I Wanna Community

Fangames => User-Made Creations => Topic started by: 128-Up on January 18, 2016, 04:48:54 AM

Title: I Wanna be the 128 v1.1
Post by: 128-Up on January 18, 2016, 04:48:54 AM
My first "proper" fangame. A Rukito-style game with 8 stages and a boss.

Download here:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/mu5ikv1zxoxb1ai/I_Wanna_be_the_128_v1.1.zip

Previous versions:
(click to show/hide)

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)
Title: Re: I Wanna be the 128
Post by: GamerH2 on January 18, 2016, 07:41:35 AM
Warning
Please choose your words more wisely!
-Zero-G
Post by: Artardss on January 18, 2016, 07:58:19 AM
Don't be a shit asian, don't make horrible design, Please improve the difficulty.

Don't be a shitter, don't make horrible statements, please improve the feedback.
Post by: infern0man1 on January 18, 2016, 01:50:01 PM
Hey GamerH2, we're all entitled to make whatever the hell we want and how we want to make it, and if you can't handle that then this really isn't the place for you.

Next time, instead of insulting both the creator and practically the entire eastern community, say why you disliked the level design, the difficulty, and etc. You can't force people to do what you want, but you can always make suggestions for improvement.
Post by: lawatson on January 18, 2016, 02:20:34 PM
daMN sounds like while I was gone the saltmeister attacked

this was a good needle tho i personally like it even if it is pretty damn hard LOL
Post by: just_another_Guy on January 18, 2016, 03:25:36 PM
Stage 1 was super fun, looking forward to playing the rest. Keep up the good work. :Kappa: b
Post by: kilgour22 on January 19, 2016, 04:21:23 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/Q9QvLOA.png)
This is what happens if you enter the "resume game" portal without having a saved game, then die while trying to get to the start portal. Since R is disabled, you're stuck (obviously f2 can be pressed, but a bug nonetheless!).
Post by: infern0man1 on January 19, 2016, 07:03:13 PM
^I recall certain games having something similar to that (for example, in 3200min, if you press Q in the portal room you will, obviously, die, and you can then load your game on the file you died on because you have a death); if this game does just that, then it might be worth looking into and fixing it.
Post by: BaronBlade on January 19, 2016, 07:39:03 PM
Only played through the first screen, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Only "criticism" is that the music loops are kinda short, but it doesn't really detract from the game. Looking forward to the rest! :wixSanic:
Post by: 128-Up on January 20, 2016, 12:47:33 AM
^I recall certain games having something similar to that (for example, in 3200min, if you press Q in the portal room you will, obviously, die, and you can then load your game on the file you died on because you have a death); if this game does just that, then it might be worth looking into and fixing it.

I have zero idea how to fix that, but thanks for pointing it out. ^^;
Post by: infern0man1 on January 20, 2016, 05:13:15 PM
I suggest looking into how Lemon's engine handles everything in the difficulty selection screen and etc., as I don't think it does that.

Edit: this assumes that you didn't use Lemon's engine to make this game.
Post by: lawatson on January 20, 2016, 05:24:21 PM
lemon engine has those based 0px jumps fam
Post by: 128-Up on January 20, 2016, 05:49:30 PM
I suggest looking into how Lemon's engine handles everything in the difficulty selection screen and etc., as I don't think it does that.

Edit: this assumes that you didn't use Lemon's engine to make this game.

Sadly, this is in Lemon Engine.
Post by: Wolsk on January 20, 2016, 05:51:23 PM
Make sure to change the way the water is coded if you're gonna use some.
Post by: infern0man1 on January 20, 2016, 05:57:09 PM
Welp, I've never actually used the difficulty select screen in Lemon's engine like it's used in a lot of games so I don't know how it works exactly either; from what I've seen, some engines use separate spike objects to place in this room, and others use the same spikes and code it so that they behave like they do. Maybe it could be an issue with respect to that? idk

I'll actually get around to playing this later, as, from what I've seen, it looks pretty fun.
Post by: 128-Up on January 20, 2016, 06:02:57 PM
I've... already used some. It's beyond the demo I provided, though.
What needs changing?
Post by: Derf on January 20, 2016, 06:10:27 PM
Is lemon water bad? I use lemon for a few of my projects and I've never encountered an issue with it.
Post by: kilgour22 on January 20, 2016, 06:29:45 PM
Is lemon water bad? I use lemon for a few of my projects and I've never encountered an issue with it.
If I recall correctly, a one frame in Lemon water makes you do a full jump. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!
Post by: infern0man1 on January 20, 2016, 07:30:57 PM
That's for ねころんEdition; it doesn't do that in Lemon's engine I don't think
Post by: Derf on January 20, 2016, 07:45:27 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is correct.
Post by: Wolsk on January 20, 2016, 08:22:32 PM
thebmxbandit used Lemon Engine for "I Wanna Stop The MELTDOWN," and it has the same issues that Nekoron water has.  Every jump you do actually jumps 1 frame less than what you press, so a 2-frame press would do a 1-frame jump, and I think that also makes 1-frame presses do full jumps (unless it jumps lower than a 1-frame because I'm not actually sure).  It makes the water feel kinda like it's sucking you in.
Post by: infern0man1 on January 20, 2016, 08:46:19 PM
There was an older version of Lemon's engine which had a lot of bugs like that in it (see: iwbtBoner for a complete set of what bugs there were); once again, I don't actually use water enough in my games to know if they work like that or not, but, in the latest version at least, I don't think there's a problem with the water at all (basing this off of an old dead game of mine that had a water segment, which used the latest version of the engine).
Post by: Habluka on January 20, 2016, 08:46:48 PM
thebmxbandit used Lemon Engine for "I Wanna Stop The MELTDOWN," and it has the same issues that Nekoron water has.  Every jump you do actually jumps 1 frame less than what you press, so a 2-frame press would do a 1-frame jump, and I think that also makes 1-frame presses do full jumps (unless it jumps lower than a 1-frame because I'm not actually sure).  It makes the water feel kinda like it's sucking you in.
As far as I know, the water was only broken in meltdown and the default water in Lemon's engine works normally, so it should be fine as long as you don't specifically steal the water code from meltdown.
Title: Re: I Wanna be the 128 v1.0
Post by: 128-Up on March 01, 2016, 11:06:28 PM
Full version has been released!
OP has been edited to include v1.0 download
Title: Re: I Wanna be the 128 v1.1
Post by: 128-Up on March 17, 2016, 10:19:52 PM
New version in the OP that greatly reduces the Game Start screen's difficulty, and fixes a couple of things in Stage 6.
Post by: Kye Williams on June 12, 2016, 09:24:19 AM
WARNING: MOST HORRIBLE FANGAME IN EXISTENCE!  :atkWut:
Post by: infern0man1 on June 12, 2016, 01:29:08 PM
I had written a message an hour ago but the internet here sucks.

If you want to completely shit on a game at least provide reason for why you dislike it so much; as it stands you just look like an asshole. Besides, are your games any better honestly?