I Wanna Community

Fangames => Meet and Greet! => Topic started by: Arocet on January 13, 2017, 08:50:12 PM

Title: New boshy runner arround there!
Post by: Arocet on January 13, 2017, 08:50:12 PM
Hi guys, i'm training my iwbtb capabilities so ill be able to run it someday.

Thanks to everyone, and lets have a good time!
Title: Re: New boshy runner arround there!
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on January 13, 2017, 08:58:45 PM
There's not much competition these days with Boshy, but good luck nonetheless.
Post by: Arocet on January 14, 2017, 10:21:59 AM
There's not much competition these days with Boshy, but good luck nonetheless.

It's more like i wanna improve my skill, and feel i can do whatever i purpose to me. Still, thanks! : )
Post by: Onynekyu on January 14, 2017, 06:23:31 PM
Hey and good luck ! Whatever happen, don't give up  :atkHappy:
Post by: Arocet on January 15, 2017, 12:47:13 PM

I used to play it pretty often time ago. Still im a casual player, but i try to optimize my playstyle everytime i can. There are a lot of things i cannot still do (Like quick killing Mario, Solgryn or Megaman, or restart skips) but i feel like im closer than never. Anyway, thanks! I also hope i wont give up ;-;
Post by: tehjman1993 on January 15, 2017, 02:35:20 PM

I used to play it pretty often time ago. Still im a casual player, but i try to optimize my playstyle everytime i can. There are a lot of things i cannot still do (Like quick killing Mario, Solgryn or Megaman, or restart skips) but i feel like im closer than never. Anyway, thanks! I also hope i wont give up ;-;

If you need help with any of it, I can certainly look into it. I have a whole Boshy tutorial on Youtube, and I'm always open for questions regarding strats in Boshy.
Post by: AntonDew on January 15, 2017, 07:07:01 PM
Good luck, If you give your all, you can achieve anything!
Post by: Arocet on January 20, 2017, 03:42:48 PM

If you need help with any of it, I can certainly look into it. I have a whole Boshy tutorial on Youtube, and I'm always open for questions regarding strats in Boshy.

Hi tehjman1993!

I have seen your videos from speedrun.com, and they were pretty helpful. Really thanks about it. I also FINALLY found crtl+y, i were looking for it for a lot of months :)

Basically my problem on speedkilling megaman-ringman-2nd phase solgryn is about i feel like i shoot about 5 shots less than any other boshy speedrunner, but im trying to get it up. In mario speedkill my only trouble is im (atm) not capable to fire this many shots and double jump without stopping my shoot spam. Im trying to fix it using alt as jump so i can toogle my jumping hand, and now im looking to start jumping with spacebar (i move with wasd and jump-shoot with alt-up key).

Anyway every single advice about it will be apreciated :D

Thank you very much, i admire you and every speedrunner, and i hope i will be like you guys are someday.

Greetings.
Post by: Arocet on January 20, 2017, 03:43:40 PM
Good luck, If you give your all, you can achieve anything!

Thank you bro, i hope i will. But after exams, probably! :_D
Post by: Arocet on January 20, 2017, 05:41:58 PM
I just got 33:12 / 46 deaths in BOSS RUSH. I think is my pb ever.
*cough cough*
Still just killing the bosses took more than the WR of the complete game.
*cough*
But im proud of myself, tho.
Post by: tehjman1993 on January 21, 2017, 08:57:46 PM

Hi tehjman1993!

I have seen your videos from speedrun.com, and they were pretty helpful. Really thanks about it. I also FINALLY found crtl+y, i were looking for it for a lot of months :)

Basically my problem on speedkilling megaman-ringman-2nd phase solgryn is about i feel like i shoot about 5 shots less than any other boshy speedrunner, but im trying to get it up. In mario speedkill my only trouble is im (atm) not capable to fire this many shots and double jump without stopping my shoot spam. Im trying to fix it using alt as jump so i can toogle my jumping hand, and now im looking to start jumping with spacebar (i move with wasd and jump-shoot with alt-up key).

Thank you very much, i admire you and every speedrunner, and i hope i will be like you guys are someday.

Greetings.

Do you use 1 finger to mash, or 2? Mashing is something of an artform in Boshy - it takes practice and rhythm to get good at it. When I was first learning the game, I also had trouble quick killing just about every boss. Practice over time allowed my mashing to get better and faster, and eventually led to the desired quick kills. For your setup, try practicing using either your thumb or your pinky of your left hand on the left alt key to jump and move at the same time, leaving your right hand solely focused on mashing. 1-handed movement is hard, but is very worth it to learn! However, I do not recommend spacebar for jumping unless absolutely needed.

In short, mashing is practice. With Mario, make sure you stay relatively close to him at all times! Since you can only have 5 damage worth of bullets on the screen at once, you don't want to waste any screen space or time when fighting him.

...and thanks for the kind words!
Post by: BBF on January 22, 2017, 12:20:10 PM
Choose whatever control setup you want. I always felt like being comfortable with how you play is more important than it being technically the best.

Of course, damaging bosses and the like can be more difficult if you Shoot and Jump with the same hand, but it's definitely possible to work around that (just like I had to when I first started out)

Post by: Arocet on January 22, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

Hi tehjman1993!

Greetings.

Do you use 1 finger to mash, or 2? Mashing is something of an artform in Boshy - it takes practice and rhythm to get good at it. When I was first learning the game, I also had trouble quick killing just about every boss. Practice over time allowed my mashing to get better and faster, and eventually led to the desired quick kills. For your setup, try practicing using either your thumb or your pinky of your left hand on the left alt key to jump and move at the same time, leaving your right hand solely focused on mashing. 1-handed movement is hard, but is very worth it to learn! However, I do not recommend spacebar for jumping unless absolutely needed.

In short, mashing is practice. With Mario, make sure you stay relatively close to him at all times! Since you can only have 5 damage worth of bullets on the screen at once, you don't want to waste any screen space or time when fighting him.

Yes, im gonna make a few runs with jump on my left so i can leave my right focused on shooting. I'll try anyway to jump with spacebar because i feel like thumb is independent from the rest of the fingers, and my pinky is pretty idiot. If im not capable, ill keep trying. Anyway, im improving my spam and im leaving solgryn second phase with less than 5 hp, i feel like i will be capable to get it soon. But i wont be able to speedkill first phase with jump and shoot in my left, i lose shoots jumping and he ends the three lazers phase with 5-9 hp. I'll keep you guys up.

Thanks for the interest :D
Post by: Arocet on January 22, 2017, 02:37:45 PM
Choose whatever control setup you want. I always felt like being comfortable with how you play is more important than it being technically the best.

Of course, damaging bosses and the like can be more difficult if you Shoot and Jump with the same hand, but it's definitely possible to work around that (just like I had to when I first started out)

Are you seriously BBF? :_D I almost feel anxious, lol.

Yes, i think i prefer being comfortable with my setup, but i also know where are my limits, so im trying to find balance between comfortability and optimization. Im improving a lot with the alt setup so i can toogle my jumping hand, but i'll try some other stuffs so i find my best way to play.

And btw, im on 22 minutes on boss rush, take care about that WR! :D
(In a few months)
(Or years)

Really nice to talk with you, i admire you and witty since i know this game (and you both), and also thanks for your opinion and interest.

Greetings :D
Post by: Arocet on January 22, 2017, 02:41:24 PM

Hi tehjman1993!

Greetings.

Btw, i shoot just with my right middle finger. I forgot to answer about that!
Post by: infern0man1 on January 22, 2017, 05:36:48 PM
Just for future reference, try to not post in succession; you can easily edit your post if you need to add something. Also try not to make giant quote pyramids and just snip out the portions you aren't responding to.
Post by: Arocet on January 24, 2017, 07:45:39 PM
Hey guys,

i feel like when you spam shoot while jumping (or also spamming jump at the same time) you shoot faster. Is it real or that's just me?

Btw, i FINALLY got a solgryn quick kill (once) in first and second phase, and im also killing the skeleton king/shang tsung before the cycle restart. Hype!

Now im training hello kitty (killing her before she starts spamming sh*t) and the ringman/megaman quick kill.

17:54 / 11 deaths my boss rush pb. Good design level still sucks after the last check point, and i keep being uncapable to make world 2 and 6 checkpoint skips :'(

I'll keep the good work!
Post by: Arocet on January 24, 2017, 07:47:23 PM
Just for future reference, try to not post in succession; you can easily edit your post if you need to add something. Also try not to make giant quote pyramids and just snip out the portions you aren't responding to.

Okay, all right, im sorry >.< Thanks for the info, too!
Post by: BBF on January 25, 2017, 09:04:34 AM
If you jump on the frame after you release shoot, you will shoot again.

A lot of players use it mostly at the start of Mario, but there are some uses on Ryu and Solgryn Phase 2 if you want to go for it.
Post by: Arocet on January 25, 2017, 10:52:12 AM
If you jump on the frame after you release shoot, you will shoot again.

A lot of players use it mostly at the start of Mario, but there are some uses on Ryu and Solgryn Phase 2 if you want to go for it.

Oh, all right. I noticed about it in solgryn phase 2, btw, i jumped randomly twice when i got my first quick kill there. Gonna improve that.

Thanks lord :D
Post by: Arocet on January 26, 2017, 07:17:40 PM
How can i skip biollante capsym in runs? I used to do with CDs, but without them i dont know how ._.
Post by: BBF on January 27, 2017, 10:22:00 AM
CTRL + S to mute the sound, then CTRL + S in World 5 to activate it again.
Post by: Arocet on January 28, 2017, 01:02:04 PM
All right :D

About the world 6 skip, i usually get stuck over spikes. Thats like double jump from start and shoot save in top, then turn to the left and shoot, fall a bit going to the right and jump (twice that step), and finally jump for saving the last time, isn't it? I have been training that but god thats hard :(
Post by: Arocet on January 29, 2017, 12:07:45 PM
Okay, i have seen world 6 explanation from Tehjman and i think i got it. Now i just need some practice :(
Post by: Arocet on February 08, 2017, 06:00:55 PM
1:25:31 my last PB!
Post by: WoofMan on October 12, 2018, 09:30:15 PM
Woof