I Wanna Community

Fangames => User-Made Creations => Topic started by: pieceofcheese87 on September 02, 2016, 11:52:15 AM

Title: I wanna get Cultured 2
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on September 02, 2016, 11:52:15 AM
(https://i.imgur.com/CxYUccJ.png)

Download: www.fangam.es/c2

“I Wanna Get Cultured 2” is the sequel to the well known medley fangame from the western community.
Over 2 years in the making, Culture 2 builds upon the success of the original by massively expanding the game concept, dramaticaly increasing the production value, and an increase in challenge.

The development team led by Pieceofcheese, Paragusrants, and Klazen have scoured the western fangame community and recruited some of the most talented game makers to come together for this massive new production.

Culture 2 is a full length medley fangame that features the following:

* 50+ fangame references of games from the global community

* Real full length boss encounters!

* Dozens of rooms of unique guest content from the western fangame community makers!

* Dozens of optional rooms featuring a variety of content!

* Tons of secrets to discover and unlockables including outfits, death effects, saves, and more!

* Achievement System!

* Robust in-game menu system to keep track of your progress and discoveries!

* Multiple unlockable game modes including a revamped Bifficult hard mode, Gimmick Mode, and more!

* Multiple Endings!

* An epic tale of the ages that continues where the original game left off that is sure to touch your heart!
Title: Re: I wanna get Cultured 2
Post by: Wopaz on September 02, 2016, 03:17:39 PM
Umm so I had played this game for around an hour, was in stage 2. Then I accidentally pressed F6 and for some reason I found myself in mid 1st stage, and even tho I didn't save or anything, I couldn't get back to where i previously was. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Post by: Marthmer on September 02, 2016, 04:01:02 PM
So I wanted to change my jump button and then accidently pressed the up key. After that I couldn't do anything anymore cause when I wanted to select something it uses my Up-Button as the Select-Button. I couldn't go back to the menu or end the game, so I used Task-Manager to close it.

It was just a few rooms in the game. Is there any way to solve this problem if this happens again?
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on September 02, 2016, 04:39:55 PM
So I wanted to change my jump button and then accidently pressed the up key. After that I couldn't do anything anymore cause when I wanted to select something it uses my Up-Button as the Select-Button. I couldn't go back to the menu or end the game, so I used Task-Manager to close it.

It was just a few rooms in the game. Is there any way to solve this problem if this happens again?

Just delete the GlobalData file in the folder for the game and all the settings will be reset. You won't lose progress by deleting the file.
Post by: Marthmer on September 02, 2016, 04:55:51 PM
Oh ok, yeah it works. Thanks for the answer :)
Post by: patrickgh3 on September 02, 2016, 05:04:50 PM
Today marks the release of what will probably be one of the most iconic fangames. Serious congratulations to the whole team for pulling it off; I can only imagine how much work the development must have been.

(click to show/hide)

Edit: a better picture taken by someone earlier
(click to show/hide)
Post by: thebmxbandit11 on September 02, 2016, 07:19:43 PM
I got stuck here

https://i.imgur.com/1PoZhu0.png

great game so far though

edit:also if u bind up and down to shoot on the controls screen the game breaks (from switching to a mashing setup)
Post by: letcreate123 on September 02, 2016, 07:44:36 PM
I've just finished Stage 1 and got the secret, it's actually quite impressive so far.

Anybody who's looking for a great fangame should play this. This could certainly get a Seal of Approval. Maybe.
Post by: aytoms29 on September 02, 2016, 11:11:31 PM
uhhhhh, my computer says it can't open the zip because it's invalid. help me please.
i think the computer stops downloading it a bit early, so the game kinda gets a bit broken.
Post by: themightyian on September 03, 2016, 01:29:36 AM
uhhhhh, my computer says it can't open the zip because it's invalid. help me please.
i think the computer stops downloading it a bit early, so the game kinda gets a bit broken.
I've had the same issue.
Post by: aytoms29 on September 03, 2016, 02:25:05 AM
I've had the same issue.
chrome has trouble downloading it, you gotta use another browser for some reason. it should do it properly after that
Post by: Yuyuko on September 03, 2016, 06:37:51 AM
try mozilla firefox, if the download stops it continues where it left off
Post by: jkscifi on September 03, 2016, 10:04:21 AM
First off, thank you for making such a great game! Even though I'm still in Stage 1, I've been having a lot of fun! However, I have a small issue that I haven't seen anyone else experience, so I think it's probably because of my shitty laptop, but the sound effects in the game (jumping, shooting, saving, restarting, etc...) all seem to be... lagging and echo-y. Everything else, like the music, seems to be working fine, but all the sound effects extremely echo-y and, put it bluntly, pretty bad. But in all the streams of the game I've seen, they're all fine! So I was wondering, is anyone else having a similar issue?
Post by: Yuyuko on September 03, 2016, 10:18:52 AM
First off, thank you for making such a great game! Even though I'm still in Stage 1, I've been having a lot of fun! However, I have a small issue that I haven't seen anyone else experience, so I think it's probably because of my shitty laptop, but the sound effects in the game (jumping, shooting, saving, restarting, etc...) all seem to be... lagging and echo-y. Everything else, like the music, seems to be working fine, but all the sound effects extremely echo-y and, put it bluntly, pretty bad. But in all the streams of the game I've seen, they're all fine! So I was wondering, is anyone else having a similar issue?
i have this same problem, but i closed all opened programs and then restarted the laptop, and i didn't have any problem, so far
Post by: TheEngulfingOcean on September 03, 2016, 01:00:39 PM
I've got a problem that is really bumming me out. Every time I quit the game, I lose all of my progress and I have to start at the very beginning. I haven't found anyone else with this issue, but if you do, message me.
Post by: Huse on September 03, 2016, 01:20:35 PM
I have a problem and I don't know if I have to delete my save or I'm dumb.

I unlocked the first teleporter I found with a key and entered in it after beating stage 1. Now I'm in some kind of avoidance with no way out. Can I leave to the main hub without having to beat it?

This is where I am https://i.imgur.com/rhPDPj5.png

Thank you.
Post by: elraimon2000 on September 03, 2016, 01:33:04 PM
I have a problem and I don't know if I have to delete my save or I'm dumb.

I unlocked the first teleporter I found with a key and entered in it after beating stage 1. Now I'm in some kind of avoidance with no way out. Can I leave to the main hub without having to beat it?

This is where I am https://i.imgur.com/rhPDPj5.png

Thank you.
Press backspace to go back to the castle.
Post by: Huse on September 03, 2016, 01:36:29 PM
Press backspace to go back to the castle.

I think I tried the whole keyboard except that key. Thanks a lot.
Post by: klazen108 on September 03, 2016, 02:49:20 PM
Post by: Slith on September 03, 2016, 03:40:34 PM
Hi I'm in Tesseract right now (Stage 2) and having huge trouble hitting the red buttons. My bullets aren't missing though. The hits just don't register 99% of the time.

/edit fuck me I am dumb...

/edit2: Well, ok. You actually don't shoot the buttons. Maybe it's because I am an old man idk. But still, there are red buttons, how do you know that you don't shoot them, when you are supposed to shoot them in every other game!?

Also there is a vine in the 2nd I wanna see the moon screen in the bottom left corner I got stuck in many, many times. I had to mash shift pretty rapidly to get out. Maybe the boshy costume was the problem though, dunno.
Post by: Yuyuko on September 03, 2016, 03:50:48 PM
Hi I'm in Tesseract right now (Stage 2) and having huge trouble hitting the red buttons. My bullets aren't missing though. The hits just don't register 99% of the time.

Also there is a vine in the 2nd I wanna see the moon screen in the bottom left corner I got stuck in many, many times. I had to mash shift pretty rapidly to get out. Maybe the boshy costume was the problem though, dunno.
you have to touch the red buttons

i can't detect your problem in see the moon, i passed this screen and get the secret without problem
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on September 03, 2016, 04:27:41 PM
New patch out.
Main download link still applies, see the changelog for changes.

Quick download (just exe): https://fangam.es/c2patch
Post by: klazen108 on September 03, 2016, 06:19:03 PM

That's normal vine behavior in fangames as far as I know. We were reluctant to try to fix it in case it broke anything else, since we didn't have a lot of time to test. We're looking into it, but like you said, if it happens you can get out if you struggle a bit.
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on September 03, 2016, 08:30:08 PM
New patch, same link.
Post by: jkscifi on September 04, 2016, 05:15:03 AM
i have this same problem, but i closed all opened programs and then restarted the laptop, and i didn't have any problem, so far

Sorry, doesn't seem to be working. I think that it might actualy be because I'm running Windows 10, since the audio is fine on my other computer with Windows 7.

Guess I'll just have to play on that, or install Windows 7 on this laptop. Oh well :atkHappy:
Post by: Yuyuko on September 04, 2016, 07:29:53 AM

Sorry, doesn't seem to be working. I think that it might actualy be because I'm running Windows 10, since the audio is fine on my other computer with Windows 7.

Guess I'll just have to play on that, or install Windows 7 on this laptop. Oh well :atkHappy:
i don't use Windows 10 because of the high consumption of memory from my laptop, i installed once and i regret it, i recommend that you install windows 7 or windows 8.1
Post by: Samiboule on September 04, 2016, 12:40:03 PM
I found a small bug right at beginning of the game. When the kid appears at the top of the first screen pressing r before landing on the ground will result in the kid spawning somewhere out of the screen. It's still possible to move but you can't see the kid. I haven't found a way to get out.
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on September 04, 2016, 10:38:51 PM
More patch action. (ver 1.32)

fangam.es/c2         (full download)
fangam.es/c2patch (exe download)
Post by: aytoms29 on September 05, 2016, 12:29:07 AM

Try redownloading with another browser and try that file. Maybe it didn't download properly because chrome does have trouble with the file. It should work on windows 10.
Post by: MLSTRM on September 05, 2016, 02:45:11 PM
Just a minor thing, the music for the first half of stage 5 gets muted in twitch vods, and if you look at the newgrounds page for the track there's a mention of it happening since may.
While I realise it's not going to be any kind of high priority issue, I figured it was worth mentioning in case you guys weren't aware since I assume streamability is something you consider.
Post by: XionFlux on September 05, 2016, 11:33:39 PM
I am running on Windows 8.1 on a computer that is not that great, but can handle a majority of fangames as long as nothing else is open. This game, however, I've had a decreased performance in, hovering between 40 and 45 fps. I attempted running the exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7, and it appears to have fixed the issue, so if anyone else has this problem they can try this.
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on September 05, 2016, 11:38:59 PM
There is a new patch out that will hopefully stick around for longer than the others. Sorry for making you guys download so many patches.
Post by: Huse on September 06, 2016, 05:19:34 PM
Not sure if this is intended but in the stage 3 boss, if you kill The Guy in the phase where there's an spike in the middle you can hit Geezer by shooting at that same spike as he's appearing.

https://i.imgur.com/1AIp9T5.png
Post by: Yuyuko on September 06, 2016, 06:31:50 PM
this is normal or is a bug?
(click to show/hide)
Post by: infern0man1 on September 06, 2016, 09:21:17 PM
That's a skin, Yuyuko; it's normal
Post by: TOKETMEK on September 07, 2016, 06:33:33 AM
(https://i.hizliresim.com/OE0Vgz.png) (https://hizliresim.com/OE0Vgz)
?
Post by: just_another_Guy on September 07, 2016, 07:05:02 AM
(https://i.hizliresim.com/OE0Vgz.png) (https://hizliresim.com/OE0Vgz)
?

Use winzip or (even better) don't download from chrome.
Post by: Yuyuko on September 07, 2016, 08:03:25 AM
this occur because the file wasn't completely downloaded, try using mozilla firefox
Post by: TOKETMEK on September 07, 2016, 08:38:13 AM
It worked, thanks guys.
Post by: thebmxbandit11 on September 07, 2016, 08:43:37 PM
I just got this death on video, but this has happened to me about 6 times now and I have no idea why.  Also like 20% of the time I enter the room and I scoot over to the right edge of the block the boss is invincible for the first attack, but i didn't make a video for that.

sorry about the audio I was watching a stream.

(click to show/hide)
Post by: jkscifi on September 08, 2016, 08:17:08 AM

Try redownloading with another browser and try that file. Maybe it didn't download properly because chrome does have trouble with the file. It should work on windows 10.

Just in case anyone was still interested if I ended up getting the audio to work properly, after I tried everything everyone had told me, like downloading from a different browser and stuff, I finally decided to just dual-boot windows 7 and now it works great! Thanks for everyone for trying to help me out!
Post by: aytoms29 on September 08, 2016, 09:17:22 PM

Just in case anyone was still interested if I ended up getting the audio to work properly, after I tried everything everyone had told me, like downloading from a different browser and stuff, I finally decided to just dual-boot windows 7 and now it works great! Thanks for everyone for trying to help me out!

nice !
Post by: Astrophil on September 09, 2016, 04:07:12 PM
The second screen of LoveAE-RYRC with the ice gimmick seems next to impossible due weird conveyor belt physics.

Other than that I've been having a lot of fun with this game these last few days, you guys really did an outstanding job!
Post by: Parallax5 on September 10, 2016, 03:18:21 AM
I fell into one of the holes on the 3rd boss and didn't die, first off. Then, after pressing F6 for some benign reason, it took me to Stage 2's secret room except with a black background, from which I pressed R to take me back to the boss. After starting the boss, I found that I could 1 shot it's first phase, and the rest had no health bar, but could be killed as normal. Also, if I pressed F6 again, it would just reset the boss.

The problem does not persist after reloading it, and when I pressed F6, instead of taking me to the secret room, it took me to before I died on one of my attempts and did not allow me to one shot the first phase nor did it take away the health bar.
Post by: elraimon2000 on September 10, 2016, 10:56:54 AM
Found a way to cheese segments where the kid's gravity is changed using the rotating extra.
httpss://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_-fSc17Lv0&feature=youtu.be
Post by: infern0man1 on September 10, 2016, 08:19:55 PM
^video is private
Post by: elraimon2000 on September 11, 2016, 07:10:31 AM
^video is private
I'm stupid, but thanks I fixed it now.
Post by: Lss40 on September 12, 2016, 05:25:28 AM
That is a pretty clever use for the effect :atkHappy:  I hope this won't be considered an exploit, I enjoy seeing unusual strats like this in games. Depends on how the devs feel about it though, of course.
Post by: thebmxbandit11 on September 13, 2016, 11:58:29 PM
just got to the final boss and I can't quit? how do I close the game and have my progress save?
Post by: Swordslinger on September 14, 2016, 01:25:45 AM
just got to the final boss and I can't quit? how do I close the game and have my progress save?

You can press backspace to return to the small area before Biff and there you can use the pause menu, don't worry it wont save there.
Post by: elraimon2000 on September 17, 2016, 01:04:52 PM
Bifficult late game spoilers I guess:

Found a neat strat to be able to save halfway through the
(click to show/hide)
Video:
(click to show/hide)
Quality is god awful cause my computer can't handle streaming :atkCry: .
Post by: Wolfiexe on September 18, 2016, 12:38:46 AM
I've been having problems running C2 smoothly lately. It runs fine usually until every now and then (say every 20-30 seconds or so) where the fps will slow down to like 30~ and the audio will start crackling and jittering for a few seconds. This has been popping up since the beginning of the game, and I initially thought it was something OBS was causing but it seems to happen off-stream too.

I'm on Windows 8.1 and my PC is honestly pretty powerful so it really shouldn't be a hardware issue. Running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 didn't work and I've been updating to the latest versions unfortunately with no change. I've tried changing the priority of the application but no change. Is there any idea what could be causing this? I can provide a video reference if it helps.  :atkHappy:
Post by: aytoms29 on September 19, 2016, 07:21:30 PM
I've been having problems running C2 smoothly lately. It runs fine usually until every now and then (say every 20-30 seconds or so) where the fps will slow down to like 30~ and the audio will start crackling and jittering for a few seconds. This has been popping up since the beginning of the game, and I initially thought it was something OBS was causing but it seems to happen off-stream too.

I'm on Windows 8.1 and my PC is honestly pretty powerful so it really shouldn't be a hardware issue. Running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 didn't work and I've been updating to the latest versions unfortunately with no change. I've tried changing the priority of the application but no change. Is there any idea what could be causing this? I can provide a video reference if it helps.  :atkHappy:

The game has trouble downloading on chrome. If you downloaded the game through chrome there is a large chance that the game is corrupt somehow. Try downloading through internet explorer or something :/.

Hope I helped in some way! :IceFairy:
Post by: Wolfiexe on September 29, 2016, 12:09:33 PM

The game has trouble downloading on chrome. If you downloaded the game through chrome there is a large chance that the game is corrupt somehow. Try downloading through internet explorer or something :/.

Hope I helped in some way! :IceFairy:

Sorry I forgot to reply to this. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's been working kind of fine lately offstream although lag tends to happen when I either: a) stream the game or b) watch a stream on my other screen whilst playing. The obvious problem would be that my hardware isn't up to scratch but...it's all honestly pretty good. I was thinking that perhaps OBS wasn't working with it well somehow but as it has lagged and audio crackled without streaming, I'm not sure sure anymore.  Thanks for the advice anyway though!  :atkHappy:

Loving the game but the audio crackling and occasional lag is making it hard to play.  :atkCry:
Post by: SpaceH3R0 on September 29, 2016, 03:14:35 PM
I downloaded the file, but when it finished WinRar said it was broken and wouldn't let me use it!
Post by: infern0man1 on September 29, 2016, 05:10:02 PM
Your exact problem has already been answered multiple times in this thread, SpaceH3RO; please read through it.