watched you on youtube a lot a few years ago :D
Yeah, sorry man. It's been over a year since I stopped doing Talkthroughs/Let's Plays and I don't remember a lot of the conversations from back then. Glad to know you're a fan, though! I'll definitely get to know you better as time goes on.
Post by: ethinthenougathorn on February 09, 2014, 02:18:29 PM
Yeah, sorry man. It's been over a year since I stopped doing Talkthroughs/Let's Plays and I don't remember a lot of the conversations from back then. Glad to know you're a fan, though! I'll definitely get to know you better as time goes on.
ok no problem...maybe youll get back to fangame lets plays or happy wheels wednesday one day.....and then ill comment more so youll remember me :)
Post by: HAEGOE on February 09, 2014, 07:05:34 PM
Wait.. I think I had to make myself a little more clear.
Could you change me to the judge? I think I'll gonna have to enjoy some fangames, rather than make one in this contest.
Post by: YoSniper on February 09, 2014, 07:40:22 PM
Wait.. I think I had to make myself a little more clear.
Could you change me to the judge? I think I'll gonna have to enjoy some fangames, rather than make one in this contest.

Okay, will do. So, 10 more contestants needed.
Post by: Wolsk on February 09, 2014, 08:25:56 PM
I would join if I actually knew how to use GameMaker but wtfidontgeddit.
I'm gonna try my best to learn through tutorials and such, though. :v
Post by: YoSniper on February 09, 2014, 08:45:05 PM
I would join if I actually knew how to use GameMaker but wtfidontgeddit.
I'm gonna try my best to learn through tutorials and such, though. :v

Well, the deadline for 15 people to be in is in two weeks, so you have time to learn some of the ropes.

I'll also let people choose to partake even after the rules are announced, but I'd like to guarantee my 15 minimum beforehand.

EDIT: So I've decided that my video response rule will not be enforced after all. I think my paranoia got the better of me. Whoever wants to participate can. I only require that the number of fangames submitted matches the number of contestants in the end.
Post by: Kyir on February 10, 2014, 02:47:31 PM

Everyone has as much of a chance than I do. We'll all start at the same time and we'll all have the same amount of days/months to work on it. Plus there will be rules to follow. I'm definitly gonna be doing something very different than I'm used to, so who knows how it will turn out.

Because being under the same restrictions totally eliminates all other relevant skills that some people might have more of than others.
Post by: YoSniper on February 12, 2014, 08:06:30 PM
7 contestants confirmed so far! 8 to go!

Anyone else?
Title: Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *IT'S ON!!!*
Post by: YoSniper on March 06, 2014, 04:49:16 PM
Despite the hiccup on this forum, the OP has been updated to reflect all of the new details.
Post by: YoSniper on March 21, 2014, 04:38:13 PM
Hey all contestants!

I encourage all of you to post progress reports on your games every now and again. I want you all to get as much feedback as you can during these three months (one of which is almost over.)

I am happy to host this contest, and I hope you all are having fun making your games!
Post by: YoSniper on March 31, 2014, 04:45:09 PM
Just so everyone is aware, I'm revoking what I said about contestants being "locked in". If you are still interested in participating, you may do so as long as you are not already a judge.

I realize I'm saying this a month into the contest, but if you're still up for it, then just say the word!
Post by: YoSniper on April 08, 2014, 07:56:06 PM
EVERYONE, please tell me what the names of your projects are for the contest.

I have updated the OP with game names that I assume will be submitted for the contest, but please correct me if I am mistaken.

Also, I have only seen bits from three or four people regarding progress on development (or so I assume.) This makes me worry that not many submissions will be in by the deadline. We are already halfway into this contest, so please get cracking!
Post by: Sephalos on April 08, 2014, 08:10:39 PM
EVERYONE, please tell me what the names of your projects are for the contest.

I have updated the OP with game names that I assume will be submitted for the contest, but please correct me if I am mistaken.

Also, I have only seen bits from three or four people regarding progress on development (or so I assume.) This makes me worry that not many submissions will be in by the deadline. We are already halfway into this contest, so please get cracking!
I wanna be the 8bit will not be my submission. I don't have a name for the project that I am working on for the contest.
Post by: Karn on April 08, 2014, 09:42:27 PM
The name of my game is: I Wanna Go Home

My progress:
I have the platforming complete for World 1 and World 2, and some/most of World 3 (aside from secrets).
The bosses aren't working as intended right now, so I've got to iron that out.
I also want to redo some sprites, and I've gotten some feedback that I should change the music.
But all in all, the game is coming along pretty well  :atkHappy:
Post by: bacondounut on April 09, 2014, 09:30:14 PM
that awkward cause I already named mine I wanna  find a home. :atkWut:
Post by: YoSniper on April 09, 2014, 09:43:02 PM
that awkward cause I already named mine I wanna  find a home. :atkWut:
Meh. It's not like there aren't already tons of fangames with similar names. This won't count against you if you decide to keep this name.
Post by: TheMarios327 on April 10, 2014, 10:16:06 PM
I still don't have a name for my project, and progress is going really slow, although I was expecting that. So far I only finished the first boss and a couple screens and I'm currently more focused on another project, so I'll probably won't finish in time.
Post by: YoSniper on April 11, 2014, 05:40:12 PM
I still don't have a name for my project, and progress is going really slow, although I was expecting that. So far I only finished the first boss and a couple screens and I'm currently more focused on another project, so I'll probably won't finish in time.
No worries, man. Like I mentioned before, if you absolutely have to, you can submit an alpha for the contest. Judges should make judgment on games based on the quality of the content within, and less so based on how complete the game is.
Post by: klazen108 on April 12, 2014, 10:13:38 PM
My project is gonna be called "I Wanna Restore the Balance". All I'm ready to say at this point is I am making an open-world, metroidvania style game (I was inspired by See the Moon), with *plenty* of stuff you don't normally see in fangames ;)
Post by: ChillingSpark on April 13, 2014, 08:49:04 AM
My project is gonna be called "I Wanna Restore the Balance". All I'm ready to say at this point is I am making an open-world, metroidvania style game (I was inspired by See the Moon), with *plenty* of stuff you don't normally see in fangames ;)

Sounds good :Kreygasm:
Post by: YoSniper on April 13, 2014, 05:17:47 PM
Alright, so I've got responses from 13 out of 20 competitors on what projects are going to be happening, and I'm happy to see that certain projects that were in progress but obviously were going to violate certain rules are not going to be submitted. It's good to see that seemingly everyone is taking this contest seriously enough to produce quality content.

I look forward to June 1st. In the meantime, if you do not have a project name next to your name on the list (or a placeholder for that matter,) please speak up so I know what to expect.

Thanks again to all judges and contestants!
Title: Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *ONE MONTH LEFT!!!*
Post by: YoSniper on April 30, 2014, 09:22:46 PM
We're in the home stretch! One more month to go!
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on May 01, 2014, 06:37:17 AM
Man, i wish i put more time into making my game. I've been working on I wanna get cultured so much that I never feel like making a fangame :/
Post by: YoSniper on May 07, 2014, 09:16:32 AM
It has been brought to my attention that the sound effect I want you all to use might cause Windows 8 crashes. If it becomes necessary,  I will allow you to alter the sound (make it 16-bit, filter harmonics, whatever,) as long as it mildly resembles the original sound.

I apologize for the inconvenience.  Fuck Windows 8.
Post by: klazen108 on May 07, 2014, 11:58:48 PM
Fuck Windows 8.
Post by: HAEGOE on May 21, 2014, 09:54:17 AM
now, the deadline is june 1st, which means it's about 10 days left. right?
I think you may have to inform the contestant...

p.s.
Fuck Windows 8.
and Fuck Windows 8.1, 8.1 update, 8.14159265358979323846264338... :Kappa:
but seriously, I thought the problem will be solved after I upgrade to 8.1 and nothing's changed..
 :atkCry:
Post by: ethinthenougathorn on May 21, 2014, 10:15:37 AM
i also have to inform you i wont be able to test in the beginning of june, ill be in london for 5 days and after it there is whitsun where i might go tenting at a lake with mates. but after, ill have much time and hopefully fun to test :)
just dont wonder if i cant give first feedbacks fast :)
Title: Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *FINAL WEEK!!!*
Post by: klazen108 on May 28, 2014, 02:45:08 AM
Here is my entry for the contest. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make a full game... but my testers take about an hour and a half to beat the beta, so I hope there's enough content :)

https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1025.msg5405#msg5405

Thanks for putting this on, it's good to see some activity in the community!

(I'm posting this here because I don't think the PM system on this forum is working quite right...)
Post by: YoSniper on May 28, 2014, 10:53:59 PM
Okay, so I have 6 submissions so far. I am hoping that number turns into 19 within the next 3 days, but I won't hold my breath.
Post by: klazen108 on May 29, 2014, 07:29:08 PM
You never know, maybe some people want to wait until the deadline! I know I was going to, but I decided to go ahead and stop making new content and focus on bug fixes, and so had a bit of time left over :4Head:
Title: Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *LAST CALL*
Post by: YoSniper on May 31, 2014, 05:29:49 PM
Less than 36 hours to go!
Post by: klazen108 on May 31, 2014, 07:24:16 PM
This silence before the storm is killing me :Kappa:
Post by: Karn on June 01, 2014, 06:18:03 PM
I'm not entirely happy with how unfinished my game is, and I couldn't find a good way of implementing the contest stuff that isn't just there to fulfill the requirement.

So unfortunately I'm going to have to sit out.  :atkCry:

Good luck to everyone else!
Post by: YoSniper on June 01, 2014, 08:49:36 PM
All right, guys.

I'm signing off for tonight, but if anyone still has submissions for the contest, or updates for the submissions they've already put in, then I will accept changes or submissions in Personal Messages ONLY that are timestamped prior to 12:00AM EST.

After that, the doors close and the judging commences.

Expect judging results to conclude by roughly July 1st, 2014. This is a ballpark estimate, so please have patience. The $100 prize will go to someone!
Post by: klazen108 on June 01, 2014, 11:06:22 PM
Regardless of who wins, I enjoyed participating. From what I've seen streamed on twitch, we all put out some pretty good content. I'm glad that we could do something like this, to kinda prove that there are game makers in the Western community that can make good games, like the Eastern community recently did with their relay competition. Good luck to all the contestants! I'm excited to see how we all do!
Post by: lemonxreaper on June 02, 2014, 05:28:21 AM
I'm not entirely happy with how unfinished my game is, and I couldn't find a good way of implementing the contest stuff that isn't just there to fulfill the requirement.

So unfortunately I'm going to have to sit out.  :atkCry:

Good luck to everyone else!

This :S
Title: Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *JUDGING IN PROGRESS*
Post by: YoSniper on June 02, 2014, 05:05:33 PM
It's a damn shame that so many people bowed out or failed to submit an entry.

But anyway, I'm happy to have 12 submissions.

Judging will now commence, and hopefully we will have results for you in July.
Post by: klazen108 on June 02, 2014, 06:51:48 PM
It's come to my attention that due to the intentionally confusing layout of my game that some people aren't making it to the end of the beta. Just as a heads up, you're done when you reach the credits. If you're stuck, I'll leave a hint below:
(click to show/hide)
It's a metroidvania, so I try not to hold your hand and let you explore on your own. But I just wanna make sure the judges see the whole game ;)
Post by: SirRouven on June 05, 2014, 12:01:11 PM
Do submitted games get something like a review?
I would be interested in the reasons why games were better/worse than others.
Post by: YoSniper on June 05, 2014, 04:40:59 PM
Do submitted games get something like a review?
I would be interested in the reasons why games were better/worse than others.

I intend to review all submitted games in the results videos, and show all of the judges' feedback.
Post by: YoSniper on June 20, 2014, 04:24:48 PM
ATTENTION JUDGES:

My goal was to have all judges' comments and votes on the games by July 1st. I understand that that might not be viable for some of you.

If you need more time, please let me know. It would be nice to have a time frame for when everyone will be finished judging.

Thanks!
Post by: ethinthenougathorn on June 21, 2014, 09:01:19 AM
i try to finish for 1st July, but i might need 1 week more. but maybe,i can already finish testing next weekend
Post by: YoSniper on June 21, 2014, 09:45:22 AM
i try to finish for 1st July, but i might need 1 week more. but maybe,i can already finish testing next weekend

If you wind up needing more time, just let me know ahead of time and we'll make it work.
Post by: ethinthenougathorn on June 21, 2014, 02:17:28 PM

If you wind up needing more time, just let me know ahead of time and we'll make it work.

ok great, ill tell you as soon as i know about my next weekend plans :)
Post by: YoSniper on July 04, 2014, 05:02:21 PM
Eight judges remain, four of which still need to vote. Deadline at present is end of the day July 8th. See OP for details.

JUDGES, I AM NOT ASKING THAT YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE EVERY SINGLE GAME IN ORDER TO MAKE A JUDGMENT. YOU ONLY NEED TO PLAY ENOUGH OF THE GAMES IN ORDER TO GIVE FEEDBACK ON THE GAME AND RANK IT AMONG YOUR VOTES.

HOWEVER, I DO ASK THAT IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE A GAME, GIVE THE DEVELOPER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT IN CASE YOU DO NOT SEE SOME OF THE REQUIREMENTS FULFILLED (LIKE IF YOU DID NOT SEE A PIE THROUGH THE POINT WHERE YOU STOPPED.) DO NOT VOTE 'DQ' IN SUCH CASES UNLESS YOU DID SEE WHAT YOU CONSIDER TO BE AN OUTRIGHT VIOLATION OF THE RULES (LIKE THE DEVELOPER USED A BULLET HELL BOSS OR A DOUBLE-JUMP RESTORE, FOR EXAMPLE.)
Post by: YoSniper on July 05, 2014, 09:58:09 PM
Alright! 6 judges have voted. 2 remain.

Thank you to everyone to has stuck with me to the end here. We should have some definitive results soon...
Title: Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *RESULTS TO COME SOON*
Post by: YoSniper on July 09, 2014, 07:03:34 AM
And in the end we had 7 judges.

The votes have been finalized and results videos will come later this week. I have a couple of busy days ahead of me, but this WILL happen soon enough. Stay tuned...

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS STUCK WITH ME TO THE END!
Post by: klazen108 on July 09, 2014, 10:39:29 AM
:Kreygasm: The epic conclusion draws near!
Post by: ethinthenougathorn on July 09, 2014, 02:04:29 PM
And in the end we had 7 judges.

The votes have been finalized and results videos will come later this week. I have a couple of busy days ahead of me, but this WILL happen soon enough. Stay tuned...

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS STUCK WITH ME TO THE END!

also a big thank you to you for hosting this great contest!
Title: Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *RESULTS*
Post by: YoSniper on July 13, 2014, 06:59:25 PM
Part 1 of the results has been uploaded. I'll post later videos as time allows.
Post by: tehjman1993 on July 13, 2014, 07:28:40 PM
YoSniper, I gotta admit - you are one really funny dude. Seeing as this contest as gotten a lot of hate for certain criteria (including from me), I now feel bad for the awful, terrible, AIDS-infested fangames you had to work your way through. Your sense of humor is exactly what we needed to see in this contest, and I look forward to the future result videos.
Post by: YoSniper on July 13, 2014, 07:41:32 PM
YoSniper, I gotta admit - you are one really funny dude. Seeing as this contest as gotten a lot of hate for certain criteria (including from me), I now feel bad for the awful, terrible, AIDS-infested fangames you had to work your way through. Your sense of humor is exactly what we needed to see in this contest, and I look forward to the future result videos.
Much appreciated, bro. But yeah, I very much overestimated my patience for this. In retrospect, 12 fangames and 7 judges was about as much as I could handle.
Post by: SirRouven on July 13, 2014, 07:58:22 PM
Now, that I saw the first results video I understand why so many judges resigned the contest.
Post by: YoSniper on July 18, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
Okay, part 2 is up (or should be shortly. It was 95% processed last I checked.)
Post by: klazen108 on July 18, 2014, 11:33:20 PM
Another great video :atkHappy: I felt the same way about I Wanna Be The Gun - it looks amazing, and has beautiful graphics, but it just feels wrong calling it a fangame. Maybe with some more polish it could be something great though!

One thing I want to bring to your attention; for I Hate Time Travel you wrote that it got one honorable mention, but said that it got two. It's a minor mistake, but I thought you might want to know.

Thanks for the video, and I'm looking forward to the Final Four! :Kreygasm:
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on July 18, 2014, 11:57:06 PM
I completely disagree with your views on Sealed power. the game is a horrible mess, and it has nothing good about it.
Post by: YoSniper on July 27, 2014, 09:05:45 AM
Yeah, so every time I try to record stuff for the final video, I get summoned to some other task. Hopefully I can put it all together by the 31st, but even now that looks like a chore. I'm seriously doing everything I can to work fast. Please be patient.

EDIT: Stitching together the final pieces of the final results video. It will go up tomorrow around 4:30 PM EST.
Post by: YoSniper on July 31, 2014, 09:46:13 PM
And finally, the final results video has been posted!
Post by: SirRouven on August 01, 2014, 03:53:15 AM
I think that this is the perfect ending to this contest.
Being first place with another person is a really nice thing because I didnīt even imagine that my game could win.
Thank you for hosting this contest and congratulations to Klazen for achieving first place.
Also, thanks for the videos. They made it much more enjoyable than to read the results.

By the way, Klazen, we need to decide who gets all the money. :Kappa:
Post by: klazen108 on August 01, 2014, 10:26:20 AM
Good Knight Sir Rouven, by the laws of Chivalry, I challenge you to a duel to the death to determine who is worthy of the Holy Grail! ...err, I mean the $100!

But in all seriousness, congratulations Rouven on placing first! I haven't seen you around on Twitch in a while, come stop by sometime :atkHappy:

I greatly enjoyed participating in this contest, and seeing how my game was looked upon so well motivates me to keep going further. Congrats also to Gaywizard, the best-named member of the community, and Piece, whose ability to crap out good games is something we all wish we had :Kappa:

And thanks again YoSniper for hosting the contest, managing the judges, and making the videos. I appreciate all the work you did!