I Wanna Community

Other => Off Topic => Topic started by: ilvpag on July 27, 2015, 03:06:10 AM

Title: what's the origin of your username?
Post by: ilvpag on July 27, 2015, 03:06:10 AM
just curious  :RedCoat:

i came up with sandsky when i was practicing SSL in sm64 back when i ran it and i needed a name for a twitch account so i just looked at the screen and it was the first thing that came to my mind. the 0 was just copied from another streamer i watched at the time
Title: Re: what's the origin of your username?
Post by: JGBMaster on July 27, 2015, 06:25:36 AM
I came up with my username when I was 9 iirc. I was playing an online flash game I don't remember and I thought of using my initials of my name and surnames (J, G and B ) but a friend told me to add "master" because it "sounded cool" :Kappa:
Post by: TOKETMEK on July 27, 2015, 07:18:25 AM
randumb nickname. I thought there was an option to change my nickname so I put this. Turns out I was wrong. If anyone's interested it means 'EXTRERMINATE' in turkish, but with a typo.
Post by: Samiboule on July 27, 2015, 09:53:10 AM
My username was originally a joke about my name irl but i forgot the joke :atkWut:
Post by: REBAG on July 27, 2015, 11:54:30 AM
My username was a shitty acronym I made when I was like 9-10
It meant Raven eating a blue grapefruit which spells REABG that I made to REBAG because I thought it sounded cooler
Post by: infern0man1 on July 27, 2015, 05:56:36 PM
Laser tag was where I thought it up; the reason why I thought it up was because I used to be an extremely angry person (it was kinda ridiculous, too), and I guess something related to fire kinda fit with anger.

btw, sand, where did 'ilvpag' come from?
Post by: ilvpag on July 27, 2015, 06:41:58 PM
ilvpag is an acronym for something really stupid, don't want to say :P
Post by: infern0man1 on July 27, 2015, 07:59:43 PM
lol ok  :atkHappy:
Post by: patrickgh3 on July 28, 2015, 02:47:42 AM
In seventh grade my friends pestered me to get an AIM account. I came up with patrickgh3 in a rush since they were staring over my shoulder. Patrick is my first name, and gh3 stands for the game Guitar Hero 3 which I liked at that time. I wish I had come up with something better and that didn't use my first name, but oh well. I kept procrastinating on thinking up a new name and now here we are.
Post by: Wolsk on July 28, 2015, 07:09:50 PM
REBAG, your story is pretty cool.
Pat, you already have another username. :denKamilia_v2:

Mine is 4 random consonants and a random vowel (older brother's idea), and we made a list of names with the letters rearranged until I found something that I liked and thought sounded cool.  Every time you guys misspell my name as Wolks or Kslow or something, those were all potential usernames at one point. :Kappa:
Post by: kendotlibero on July 29, 2015, 07:14:01 AM
Mi nick comes from an old text-based rpg called extremelot. Kendot was one of those classes... Libero means "free" in italian, and was tbe first word I found opening a random page of a dictionary
Post by: Katz on July 30, 2015, 02:27:27 PM
Kilik's repeated phrase (B attack) in Soul Calibur II. Pretty much.
Post by: bananaguy12 on August 14, 2015, 12:29:19 AM
Bananaguy12 comes from my brother who just made the name for me one time many years ago.
Post by: RebornIsaac on August 14, 2015, 04:19:51 PM
RebornIsaac, kinda obvious but it comes from The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Post by: garrettp375 on September 10, 2015, 12:57:37 AM
Garrett (name) P (last initial) 375(personal number, to be revealed why)
Post by: MatthewRPG on September 12, 2015, 10:37:23 AM
Whoo, boy, this is gonna be something interesting...
   When I was a little boy, I'd say around three or four, I watched Chuggaconroy's, a youtuber that did walkthroughs with commentary on various classic console games, walkthrough on Super Mario RPG. Whenever I was a kid, I was highly influenced by what I watched, or simply played a game about. Because that game was my favourite game at the time, I decided to name myself, "SupahMatthewRPG," as a username. After I played a game when I was like five, or something, I forgot the name, but I know it had mining moles in it with various types of pickaxes and was a browser game, and its username character limit was less than how long my username was, so I shortened it to just, "MatthewRPG," instead.
And I'm still using it.   :SoonerLater:
Post by: Pikabread on October 11, 2015, 02:11:38 PM
When I was like 12 I really liked Pichu so as I was signing up for a forum and I didn't know what to make my name or avatar I found this image of Pichu dressed as Link so I made my name PichuVSLink and used that as an avatar. But that name is kind of dumb. Years later somebody pressured me into getting a tumblr and it was early and I was tired so I thought: Gee what do I like? I dunno Pokémon and bread? and VOILA this masterpiece of a name was born that I like a lot more.

I still really like Pichu so while "Pikabread" is my more 'formal' interwebs name if you want to call it that I largely go by Pichu as a nickname.
Post by: Ario147 on October 11, 2015, 05:08:44 PM
When I was like 5-7yrs old I needed nickname that I'd use everywhere, so I was just thinking of something that sounds cool, and apparently that was my choice out of nowhere.

147 because this number is haunting me for some reason.
Post by: Derf on October 11, 2015, 05:17:21 PM
Damn byo aint got Steeze but I'll tell ou a little about me - D for Daddy Cool by Boney M, seminal eurodisco track; E for Enormous Dong (A BYO CAN DREAM); R for Ready to Rumble; F for fuck out my face :~)
Title: Keygrin Name
Post by: Keygrin on October 19, 2015, 08:11:35 PM
I chose this username after both Kayin and Solgryn. Love me some Oatmeal Dinosaur Eggs!
Post by: RebornIsaac on October 28, 2015, 08:16:11 PM
Spambot, pls.
Post by: Yuyuko on September 04, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
It originated from some surreal point
Post by: L4Vo5 on September 07, 2016, 01:34:57 AM
Well, i had to choose a nickname for my Minecraft account back in 2014, and because you couldn't change it at the time i decided to, once and for all, think of my definitive internet username.
So somehow i tought of Lavos (final boss of Chrono trigger), but of course it was taken. And even if it weren't taken it'd probably be taken on other sites anyway. So i replaced the A with a 4 and the S with a 5 (much later i'd learn that sorts of things are considered "leet". And by that i mean like, two months ago or so), and decided to make the "V" uppercase because i tought it looked cooler (5 looks uppercase and 4 is kind of in the middle, so it looks pretty balanced).
To this day very few people bother writing my nickname right xP

so I was just thinking of something that sounds cool, and apparently that was my choice out of nowhere.
Fun fact: in spanish, ario is aryan (the race Hitler tought superior)
Post by: Corrupt on September 07, 2016, 06:47:15 AM
I was thinking of a username for Geometry Dash, so I used the first word that came in my head. Yeah...
Post by: Mrdaaaaaa on August 29, 2018, 05:29:02 PM
My actual name on delfruit is just because I like happil 2 and MSR.