I Wanna Community

Fangames => Game Design => Programming Questions => Topic started by: Sandsky0 on October 18, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

Title: Nekoron engine - white flash
Post by: Sandsky0 on October 18, 2013, 10:38:58 PM
Hello,

I was wondering why exactly does a white screen flash after pressing 'R' to respawn when using the nekoron engine? I've looked into the init screen and changing the color of it does actually do something, but I don't really understand how to get rid of it completely, thanks
Title: Re: Nekoron engine - white flash
Post by: Starz0r on October 19, 2013, 12:27:39 AM
Hello,

I was wondering why exactly does a white screen flash after pressing 'R' to respawn when using the nekoron engine? I've looked into the init screen and changing the color of it does actually do something, but I don't really understand how to get rid of it completely, thanks
When pressing R it restarts the game from the initializing screen to load your save, what ever color that room is, is the color that will flash.
Post by: Olivebates on October 20, 2013, 05:22:27 AM
You can probably fix this if you go the init room > settings > creation code, and write room_goto_next();

Then, go to your init object, and place all the initiation data into the game start event instead.
Post by: infern0man1 on November 02, 2013, 11:30:25 PM
You can probably fix this if you go the init room > settings > creation code, and write room_goto_next();

Then, go to your init object, and place all the initiation data into the game start event instead.

I tried doing this, but everything fucked up (kid spawned in title room, when you press shift it takes you to stage select, where you proceed to die when you fall off screen.)
Post by: Olivebates on November 03, 2013, 11:49:37 AM
Is your init object persistant?
Post by: infern0man1 on November 03, 2013, 07:08:47 PM
No. Don't worry about it though. Moving my game over to Yuuutu edition because there are some aspects about the Nekoron edition that I don't like.
Post by: lemonxreaper on November 04, 2013, 09:44:17 AM
I figured out the problem. it was actually really easy to figure out. all you need to do is turn off "Clear Background with window colour" in views in the init room and it doesn't happen anymore.
Post by: Olivebates on November 04, 2013, 02:43:37 PM
Haha, wow. I've never run into that problem before. Good to see you got it fixed!